United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:03 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
The story about Pep is true by all accounts. Was definitely first choice.
I just hope he had choosen Bayern before ferguson decided to jump out the car door as he veered it off the pier.

I expect pep will be next. Anything else is a potential shock.

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:04 AM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Twitter?
Papers. That meeting in NYC before Fergie retired. I believe it.

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:06 AM
My Name is Keith

Shame that Fergie feels he has to go down this book lark. Was hoping he would retire in a dignified and graceful way because there's no way he's financially destitute ffs.

Or does he have to 'tell his own story' to right the wrongs out there.

Either way, it's a shit way to go out and demeaning of his reputation and standing.

For shame.

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:12 AM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Shame that Fergie feels he has to go down this book lark. Was hoping he would retire in a dignified and graceful way because there's no way he's financially destitute ffs.

Either way, it's a shit way to go out and demeaning of his reputation and standing.

For shame.
Thought he was retiring to spend more time with his wife.

Appears he has done nothing but sit in his office in his dressing gown, probably with no underwear on, writing book after book.

Feel for Cathy tbh.

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:14 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder

Feel for Cathy tbh.
Surprised you haven't gone round to offer some help around the house and garden. Bush need pruning love?

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:

For shame.
Agreed. He's been bringing out gossipy books for years though tbf.

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Cream

Quote:
There is no point suddenly changing routines that players are comfortable with. It is counterproductive, saps morale and immediately provokes players to question the new man’s motives. A leader who arrives in a new setting, or inherits a big role, needs to curb the impulse to display his manhood
Louis Van Gaal literally does this.

See how the players despise him.

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:51 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He should just rename his books;
No wait, I remember now (part 1, 2 etc)

Unread 22-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

For shame.
Some aspects of his behaviour and some of the things he did were a bit disappointing but this is just stupid and unnecessary. Can't expect every aspect of his time here to be perfect in such a high profile, highly charged position but he's had time to sit back and should've really just stfu and let go altogether. Only goes half way to telling the tale anyway. How much more money does he need? Love the guy for what he did for us but sometimes........

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:05 AM
andyroo

Wish he'd just shut up and leave us with the memories ffs.

Of course Big Pep was first choice. Pretty sure Mourinho had already taken the Chelsea job hadn't he? And Eyebrow Man had already taken Real Madrid. Nobody wanted Moyes. Least of all Moyes but he was too gutless to say no.

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:09 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I know - it's just that every time he does another book, another part of me gets re-disappointed.

How many has he done out of interest? - there was one post 99 which I actually bought and then there was that one post retirement in which the extracts looked liked they'd been ghost written by pure. Are there others?

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:12 AM
andyroo

There's one about his time at Aberdeen - which he actually wrote himself first hand - which is meant to be pretty good though I've not read it.

I read the 99 one (pretty decent actually) and the recentish one off here (shite).

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Blagger

Thumbs up

Anyone publicly sticking the boot into that #@&%! Moyes is a top red in my eyes.

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:14 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Of course Big Pep was first choice. Pretty sure Mourinho had already taken the Chelsea job hadn't he?
José Mourinho 'cried' after being overlooked for Manchester United job

As if Manchester United had no choice but to hire Moyes ffs. He's talking balls.

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:14 AM
itisme_panaflex

i think paul hayward did this new one and the post -retirement one.

he's often sticking the boot into lvg and talking up the co92 iirc.

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Was hoping he would retire in a dignified and graceful way
based on what?

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Zorg

Quote:
I know - it's just that every time he does another book, another part of me gets re-disappointed.

How many has he done out of interest? - there was one post 99 which I actually bought and then there was that one post retirement in which the extracts looked liked they'd been ghost written by pure. Are there others?
I think so. There was Managing My Life, The Boss, M Is For Manager, Football: Bloody Hell... probably a few more.

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:20 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
i think paul hayward did this new one and the post -retirement one.
Yea. Woeful writer even by the standards of his profession. No idea how he blags a living at The Telegraph. Full of incorrect dates/times for games etc iirc. Terrible.

'Managing My Life' was great, a lot more honest imo. Ghost written by Hugh McIlvanney.

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:23 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
José Mourinho 'cried' after being overlooked for Manchester United job

As if Manchester United had no choice but to hire Moyes ffs. He's talking balls.
Not sure how much credence to give that Diego Torres book tbh, the bloke always had it in for Mourinho (quite rightly too)... but what I don't get is this perverse circular logic that Mourinho and Moyes were literally the only two managers in the £#%&!ing world. There is no excuse. None.

Unread 22-09-2015, 10:31 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Not sure how much credence to give that Diego Torres book tbh, the bloke always had it in for Mourinho (quite rightly too)...
There was plenty of talk the year before that Moyes had turned down a new contract at Everton because he'd already been tapped to take over from Fergie.

Mourinho was practically auditioning for the United job during the Champions League encounter with Real Madrid in the Dear Leader's final season. The claim that he wasn't 'available' is bullshit.

No one but Fergie & his cronies wanted Moyes at United.
Closed Thread