Unread 11-11-2018, 06:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Banned from twitter mate.
The only shock is that it took so long tbph

Unread 11-11-2018, 07:00 PM
utd99

Let the authorities take care of City -or not-, I care more about the fact that we’re now two-bob.

Unread 13-11-2018, 02:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Interesting, unsurprising, but ultimately useless. The 'authorities' won't do dick so long as the man city gravy train keeps rumbling on.

The elite game is rotten to the core.

Unread 14-11-2018, 04:41 PM
waynes ear's

anyone going?

Unread 14-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Can see it being banned on the grounds of health and safety TBH

Unread 30-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
For their millions, Abu Dhabi have also got thousands of unpaid cheerleaders. Few UK cities have such a proud tradition of opposing injustice as Manchester, as the 200th anniversary of the Peterloo massacre is a reminder of. Yet Man City fans have spent far more time haranguing UEFA – booing their anthem on Champions League nights for UEFA’s temerity to impose mild sanctions for the club flagrantly contravening Financial Fair Play rules – than attacking the human rights abuses perpetrated by the state in which the owners of their club reside. The forces of tribalism have been manipulated to buttress a regime antithetical to basic standards of human rights. This is what successful sportswashing looks like. “When sport washing works well, it positively impacts upon peoples’ cognition and behaviour,” says Simon Chadwick from the University of Salford. “We start thinking differently, our attitudes develop favourably, and then we begin behaving more positively towards the alleged sport washer.”
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/m...ports-washing/

Unread 15-01-2019, 11:18 PM
Switching Off

£#%&!ing cheek of these @#%&!s

https://www.theguardian.com/football...fp-allegations

Unread 15-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Of course they've refused to give any comment, it's the same as when you see those murderers being questioned in police interviews and they just say "no comment" in order not to incriminate themselves.

They know what they've done. They know the authorities know what they've done but their silence is just damage limitation.

Unread 15-01-2019, 11:56 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Quote:
The magazine claimed most damagingly that short extracts from four internal emails showed that City’s sponsorships, by the Abu Dhabi airline Etihad and other state-owned companies, were in fact mostly paid by City’s owner, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan, a senior member of the Abu Dhabi ruling family.

Unread 16-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Of course they've refused to give any comment, it's the same as when you see those murderers being questioned in police interviews and they just say "no comment" in order not to incriminate themselves.

They know what they've done. They know the authorities know what they've done but their silence is just damage limitation.
I’ve seen advice where you probably shouldn’t comment to police questioning even if innocent. Misremember one thing and they have something to use in court that can convict you. You can only incriminate yourself. Keep quiet and let them prove it or not.

Unread 16-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I’ve seen advice where you probably shouldn’t comment to police questioning even if innocent. Misremember one thing and they have something to use in court that can convict you. You can only incriminate yourself. Keep quiet and let them prove it or not.
I know in the US you can ‘take the 5th’ but isn’t doing that here (refusing to answer on the grounds you might incriminate yourself) actually seen as an indicator of guilt?

Unread 16-01-2019, 12:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I know in the US you can ‘take the 5th’ but isn’t doing that here (refusing to answer on the grounds you might incriminate yourself) actually seen as an indicator of guilt?
Can be yes. It's almost always better to provide a defence if you have one.

Unread 16-01-2019, 04:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Can be yes. It's almost always better to provide a defence if you have one.
I still miss the old "right to silence" tbh.

Unread 16-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So do we

Unread 16-01-2019, 06:25 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
My understanding is that often defence lawyers will advise it as it allows them to build their case before trial without having any potential conflicting answers given in initial interviews.

Unread 16-01-2019, 06:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 16-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
so sinister.

Unread 16-01-2019, 08:05 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
There's ways round it.
Closed Thread