United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2018, 03:52 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
And don't get me started on hair loss...

Unread 05-07-2018, 03:55 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Think theres a bit more to it then that Buck, the whole thing becomes a rallying cry for the worst and most objectionable forms of nationalism. I'm not sure what other countries gravitate toward when supporting their NT's, but ingurland seem to end up at lcd rule britannia, god save, the empire, 2 WWs and 1 WC, which is all an absolute turn off for a lot of folk.
I will agree with you there. Though we are seeing phony nationalism escalating through current events even when public reaction to England's football team is low. I think the younger generation generally are largely apathetic towards England. They are brought up on club > country. They have a wider worldview.

The correlation with the nationalists with national team is typically those folks treat the results of England's team as an extension of themselves and their worldview. Pretty sad and funny to laugh at but it's hardly a recent development.

Unread 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM
windy waffles

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Wouldn't touch steds if you paid me. They shrink your balls and mine are already small enough pal.

And don't get me started on hair loss...

Unread 05-07-2018, 04:01 PM
suedeshoes

Which one is Koppas? Windy or Whip?

Unread 05-07-2018, 04:03 PM
AK14

Unread 05-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

Cheeky bastard.....

Unread 05-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 05-07-2018, 04:30 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Harsh on windy.

Unread 05-07-2018, 05:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Interestingly England are the ONLY team at the WC who's squad all play in that same country and it's been pretty much the case forever
Used to be true - or nearly so - of the Italian side as well.

Unread 05-07-2018, 05:06 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
£#%&! off you @#%&!. I don’t promote my anti-England stance anymore than anyone, yet I’m treated like a leper for not drinking the Kool-Aid.

Freedom of choice is still a thing, isn’t it? £#%&! England, £#%&! the painfully unfunny “it’s coming home” @#%&!s, and £#%&! anyone that thinks I’m committing a crime by not joining in the Pied Piper jamboree.

Would honestly be one of the great moments in my football supporting life if Croatia knock the @#%&!s out in the semis. I want to to taste those salty tears. Hopefully this temporary pain at the moment is just a precursor to the sweet, sweet feeling of elimination.
how utterly ridiculous.

imagine actually not wanting your country to win if they were in the world cup final

Unread 05-07-2018, 05:38 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 05-07-2018, 05:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
how utterly ridiculous.

imagine actually not wanting your country to win if they were in the world cup final
Define ‘your country

Unread 05-07-2018, 06:51 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Windy.

The hunk of the forum.

Unread 05-07-2018, 06:59 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Define ‘your country
I'm now convinced this thread is just one massive WUM.

Unread 05-07-2018, 07:08 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
how utterly ridiculous.

Southerner in blind patriotism shocker

Unread 05-07-2018, 07:16 PM
YCSYFEUYA

Talkshit tonight: Durham and Saggers discussing how England will beat Croatia in the semis......

Haven’t they got Sweden to play first? £#%&!ing bad mongs

Unread 05-07-2018, 07:21 PM
Thrush 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Define ‘your country
Well it certainly isn’t the one anyone’s Great Grandparents came from, as some would like to think.

By the way, I never got chance to thank you Bunker Buster for your support after my outrageous, and unjust banning. So thank you.

Unread 05-07-2018, 07:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCSYFEUYA
Talkshit tonight: Durham and Saggers discussing how England will beat Croatia in the semis......

Haven’t they got Sweden to play first? £#%&!ing bad mongs
Moronic tempting fate @#%&!S

Unread 05-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Windy.

The chunk of the forum.

Unread 05-07-2018, 07:36 PM
windy waffles

Quote: