United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2015, 03:23 PM
dunk

I'm just not worrying about it tbh. Whatever will be, will be. He'll be replaced and United will carry on regardless if he leaves

Unread 25-04-2015, 03:41 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Like when you said you hated him and wanted him gone - earlier this season?
I still don't like him.....doesn't mean he hasn't continued to improve and is starting to look a bit closer to the goalkeeper you lot thought he already was 2/3/4 seasons ago....except 2/3/4 years ago he wasn't the keeper we should have had as our number 1...he should have been learning.his trade elsewhere and we should have been trying to sign him NOW

There is a difference between spotting potential and monitoring progress with a view to signing it ......and signing it raw and letting him make his mistakes here and then allowing some other club to reap the benefit...which is exactly what is going to happen....as I said right at the beginning.

Especially important in a position like keeper....you of all people should know that....might be different in girls football

Unread 25-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
I still don't like him.....doesn't mean he hasn't continued to improve and is starting to look a bit closer to the goalkeeper you lot thought he already was 2/3/4 seasons ago....except 2/3/4 years ago he wasn't the keeper we should have had as our number 1...he should have been learning.his trade elsewhere and we should have been trying to sign him NOW

There is a difference between spotting potential and monitoring progress with a view to signing it ......and signing it raw and letting him make his mistakes here and then allowing some other club to reap the benefit...which is exactly what is going to happen....as I said right at the beginning.

Especially important in a position like keeper....you of all people should know that....might be different in girls football
We're going back into the Champions League largely thanks to him. Whichever other keeper we realistically could have had this season, we'd have been in 9th place at Christmas. He's been among the 2-3 best keepers in the league for 3 seasons. If he leaves now, his time will be remembered as a success. Manchester United should always have the best players they can get.

Still with the girls' football digs. I turned down Man City's Academy, could have any number of positions in pro football if I wanted to work 10 hour days for 12 months...trust me, this is a better job.

Unread 25-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He should renew but go next year. That way real would have to match is new currant wage.
No wonder he wants to £#%&! off if that's how we're paying him.

Unread 25-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Neo

I will be very surprised if he's still here next season. I always thought his missus was based in Barcelona, but apparently she's moved to Madrid, and lives there permanently.

Seems like a no-brainer, tbh. Gets to move back home, live with his missus, and become Real Madrid's and Spain's number 1.

Will be interesting to see if securing Champion's League football can persuade him to stay, but I suspect that snake Mendes has already got a move lined up.

Unread 25-04-2015, 05:31 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
he wants it raisin or he's off

Unread 25-04-2015, 05:39 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger

Unread 25-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Crumps

Dennis always end up looking a @#%&! regarding DDG doesnt he?

Taking shots at the Grimster's goalkeeping knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I will be very surprised if he's still here next season. I always thought his missus was based in Barcelona, but apparently she's moved to Madrid, and lives there permanently.

Seems like a no-brainer, tbh. Gets to move back home, live with his missus, and become Real Madrid's and Spain's number 1.

Will be interesting to see if securing Champion's League football can persuade him to stay, but I suspect that snake Mendes has already got a move lined up.
Aye.

Move back home being near his family and friends. If Casillas is out of the picture he'll be Madrid and Spain's number undisputed number one.

I'd love for him to stay but from his point of view this move move is or will be a no brainer when it happens.

Unread 26-04-2015, 02:07 AM
Doctor Hver

I would have no problem with him leaving. If that happens we should make the move for that Fella at Mata former club that playes with bucked on his head every game

Unread 26-04-2015, 04:18 AM
Stickman

Whilst I agree lawless has been largely OTT on de Gea I can see his point re how it could easily pan out for us which is also a concern I had. You can bet your life we won't be going after an up and coming keeper if he does move on.

And £#%&! Petr Cech ffs.

Unread 26-04-2015, 04:55 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Whilst I agree lawless has been largely OTT on de Gea I can see his point re how it could easily pan out for us which is also a concern I had. You can bet your life we won't be going after an up and coming keeper if he does move on.

And £#%&! Petr Cech ffs.

This 1000 times over!

It's Manchester United for £#%&! sake.....This bollix about "oh we sign potential, make them world class, then sell them on" is a load of shite!

Not that my opinion matters tbf, but I'm not liking it....RVN, Real came sniffing around him at first in 2003 and we done well to hang to him until 2006.....We all know about Ronaldo....And now De Gea....

That's 3 genuine world class players we're losing to Madrid, after us bringing them on and developing them as players.....It's not a very good look really.

Again, like last night, I'm hammered. Done a gig. So I probably won't remember this tomorrow

Also, Cech can do one

Unread 26-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Denis Irwell

Ruud was pushed more than him jumping tbf

Unread 26-04-2015, 05:29 AM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
This 1000 times over!

It's Manchester United for £#%&! sake.....This bollix about "oh we sign potential, make them world class, then sell them on" is a load of shite!

Not that my opinion matters tbf, but I'm not liking it....RVN, Real came sniffing around him at first in 2003 and we done well to hang to him until 2006.....We all know about Ronaldo....And now De Gea....

That's 3 genuine world class players we're losing to Madrid, after us bringing them on and developing them as players.....It's not a very good look really.

Again, like last night, I'm hammered. Done a gig. So I probably won't remember this tomorrow

Also, Cech can do one
Should have got rid lot sooner, but RVN was ready made player when we signed him our free flowing attack became stack and slow almost the entry time he was here, if anything we should have got rid lot of sooner. I recall being not that happy when it was annonced we signed him in 2001.

Unread 26-04-2015, 05:32 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
Should have got rid lot sooner, but RVN was ready made player when we signed him our free flowing attack became stack and slow almost the entry time he was here, if anything we should have got rid lot of sooner. I recall being not that happy when it was annonced we signed him in 2001.

You say that but, we hung around for him and waited for him when he got injured....First time Real battered the eyelids, he went running...Granted, he has said he regrets it now but, my point still stands.

Either way, I need sleep

Unread 26-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Grimson

Quote:

And £#%&! Petr Cech ffs.
How it's going to pan out if he leaves is we'll have had a great goalkeeper for three seasons (out of four), the last of which he was as responsible as anyone for getting us back in the Champions League. Then we sold him at a profit.

Courtois, Neuer, Cech, Lloris, and Casillas all played Champions League football at or before age 22. So don't be at all surprised if we go for another young goalkeeper, because the idea of the "steady veteran" is a dinosaur mindset (the only thing you can truly take to the bank is that our next goalkeeper won't be British). "Steady veterans" don't win you points. Asmir Begovic is a steady veteran. I pray the people making decisions don't make a cowardly one like that. Manchester United is a place for special talents.

Unread 26-04-2015, 06:39 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
How it's going to pan out if he leaves is we'll have had a great goalkeeper for three seasons (out of four), the last of which he was as responsible as anyone for getting us back in the Champions League. Then we sold him at a profit.

Courtois, Neuer, Cech, Lloris, and Casillas all played Champions League football at or before age 22. So don't be at all surprised if we go for another young goalkeeper, because the idea of the "steady veteran" is a dinosaur mindset (the only thing you can truly take to the bank is that our next goalkeeper won't be British). "Steady veterans" don't win you points. Asmir Begovic is a steady veteran. I pray the people making decisions don't make a cowardly one like that. Manchester United is a place for special talents.
British Goalkeepers

They still call him "young Ben Foster" for £#%&! sake

Unread 26-04-2015, 06:59 AM
utd99

If we'd waited until he was the finished article we either wouldn't have gotten him or we would be the ones paying 50m quid. In the meantime, apart from a shaky first half of the first season he has been both learning his trade here and saving us points in the process.

He will re-up.

Unread 26-04-2015, 07:28 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
You say that but, we hung around for him and waited for him when he got injured....First time Real battered the eyelids, he went running...Granted, he has said he regrets it now but, my point still stands.

Either way, I need sleep
Van Nistelrooy is a bad example, he was shoved out the door to the highest bidder, which happened to be Real Madrid.

Unread 26-04-2015, 07:45 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Van Nistelrooy is a bad example, he was shoved out the door to the highest bidder, which happened to be Real Madrid.
Great point by the lad, tbf. We shouldn't be buying potential because we just end up as Real's feeder club. Look at the evidence: 2 lads we wanted rid of, a Portuguese and a keeper who's still on our books. Look at the way they wrenched Hernandez from us, too. From now on, only buy 30+year-olds with PMLE.

Denis btw... what a mess

Unread 26-04-2015, 12:50 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
:shakehead::shakehead:
Closed Thread