United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2015, 09:16 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We need a top dog upfront, Rooney is gonna push into his 30s and is only gonna decline further. And I mean a top striker, none of these promising argie kiddies.

Watching Barca last night and in recent weeks with admiration. Racist thug or not, Suarez is a top striker who delivers in big games and has covered up clear deficiencies of Barca. In a similar way RvP did for us in 2012/13 and would have last season if not for Moyes.

There's just one problem. I don't see any top dogs out there. The people who keep asking why we are always linked to Cavani - there's your reason. We have no other options if we want a top striker. IMO he would be superb for us where Rooney is right now.

I'd sign Cavvers for the right price fwiw. Or we could just show faith in Radders....

Knock on Reals door for Benzy?
your big idea for our number 1 striker is Falcao ,Cavani or Benzema???:shakehead:

No.No.No.No.No

Unread 17-04-2015, 06:36 AM
Baron

Sign Felipe Anderson, convert him to a no.9.

Unread 17-04-2015, 12:39 PM
jayalexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington avenue
your big idea for our number 1 striker is Falcao ,Cavani or Benzema???:shakehead:

No.No.No.No.No
Then who? Besides Suarez who we're not gonna get, who do you suggest?

Just keep Falcao and play him more ffs.

Unread 17-04-2015, 12:40 PM
dunk

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayalexander
Then who? Besides Suarez who we're not gonna get, who do you suggest?

Just keep Falcao and play him more ffs.
You £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 17-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
This blueprint in the form of the current functioning system makes it a lot easier to make changes. To me the obvious one is still Pogba coming in to take Fellaini's place. After that, the big issue is whether to plan for Di Maria on the flanks or move him on. I'd be tempted to cash in and get Depay as an alternative to Young, with Adnan looking to challenge Mata, but Di Maria should be making a spot his own.

Be interesting to see what happens up front. Presumably the Perse leaves and Falcao doesn't stay on. How highly does LvG rate Wilson, enough to leave him as Wazza's sole deputy? If not, there may still be time for Falcao to score his way into another season on loan
fair points re the recent set-up but there's no reason to suppose the set-up will not be varied. LVG would be a fool to even consider employing someone purely as a deputy for rooney imo, firstly because rooney needs to fight for his place on a level playing field and secondly because LVG won't always go with a sole striker

Unread 17-04-2015, 04:35 PM
saffers

Quote:

No.No.No.No.No
Do you like Higuain?

Unread 17-04-2015, 05:09 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Do you like Higuain?
Can't remember when I last Higuayed.

Unread 17-04-2015, 05:12 PM
ryanMUFC

Never thought i'd say this but I think we should just £#%&! Falcao off if we can't get him on loan again. His touch always looks shit in the 5 minutes he's been getting, I wouldn't worry about him going to Liverpool or Chelsea from what he's shown. Get Cavani, lets have a crack at the champions league while bringing home the vigésimo primero.

Unread 17-04-2015, 05:17 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Do you like Higuain?
too hit and miss...

none of the strikers available convince me. We should go for a young attacker or look for some intermediate cheap options...

Jackson martinez might work very well in a 4-2-3-1 system as back up to rooney.

Unread 17-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Camel

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Can't remember when I last Higuayed.

Unread 17-04-2015, 05:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
Damn, I thought I'd gotten away with it

Unread 17-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Blagger

Fairly certain we'll need a new keeper. How long since Valdes has played?

Unread 17-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We are currently third in the table. This is unacceptable for Manchester United.

To suggest we don't need to go out and sign players is quite frankly, mental.
Agreed.

Quote:
We need a top dog upfront, Rooney is gonna push into his 30s and is only gonna decline further. And I mean a top striker, none of these promising argie kiddies.

Watching Barca last night and in recent weeks with admiration. Racist thug or not, Suarez is a top striker who delivers in big games and has covered up clear deficiencies of Barca. In a similar way RvP did for us in 2012/13 and would have last season if not for Moyes.

There's just one problem. I don't see any top dogs out there. The people who keep asking why we are always linked to Cavani - there's your reason. We have no other options if we want a top striker. IMO he would be superb for us where Rooney is right now.

I'd sign Cavvers for the right price fwiw. Or we could just show faith in Radders....

Knock on Reals door for Benzy?
You'd take the next young Aguero surely?

Unread 17-04-2015, 09:27 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Do you like Higuain?

nope...no pace

there are plenty of strikers out there to pick from without paying stupid money for someone who aint really very good...

personally id keep Hernandez and spend the cash on a quick goalscoring attacking midfielder like Firmino or Dybala

Unread 17-04-2015, 09:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
nope...no pace

there are plenty of strikers out there to pick from without paying stupid money for someone who aint really very good...

personally id keep Hernandez and spend the cash on a quick goalscoring attacking midfielder like Firmino or Dybala
wtf for

Unread 17-04-2015, 09:58 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
wtf for
to score goals you plank

Unread 17-04-2015, 10:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
to score goals you plank

Unread 17-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Jethro

@sbates_peopIe: Sunday Sport Exclusive: United already agreed 5 transfers for the summer. Clyne, Ings, Hummels, Depay, Tolisso(CM from Lyon)

@sbates_peopIe: I'm also told Bale interest put on hold. Robben possibility got real strong in the last week. Van Gaal waiting for his decision. #mufc

Unread 17-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Rhodzy

Tolisso?

Unread 17-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Tolisso?
he's a right back
Closed Thread