United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Whiteside onside

Carrick get an easy ride on here too, he just sits there like a nodding dog. What qualifications has he to be a Manchester United forst team coach?

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:18 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Carrick get an easy ride on here too, he just sits there like a nodding dog. What qualifications has he to be a Manchester United forst team coach?
Barely the straw that breaks the camels back.. we’ve got a banker making our signings and the former manager of Molde managing the team.

Would love to see Fred the reds credentials though.

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:20 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
None. He's qualified to be first team coach though.

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
None. He's qualified to be first team coach though.
He's a novice! don't you think we should have experienced staff on the bench and not rookies?

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Switching Off

After that good run last season, I actually thought we could win the title

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:53 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
He's a novice! don't you think we should have experienced staff on the bench and not rookies?
dont think you've read my post proper or the post of yours i quoted.

come back to me when you have

Unread 04-10-2019, 06:17 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantonafan
It says a lot about the clubs history that we believe Ole with the team that he has can achieve great things this year. It's as if we can just utter those magical words..."glory glory Man Utd" and everything will fall into place. That seemed to have happened with Fergie's youth team when they broke through but it's good to remember Fergie was under increasing pressure during his early spell and was facing the sack himself then at the last minute it seemed Man Utd won the FA cup and his job was safe. It was fitting that Fergie's team would go on to win many trophies and some in the last minutes. That first cup and the others that followed which were even more impressive created some of the most exhilarating times. For many years before the success, Bryan Robson was the Man Utd Talisman that waved the flag and would give everything to try and force wins through sheer determination and skill. It was even more special that he would be able to end his career on a high and pass on aura of greatness to the youth who followed in his footsteps.

As a fan I feel the biggest fault at present I can see is the lack of belief. I see players looking despairingly at each other (especially the youth) when the fact is if they enjoy the games we should see them smiling and determined. The way we play is indicative of that fear and lack of belief. Daniel James and Rashford are the few that will move forward and attack. Rashford is under a lot of pressure at the moment and I don't like to see the very disturbing chatter about him. It's unfair he has ran himself into the ground, played games when he clearly was injured and in one game three players went off and he was forced to limp on. He makes good runs but he rarely gets the through balls. Lukaku had the same problem but guess what? since he left he's scoring for fun again. The huge problem is the shape of the team. Players waiting for the ball to be passed instead running to it and running to support other players. They are often too isolated. At last we are starting to use the channels and width of the pitch but yesterday it was telling in the Europa game that Brandon Williams made himself available to run down to the corner but didn't get the ball instead it was lost in the packed area in front of goal. Diogo Dalo is a good crosser of the ball and wasn't used enough. When we did get the crosses there just wasn't enough people running into the box to benefit.

This brings me to tactics and style of play. We actually have very talented players but they are not being used to attack instead they are just being used as paper weights. Seeing Man Utd players give so much space to teams is worrying. The fact is Liverpool, Man Utd and Man city when winning the Premiership rarely conceded space they played hard and fast. We are playing at such a slow pace at times when we should be charging into the other team. I can't help but think back to last year under Mourinho when we were losing 2-0 to Newcastle at half time. We had played awful up to that time and then the tactics were changed in the second half. All of a sudden players were pushing high and going on the attack and there was a wonderful moment where the cameraman filmed a line of Man Utd players charging up the field towards the Newcastle goal. We ended up winning that game and afterwards some people were saying how it reminded them of better years past. I felt quite euphoric after the game I can only imagine what it was like to actually be there. My point here is sometime the best form of defence is attack. Our players have pace and ability so why not use it. We might let more goals in but we should be scoring more. Also players like Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelhof and even Phil Jones (who is an excellent attacking defender) scare players when they make charges forward they are like arrows that shoot quite far and teams seem to back off them. Pogba, James when they push forward cause problems and Rashford too. Man Utd should intimidate other teams because the legacy that people talk about is all about having a winning mentality. Not worrying when you look a fool because you lost the ball but continuing to attack and play as if you're already 2-0 down.

I hope Ole will realise attack is the best option, the universe speaks to us in strange ways and its funny how an attacker is managing the club. Maybe he should focus on pushing high and getting the crosses in to players that are rampaging with glee in to the box laughing their merry heads off in anticipation of getting a goal. I just want to see the fun back. At the moment it is hard to watch them play at times. I do believe in Ole and the players though I just think time is needed and that there is nothing rotten at the club, the only rotten thing is the bad press they get and lack of support. When things go wrong it's sad that players get highlighted and accused of being poor quality and the abuse they get is awful. It's very telling that Lukaku and Sanchez have been putting in the goals again. They never lost their ability and they would have been really useful right now but fans made it clear they didn't want them at the club. It was never them at fault but the lack of support they had in games and off the pitch. It's too easy to knock someone and we all have our own opinions but as a ManUtd supporter I hope my opinions will always be constructive not destructive. So even if I find this team at the bottom of the table next year or worse I will still sing Ole Ole Ole because apart from having a nice ring to it and being a prelude to a polka dance playing about in my head I believe lessons will be learnt this year and with great players like Carrick and Phelan helping something great will eventually happen. Liverpool might be loving our current problems but how sweeter is success when you're the underdog.

good god

Unread 04-10-2019, 06:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
After that good run last season, I actually thought we could win the title
Rarely has the phrase "flattered to deceive" been more apposite

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Stickman

There is a train of thought he’s going backwards to make steps forward. I can see the logic but don’t buy that with these owners, the Squads currently so thin you just can’t see them letting anyone have the funds to boost the numbers with the right quality.

Good managers coach players to be better. Not prodding the forum here but look at Rodgers, hes made Leicester a better team. Similar number of acquisitions but he has a framework, a form of structure to their play that you can see that they obviously all know what they’re doing during the week.

I say £#%&! this train of thought re giving him say 2 transfer windows. That’s just buying time. If you can’t see how he wants his players to play then it doesn’t matter who he signs. He’s not coaching.

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
There is a train of thought he’s going backwards to make steps forward. I can see the logic but don’t buy that with these owners, the Squads currently so thin you just can’t see them letting anyone have the funds to boost the numbers with the right quality.

Good managers coach players to be better. Not prodding the forum here but look at Rodgers, hes made Leicester a better team. Similar number of acquisitions but he has a framework, a form of structure to their play that you can see that they obviously all know what they’re doing during the week.

I say £#%&! this train of thought re giving him say 2 transfer windows. That’s just buying time. If you can’t see how he wants his players to play then it doesn’t matter who he signs. He’s not coaching.

Rogers also has 4 or 5 players who would walk into our team. £#%&!ing Leicester ffs.

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:30 PM
TreeFiddy

“They are like arrows that shoot quite far.”

£#%&! me, never knew Garth Crooks had a login.

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Rogers also has 4 or 5 players who would walk into our team. £#%&!ing Leicester ffs.
He could immediately use 4 or 5 of ours too. Just for tit for tat that.

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Vetch

Lose to Newcastle and he's £#%&!ed.

Unread 04-10-2019, 11:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
Lose to Newcastle and he's £#%&!ed.
Tbh I think Norwich will be the coup de grace, we’ll go interim again until some possibilities come up in summer and around we go

Unread 05-10-2019, 07:09 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

The lack of signings in midfield is a huge red flag..

Either he was stupid enough to think we don't need players, or didn't have a big enough personality to demand them.

Unread 05-10-2019, 07:29 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Can’t remember who it was but I was mocked for saying Leicester will finish abov us.

Nailed on.

Unread 05-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The lack of signings in midfield is a huge red flag..

Either he was stupid enough to think we don't need players, or didn't have a big enough personality to demand them.
What like Mourinho?! He’s the biggest personality in the game and he couldn’t sign the players he wanted. At least Ole has. Or started to.

People blaming ole ffs the club/the owners know that the manager will take all the flack as they eke our more and more money.

People underestimate Solskjaer; yhihf

Unread 05-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
What like Mourinho?! He’s the biggest personality in the game and he couldn’t sign the players he wanted. At least Ole has. Or started to.

People blaming ole ffs the club/the owners know that the manager will take all the flack as they eke our more and more money.

The difference is Mourinho had already signed 10 players, including 2 centrebacks and seemed to be pursuing mostly ageing targets.

Unread 05-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Mourinho kept us reasonably competitive. We’re going backwards under Ole.

Unread 05-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Mourinho kept us reasonably competitive. We’re going backwards under Ole.
Which would be easily forgivable if we looked like a team that had some semblance of a playing style. It just looks so hit and hope from one game to the next. A draw with Newcastle will probably be seen as a fairly positive result despite the fact they’ve just been walloped by Lester Piggot.
Closed Thread