United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2018, 09:34 PM
Switching Off

Woeful tonight.

So that's a midfielder to add to the striker, winger and 8 defenders we need.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Whalefish

Slow, ponderous on the ball, and reactive to situations (and then doesn't have the pace of mobility to do anything about it).

Thought Pjanic and the young Uruguayan absolutely destroyed him tonight. Completely showed him up to be, well, shite.

And yes, 'we' need another central midfielder. Possibly a couple if/when Pogba departs.

Unread 23-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Whalefish

Counter attack second half, ball laid off to Matic, two strides forwards played a pass in field straight to a Juventus player. The pass out wide to Mata was a piece of piss yet he still £#%&!ed it up.

Unread 23-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Sparky***

Matic in isolation, isn't a problem. If he were sat behind more mobile, forward thinking midfielders, where he wasn't so exposed, he'd be fine.

As it is he looks woeful, like most of our players do, because I don't think any of them really know what it is they're supposed to be doing half the time.

I don't think we work on anything in training other than keeping our shape when we don't have the ball. That's it. That's the only thing I can actually see that we do regularly.

Unread 24-10-2018, 12:10 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Matic in isolation, isn't a problem. If he were sat behind more mobile, forward thinking midfielders, where he wasn't so exposed, he'd be fine.

As it is he looks woeful, like most of our players do, because I don't think any of them really know what it is they're supposed to be doing half the time.

I don't think we work on anything in training other than keeping our shape when we don't have the ball. That's it. That's the only thing I can actually see that we do regularly.
Yep, spot on. If we had signed Jorginho he would be fine. Someone that actually gets about the pitch and finds pockets of space. As it is, our midfield looks worse than last year which is insane.

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:07 AM
Clownbones

Quote:

Exactly.

If one or two look off the pace, you question them. If all of them are, you question the manager.

Luke Shaw is the only player who has been on it this season and that's because he has a point to prove to whoever is in charge.

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:52 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep, spot on. If we had signed Jorginho he would be fine. Someone that actually gets about the pitch and finds pockets of space. As it is, our midfield looks worse than last year which is insane.
Signed Fred when Jorginho went for, near enough, the same price.

£52M and he can't even get a game ffs.

Unread 24-10-2018, 09:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Signed Fred when Jorginho went for, near enough, the same price.

£52M and he can't even get a game ffs.
who the £#%&! is he?

Unread 24-10-2018, 10:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
who the £#%&! is he?
One of the best players in the Premier League at this time now playing for Chelsea after telling City to go £#%&! themselves.

Unread 24-10-2018, 10:52 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Tbf he can't run these days and is an average passer. That wouldn't look great in any side.

I think there's a case for him being one of the most overrated players we've had imo

Unread 24-10-2018, 10:58 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf he can't run these days and is an average passer. That wouldn't look great in any side.

I think there's a case for him being one of the most overrated players we've had imo
Hmmm, no that’s definitely harsh.

Unread 24-10-2018, 11:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Yep. Never wanted him. Was clearly gone in his last season with Chelsea, and has only actually had one really good season in this league, for me; his first.

If he was any good there's no way Chelsea would've allowed him to join United, same with Mata.

Unread 24-10-2018, 11:02 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Hmmm, no that’s definitely harsh.
He's pretty highly rated. That's a big part of the call.

Unread 24-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Wellinever

The difference Matic made when he first came into our mid-field was impressive.

However he now seems to be suffering from some sort of (long term) recurring injury... which is probably why Chelsea let him go?

Also why Herrera hasn't been tempted to leave and The Scottish Player keeps getting a run out???

Unread 24-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
The difference Matic made when he first came into our mid-field was impressive.

However he now seems to be suffering from some sort of (long term) recurring injury... which is probably why Chelsea let him go?

Also why Herrera hasn't been tempted to leave and The Scottish Player keeps getting a run out???
Herrera is doing well to be at United.

Unread 24-10-2018, 11:27 AM
dunk

Herrera is absolutely £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 24-10-2018, 11:33 AM
Wellinever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Herrera is doing well to be at United.
I agree, one good game man-marking Hazard at OT last year!

Even a half fit Matic is better than either Herrera or The Scottish Player (as he is now, but has time to improve)… but if the writing's on the wall for Matic (re-niggling injury) you can understand why Mourino wants to keep an understudy ready and Herrera's in no hurry to leave!

Unread 25-10-2018, 12:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
One of the best players in the Premier League at this time now playing for Chelsea after telling City to go £#%&! themselves.

I meant fred.

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:50 AM
ziggyman17

Put him back in to centre back,

Unread 25-10-2018, 07:51 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Put him back in to centre back,
Not a bad shout tbf
Closed Thread