Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
10h not happy post-match here
"wasn't offside"
"penalty on hojlund"
"evans was fouled"
he's fuming
why was evans on the £#%&!ing pitch to begin with.

why did we decide to sit on the edge of our box and just boot it up in the air for 10 mins?

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
No.
It’s not far off tbf.

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
why was evans on the £#%&!ing pitch to begin with.
Because everyone ahead in the pecking order was absent/injured?

Which is an utterly ridiculous situation obviously.

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:43 PM
Sparky***

Whichever way you box it up this isn’t £#%&!ing good enough

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:59 PM
dunk

Was Lindelof injured then?

Unread 03-09-2023, 08:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was Lindelof injured then?
No...

Just a humongous fanny...

Maguire and Evans.

£#%&! my life...

Unread 04-09-2023, 10:32 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Whichever way you box it up this isn’t £#%&!ing good enough

https://x.com/footyaccums/status/169...Tig51Y-d5izVYA
Shouldn't have posted this tweet last night tbh but i was £#%&!ing raging at that stage.

Thinking about it this Jadon Sancho thing it's yet another problem that Ten Hag has had dropped in his lap. I can't think of any other manager who's come into a new club in the first year and inherited as many dramas as he has. The Ronaldo mess, the greenwood situation, a squad riddled with underperforming malcontents leaking shit to the press every week and of course the takeover saga all the time looming in the background. It's hardly a recipe for success.

Now he was this utter belm Sancho chirping away it's another £#%&!ing thing for him to deal with. Never has it been more apparent that we still have work to do in terms of the manager exerting his authority over this bunch and getting out these entitled losers who've done nothing to justify this over inflated opinion of themselves.

Obviously if we were winning every week you wouldn't be getting this. These players tend to get all brave when they think the manager is at a weak point. It's vital now that the club put aside whatever they think of Sancho as an 'asset' and let ten hag bin him the £#%&! off as a lesson to the others.

Personally I do wonder if Ten Hag will eventually wonder if this is all worth it. He could probably walk into another job in another country and have a much easier time of it at a club that isn't a £#%&!ing soap opera.

Unread 04-09-2023, 10:56 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Personally I do wonder if Ten Hag will eventually wonder if this is all worth it. He could probably walk into another job in another country and have a much easier time of it at a club that isn't a £#%&!ing soap opera.
My biggest fear. He's the only one at the club with any clue. We love us, but he is a man doing a job. If I were him I'd be close to sacking it off.

Yet some people still think he's not good enough. Either children or WUMS.

Unread 04-09-2023, 10:57 AM
AK14

Quote:
Shouldn't have posted this tweet last night tbh but i was £#%&!ing raging at that stage.

Thinking about it this Jadon Sancho thing it's yet another problem that Ten Hag has had dropped in his lap. I can't think of any other manager who's come into a new club in the first year and inherited as many dramas as he has. The Ronaldo mess, the greenwood situation, a squad riddled with underperforming malcontents leaking shit to the press every week and of course the takeover saga all the time looming in the background. It's hardly a recipe for success.

Now he was this utter belm Sancho chirping away it's another £#%&!ing thing for him to deal with. Never has it been more apparent that we still have work to do in terms of the manager exerting his authority over this bunch and getting out these entitled losers who've done nothing to justify this over inflated opinion of themselves.

Obviously if we were winning every week you wouldn't be getting this. These players tend to get all brave when they think the manager is at a weak point. It's vital now that the club put aside whatever they think of Sancho as an 'asset' and let ten hag bin him the £#%&! off as a lesson to the others.

This is my worry.

He doesn’t seem like someone that would throw in the towel but as you say he’d get another top job tomorrow if he wanted too. Imagine winning a cup and finishing third with the issues we had with the squad last season (de gea on goal and no striker etc) and then having to finish the game with Maguire (who you wanted shot of) and Johnny £#%&!ing Evans in central defence…. And we’re only four games into the season ffs and now you’ve got that pudding Sancho chirping away, along with the ongoing mess of the takeover process.

Unread 04-09-2023, 11:01 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Bang on.

Ten Hag is doing nothing more than outlining the standards and expectations, then having the balls to back it up.

We’ve seen Ronaldo piss and moan about it and now Sancho. We’ve seen positive reactions from Garnacho and Rashford to being disciplined. We’ve seen a willingness to work hard and improve from the likes of Dalot and AWB.

This was always going to happen. It’s what was needed. We had years of people moaning about player power and how Fergie wouldn’t have stood for this etc….then we get someone who acts that way and many don’t back it. The likes of Pep and Klopp do exactly the same:

This is how it’s going to be. These are the standards, the rules and how I want us to play. It’s not negotiable.

It’s not unreasonable. Mistakes are expected - he frequently refers to the process and it taking time - but I’ve never felt at any point like he wasn’t completely fair in what he’s trying to do.

The first 1 to 2 years was always going to separate the wheat from the chaff. Some were not going to have the ability, some were not going to have the right attitude and some were not going to have both. Some were and some would be willing to work and learn. And that’s just the lads who are already here.

We’re still figuring out who falls into which category.

All the time under a ridiculous level of scrutiny.

He’s taken on the most difficult job in football when we were at our lowest ebb in 30 years. This was never an overnight thing.

If Sancho is another who falls by wayside, so be it. We ain’t missing much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This is my worry.

He doesn’t seem like someone that would throw in the towel but as you say he’d get another top job tomorrow if he wanted too. Imagine winning a cup and finishing third with the issues we had with the squad last season (de gea on goal and no striker etc) and then having to finish the game with Maguire (who you wanted shot of) and Johnny £#%&!ing Evans in central defence…. And we’re only four games into the season ffs and now you’ve got that pudding Sancho chirping away, along with the ongoing mess of the takeover process.
He’s not going anywhere. He’s clearly a determined character who experienced early difficulties in all his roles. He’ll also know the ownership won’t outlast him.

He’s still more likely to be sacked than walk.

Unread 04-09-2023, 11:14 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Misread it. Point still stands though.
ffs

Quote:

bang on

Unread 04-09-2023, 12:15 PM
DublinRedDevil

ETH strikes me as being extremely pragmatic. He knows exactly what is wrong with the club and what it takes to change it. I would be amazed if he hasn't provide a solution to every single problem of team management that he has inherited, including costings and deadlines. He had an excellent first season and he is now replacing the man-babies with tenacious performers but without a DOF he's having to rely on players he can trust to deliver. He is implementing a new football style which we can all see beginning to grow but again, Rome wasn't built in a day. For the constraints he has to work within, he's doing a £#%&!ing banging job.

Unread 04-09-2023, 12:18 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinRedDevil
ETH strikes me as being extremely pragmatic. He knows exactly what is wrong with the club and what it takes to change it. I would be amazed if he hasn't provide a solution to every single problem of team management that he has inherited, including costings and deadlines. He had an excellent first season and he is now replacing the man-babies with tenacious performers but without a DOF he's having to rely on players he can trust to deliver. He is implementing a new football style which we can all see beginning to grow but again, Rome wasn't built in a day. For the constraints he has to work within, he's doing a £#%&!ing banging job.
Hi Erik.

Unread 04-09-2023, 12:20 PM
shenwen

ETH isn't going anywhere. He's the manager of Man United. Even better, manager of a Man United that has underperformed for a decade. That's a dream job for any serious manager.

Also, that 9 million a year probably helps him cope with the drama

Unread 04-09-2023, 12:37 PM
DublinRedDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Hi Erik.
Do you actually have anything to say in reply to my post?

Unread 04-09-2023, 12:50 PM
dunk

Tough start to the season in that the away games were Spurs’ first home game under a new manager and Arsenal, I sympathise a bit. We clearly weren’t ready for the season, again, injuries have been a bit of a piss take and we got shafted at Spurs and again yesterday. Thought we played well in spells of both games but there’s clearly an away day monkey on our backs.

Would’ve been nice to have something a bit more manageable to get our teeth into and build some belief, then again we could’ve got shunted for 4 at Brentford again

As said, so many ridiculous things for him to deal with, not least the expectation of the fans. They don’t look ready for a title challenge at all to me, and I never expected them to tbh, just hope for a constant improvement as the season continues (there will be setbacks though obvs) and that the ownership %@#$&!s is sorted out. Sick of the circus.

Unread 04-09-2023, 02:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Tough start to the season in that the away games were Spurs’ first home game under a new manager and Arsenal, I sympathise a bit. We clearly weren’t ready for the season, again, injuries have been a bit of a piss take and we got shafted at Spurs and again yesterday. Thought we played well in spells of both games but there’s clearly an away day monkey on our backs.

Would’ve been nice to have something a bit more manageable to get our teeth into and build some belief, then again we could’ve got shunted for 4 at Brentford again

As said, so many ridiculous things for him to deal with, not least the expectation of the fans. They don’t look ready for a title challenge at all to me, and I never expected them to tbh, just hope for a constant improvement as the season continues (there will be setbacks though obvs) and that the ownership %@#$&!s is sorted out. Sick of the circus.
Yep. I didn’t fancy us at all yesterday and we played much better than I expected and should have got something. The away record is indeed a monkey on the back….but I really don’t think we’re that far off. We were a hair away from the late winner yesterday. Bruno buries that header at Spurs and it’s a different game. He hasn’t set us up to lose in the same way he did last season. There’s still problems and we’ll have our moments, but I expect us to improve, like we did last year, once things settle down.

There isn’t a team outside of City that is missing their first 4 choice centre backs away to Arsenal and getting anything.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinRedDevil
Do you actually have anything to say in reply to my post?
Yes, I posted it.

I'll post it again.

Hi Erik...

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:21 AM
est.1878

FIne margins, in a nearby parallel world we win that 2-1 and everyone gets too giddy and theres a 20 page "whisper it, ON" thread.

Unread 05-09-2023, 10:43 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
FIne margins, in a nearby parallel world we win that 2-1 and everyone gets too giddy and theres a 20 page "whisper it, ON" thread.
Bruno scored his header and we’re given a blatant penalty and we’re 4 wins from 4. Doesn’t go like that for us any more, we’re on the wrong side of the fine margins too often.
Closed Thread