Originally Posted by djsst
Metaphor mayhem.

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:22 AM
Brucie

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Two players gone but the sentiment is right. Thats more worrying than the lack of signings for me. Loads still need shipping out.

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:28 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Suicidal to sell before you be replaced despite how shit they are

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
It's worth remembering that Spain, Italy and Germany's tranfer windows only just opened on the 1st July, and that Italy's closes a couple of weeks after ours, with Spain and Germany's closing almost a month after ours.

Loads of time for the deadwood to drift away yet, most will be probably leave once the season starts.

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It's worth remembering that Spain, Italy and Germany's tranfer windows only just opened on the 1st July, and that Italy's closes a couple of weeks after ours, with Spain and Germany's closing almost a month after ours.

Loads of time for the deadwood to drift away yet, most will be probably leave once the season starts.
That's the problem though.
If they £#%&! off when the season starts, we can't get any upgrades in until January.

Unless, there's something else in the pipeline....*

*Course not

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:06 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
That's the problem though.
If they £#%&! off when the season starts, we can't get any upgrades in until January.

Unless, there's something else in the pipeline....*

*Course not
We could £#%&! off Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez and Bailly (all of them please god) without too much bother as it is.

If we can get in replacements for Lukaku, Pogba and Jones before our window closes, then personally I'd be happy with them 7 gone and 3 new players in, and I don't think we'd be any weaker in any way as a result.

Ideally we'd also see off Young, Smalling and Perreira as well, but the latter two could still have a part to play this season, while I feel the former is the shit that just wont flush.

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:18 AM
puressence

not entirely sure how the manager is blamed for players coming and going hes not that person he will gove a list of ins and outs and the suits deal with it ........... and even then its not easy look at bale ffs hes been told face to face your not wanted

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:23 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
not entirely sure how the manager is blamed for players coming and going hes not that person he will gove a list of ins and outs and the suits deal with it ........... and even then its not easy look at bale ffs hes been told face to face your not wanted
Who’s blaming Ole

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:50 AM
Vedder

Thumbs down

Quote:
We could £#%&! off Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez and Bailly (all of them please god) without too much bother as it is.

If we can get in replacements for Lukaku, Pogba and Jones before our window closes, then personally I'd be happy with them 7 gone and 3 new players in, and I don't think we'd be any weaker in any way as a result.

Ideally we'd also see off Young, Smalling and Perreira as well, but the latter two could still have a part to play this season, while I feel the former is the shit that just wont flush.
Pereira is being offered a new contract

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
It'd probably make sense to see if he can actually perform consistently before offering him a new contract, but what do I know

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
why are they persisting with him? I just dont see a player in him at this level.

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:01 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Yes but he is on £600,000 per week and would rather live in Spain than go anywhere else. So fair £#%&!s to him.

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Yes but he is on £600,000 per week and would rather live in Spain than go anywhere else. So fair £#%&!s to him.
He's also not shit.

He may not be at the standard he was at but, he's certainly nowhere near as bad as some of the shit we're trying to shovel*

*I say try but, I'm not sure offering them new contracts is the best way to go about it

Unread 05-07-2019, 09:47 AM
ZiggyStardust

It absolutely blows my mind that we're not even being linked with a wide right forward
How many years since we signed a player who's best position is wide right...Valencia?

That for me would have been the number 1 priority this summer but we don't even seem to be looking for one

As it stands I'd have Greenwood as starting wide right forward for the first game of the season
He's the only player in the squad who is actually comfortable out there

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:02 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

The English chairmen who voted for such a different window to the rest of Europe want shooting.

Not much point letting them leave after the season starts as we can’t get replacements. Rest assured, Pogba, lukaku, their agents and buying clubs will be using that situation with the transfer window as leverage, which is why united are either going to have to let them go cheap to get rid quickly or we end up stuck with disruptive influences for the rest of the season.

The only way united can win in those circumstances is to buy replacements now and still be prepared to keep lukaku and Pogba at the club, sat in the stands. Then the leverage is with united. But they won’t do it so we’re stuck with a shitty situation either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Who’s blaming Ole
Woodward and the fans 6 months into the new season.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:12 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The English chairmen who voted for such a different window to the rest of Europe want shooting.

Not much point letting them leave after the season starts as we can’t get replacements. Rest assured, Pogba, lukaku, their agents and buying clubs will be using that situation with the transfer window as leverage, which is why united are either going to have to let them go cheap to get rid quickly or we end up stuck with disruptive influences for the rest of the season.

The only way united can win in those circumstances is to buy replacements now and still be prepared to keep lukaku and Pogba at the club, sat in the stands. Then the leverage is with united. But they won’t do it so we’re stuck with a shitty situation either way.

If we have a shit start to the season it will be on Ole. He is one telling Woodward to sign Championship players based on 'being fast' and looking at lads from Newcastle who have played about 10 games and already have a bad knee injury.

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Can't speak for the CEO but, I don't see many fans blaming Solskjaer.

It's a legit point though, he said that some of the players that day at Goodison wouldn't be a part of his squad. They're still here and going away on pre season tour so I don't see any reason not to flag it at this moment in time to even debate/discuss it

Unread 05-07-2019, 10:24 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It absolutely blows my mind that we're not even being linked with a wide right forward
How many years since we signed a player who's best position is wide right...Valencia?

That for me would have been the number 1 priority this summer but we don't even seem to be looking for one

As it stands I'd have Greenwood as starting wide right forward for the first game of the season
He's the only player in the squad who is actually comfortable out there
Maybe he sees Dalot there alongside the forwards - priority should now be centre half and 2 midfielders

Unread 05-07-2019, 11:02 AM
AK14

No way the majority of fans turn on Ole

Especially if we £#%&! this transfer window up like we did last summer.

Owners/Woodward have made a rod for their back truth be told because they’ll get a lot more flack than they ever did when Mou was here. Same for the players too, the fans will more than likely turn on them before Ole if we start poorly.
Closed Thread