United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2019, 04:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So, with the 75m Lukaku fee that leaves us with a whopping actual spend this summer of 70m quid. Roughly exactly the same as last summer then.

If that's our budget now every year we're not going to get anywhere fast.

Oh well.
Expect us to ship a few out to Europe to further chip away at that before September.

Unread 08-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Expect us to ship a few out to Europe to further chip away at that before September.
Oh absolutely i agree.

£#%&!ing disgusting tbh.

Unread 08-08-2019, 04:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
So, with the 75m Lukaku fee that leaves us with a whopping actual spend this summer of 70m quid. Roughly exactly the same as last summer then.

Oh well.
And yet we were told the reason we didn’t sign anyone else last summer was they couldn’t agree on targets...

Absolute %@#$&!s obviously.

Ole has a massive job on his hands.

Unread 08-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
And yet we were told the reason we didn’t sign anyone else last summer was they couldn’t agree on targets...

Absolute %@#$&!s obviously.

Ole has a massive job on his hands.
If he cares about the club he should resign and expose them.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
If he cares about the club he should resign and expose them.
That could yet happen.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Whalefish

How long before Phil Jones or Axel end up in centre midfield to cover for the likes of Matic and/or Pogba when he downs tools?

Just to add how does having 6 or 7 CB's help Axel's development this season? We all know how it goes, there'll be games where he should play but Smalling/Jones/Rojo will get the mins because "they're good lads, been training well, and need some game time".

£#%&! off.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Oh well.
Yeah. It quickly became apparent that was the case didn't it with the way we conducted our business. You have to say, in the circumstances, Ole has done a much better job with his 70m than Mourinho did the previous year. Mourinho was trying to sell Martial to raise funds for Maguire.

James, AWB and Maguire is a damn sight better than Fred and Dalot.

I imagine next summer we will sell Pogba and that will be used to supplement Ole's revamp of the midfield plus a forward.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yeah. It quickly became apparent that was the case didn't it with the way we conducted our business. You have to say, in the circumstances, Ole has done a much better job with his 70m than Mourinho did the previous year. Mourinho was trying to sell Martial to raise funds for Maguire.

James, AWB and Maguire is a damn sight better than Fred and Dalot.

I imagine next summer we will sell Pogba and that will be used to supplement Ole's revamp of the midfield plus a forward.
Yep.

I think given the money spent, we’ve done very good business. Would have liked another midfielder and a forward, but defence was the absolute priority for, along with keeping DDG, and to a lesser extent Pogba.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Sparky***

We've spent 130m on defenders which, given that it was without doubt the worst part of our team last season, is a huge step in the right direction.

Wan-Bissaka is a £#%&!ing good player. Really good.

Cut the mistakes out, start keeping clean sheets and we can start building something.

That's it. That's my positive comment for the year.

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Clownbones

It's a strange one, because we've been left desperately short in certain areas, yet Ole has done well with who he has brought in and who he has sold.

In two windows, he's got rid of two players (fellaini and lukaku) who completely oppose any kind of football we'd like to see.

We needed a leader at the back - got one.

We needed a proper right back - got one.

He's kept de Gea.

We suddenly has a back five that picks itself and two full backs at full back.

He has no choice but to play some promising kids and he's giving a chance to Rashford and Martial to prove their worth as our main men.

It's an awful lot of what we said we wanted.

All for £70m.

He's done well.

He has his hands tied behind his back like all before him.

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
We've spent 130m on defenders which, given that it was without doubt the worst part of our team last season, is a huge step in the right direction.

Cut the mistakes out, start keeping clean sheets and we can start building something.

Basically this.

But If we pick up injures in the midfield things could get very ugly.

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Basically this.

But If we pick up injures in the midfield things could get very ugly.
Or if they all stay fit.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
A proper right back

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Clownbones

Thumbs up

Quote:
Delighted we got him.

Right back was a massive issue last season and he looks like a simple fix.

Still got my doubts about Shaw, but its the best looking back five we've had in years.

Unread 09-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Proper bloody player

Unread 09-08-2019, 01:21 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Delighted we got him.

Right back was a massive issue last season and he looks like a simple fix.

Still got my doubts about Shaw, but its the best looking back five we've had in years.
Ridiculous statement our best looking back 5 would be Romero, Tone,Eric , Daley, Ashley.

Worst

Barthez GN, Brucie, Pallister, PN

Unread 09-08-2019, 02:03 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Ridiculous statement our best looking back 5 would be Romero, Tone,Eric , Daley, Ashley.

Worst

Barthez GN, Brucie, Pallister, PN
Someone clearly has a type
Closed Thread