United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:23 AM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Is it £#%&!. One of the most stupid statements I’ve ever read from you as you normally talk sense.

The criticism aimed at pogba is down to the actions of paul pogba.

This is the @#%&! who conspired to make the situation at united worse when Ole and the team needed players, supporters and the club to rally round. In times of crisis, which it absolutely was for Ole, you need players that step up, not ones that are intent on making the situation worse. unforgivable.

No question he makes the team better and a fully committed and performing pogba is a real asset. The issue is that no one knows how long that will last, he’s clearly only motivated by how successful he can become as an individual and is, by definition, an absolute @#%&! of a man.

100%
Reading this post in the voice of adolf hitler really brings it alive.

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:26 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
It's demeaning for a club of United's stature to placate players who feel they've outgrown the club.

Besides the immediate damage to the dressing room culture, it contributes to a more general decline.

You can come back from it, see Suarez/Coutinho at Liverpool, but I don't like it. I can only think of Ronaldo as another example and that divorce was much less toxic.
It’s one thing if players are signed on the premise of the club challenging for big trophies, they outperform in a struggling team and decide they want to be at a more successful club on the continent. It’s quite another when one of the primary reasons for the club struggling is the very same players signed on galáctico wages can’t string five good performances together and pick and choose which games they play while their agent and brother have a weekly column touting them anywhere but at the club paying their wages under a manager bending over backwards to accommodate them.

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:30 AM
Jack Duckworth

i'm a united fan, not a paul pogba fanboy.

he has played like a @#%&! for the majority of his time here and has rightly been called out for it. delighted he's decided he can be arsed again, and i hope he continues to put in the effort and play well, as it makes us a better team when he does.

lets not re-write history though.

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:30 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Is it f***. One of the most stupid statements I’ve ever read from you as you normally talk sense.

This is the c*** who conspired to make the situation at united worse when Ole and the team needed players, supporters and the club to rally round. In times of crisis, which it absolutely was for Ole, you need players that step up, not ones that are intent on making the situation worse. unforgivable.

No question he makes the team better and a fully committed and performing pogba is a real asset. The issue is that no one knows how long that will last, he’s clearly only motivated by how successful he can become as an individual and is, by definition, an absolute c*** of a man.

100%
What did he actually do? Most of it is ill-timed social media posts, but not worse than Jesse Lingard and a plethora of other modern-day tactless idiots.

His agent is poison. He could distance himself from him, but again, it's not what modern day footballers do is it?

When footballers have their dad as an agent, we find it refreshing, not the norm.

And as for being individually motivated to be successful? Erm, Ronaldo?

He's no saint, but half the stuff that gets levelled at him is always vague and usually fuelled by the press.

Ole seemingly has no issue with him and has frequently underlined the importance of the right characters and no 'bad apples'. If he's the menace you suggest, he'd be out. Especially with Bruno and the team in the form they were before he came back.

I'm far from convinced his head will stay in the game and that agent will start making things uncomfortable again soon enough, but the whole idea of him being 'poison' or these 'unforgivable' actions seemed to be based on very little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It’s one thing if players are signed on the premise of the club challenging for big trophies, they outperform in a struggling team and decide they want to be at a more successful club on the continent. It’s quite another when one of the primary reasons for the club struggling is the very same players signed on galáctico wages can’t string five good performances together and pick and choose which games they play while their agent and brother have a weekly column touting them anywhere but at the club paying their wages under a manager bending over backwards to accommodate them.
This is the bigger issue for me: his capacity to actually perform consistently and in big games and moments in the season.

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

lets not re-write history though.

Seen Dr strange post above

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Seen Dr strange post above
Happy to see all the list of grievances that make him so inarguably terrible.

Like I say, no saint, but a lot of it just seems like noise from outside the club rather than inside. His performances and professionalism on the pitch are concern enough.

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:37 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Like I say, no saint, but a lot of it just seems like noise from outside the club rather than inside. His performances and professionalism on the pitch are concern enough.
@#%&! off the pitch, @#%&! on it....

Maybe loved in the dressing room but that is down to the absolute thickets that pass as footballers....

The way he has acted since his injury and desire to leave, the fact that he still hasn't reached a dozen world class performances since the world cup....

Cannot wait till he leaves, he's the real virus...

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Cream

Quote:

Yeah it's his poison though. Fatboy, his brother, doesn't matter. Grown man at the end of the day.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ole pulled him at one point and said that if his slob agent calls him or the club out in public one more time, he'll be training with the stiffs.

Also wouldn't surprise me if Ed warned Ole off any such move, because it could cost the club tens of millions in potential transfer fee revenue.

But that's all on Paul.

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
c*** off the pitch, c*** on it....

Maybe loved in the dressing room but that is down to the absolute thickets that pass as footballers....

The way he has acted since his injury and desire to leave, the fact that he still hasn't reached a dozen world class performances since the world cup....

Cannot wait till he leaves, he's the real virus...
Agree on the performances part.

The rest.....his desire to leave....the way he's acted....

What are we referring to? There just doesn't seem much there.

And if he's liked in the dressing room, it's just because everyone is thick? I suppose that includes Ole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Yeah it's his poison though. Fatboy, his brother, doesn't matter. Grown man at the end of the day.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ole pulled him at one point and said that if his slob agent calls him or the club out in public one more time, he'll be training with the stiffs.

Also wouldn't surprise me if Ed warned Ole off any such move, because it could cost the club tens of millions in potential transfer fee revenue.

But that's all on Paul.
Again though, it's all conjecture.

Maybe someone said this to him....maybe they said this back.

What do we definitely know.

We know he hasn't performed anywhere well enough on a consistent basis.
We know Ole has said he isn't going anywhere and we know his agent fuels speculation about him leaving.

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:46 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
What did he actually do? Most of it is ill-timed social media posts, but not worse than Jesse Lingard and a plethora of other modern-day tactless idiots.

His agent is poison. He could distance himself from him, but again, it's not what modern day footballers do is it?

When footballers have their dad as an agent, we find it refreshing, not the norm.

And as for being individually motivated to be successful? Erm, Ronaldo?

He's no saint, but half the stuff that gets levelled at him is always vague and usually fuelled by the press.

Ole seemingly has no issue with him and has frequently underlined the importance of the right characters and no 'bad apples'. If he's the menace you suggest, he'd be out. Especially with Bruno and the team in the form they were before he came back.

I'm far from convinced his head will stay in the game and that agent will start making things uncomfortable again soon enough, but the whole idea of him being 'poison' or these 'unforgivable' actions seemed to be based on very little.
Wtf?

It’s not conjecture. His agent has publically sought a move

Why do people keep excusing him by talking about his agent as if his agent is independent. There is no way on this earth that pogba won’t have sanctioned his agents words and actions. Not a chance. And if he didn’t, then he could have a distanced himself from them but he didn’t.

His agent continually sought a move away from united during a period that pogba didn’t play for the club. He did this on social media and through the press. Ole and his agent started having public spats over the player at a time when our manager was under the most intense pressure.
This wasn’t Roy Keane negotiating a better contract but it was similar to Ronaldo - the difference being Ronaldo wanted to leave us as European champions having been the main reason we actually won it whereas pogba was trying to simply get another pay day from a floundering playing career but strong social media game.

If pogba has done 1/4 of what Ronaldo has done for this club then I’d have no problem.

Unread 08-07-2020, 09:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
. “Everyone within the club [United] from the manager to the owner knows Paul’s wishes,”
Quote:
.Everyone knows that Paul wants to leave Manchester United, he wants to play Champions League football and win titles.

£#%&! off french Lee Trundle..

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:01 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
https://youtu.be/_cp4NdWnSbs

£#%&! off french Lee Trundle..
Head shot.

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Is it £#%&!. One of the most stupid statements I’ve ever read from you as you normally talk sense.

This is the @#%&! who conspired to make the situation at united worse when Ole and the team needed players, supporters and the club to rally round. In times of crisis, which it absolutely was for Ole, you need players that step up, not ones that are intent on making the situation worse. unforgivable.

No question he makes the team better and a fully committed and performing pogba is a real asset. The issue is that no one knows how long that will last, he’s clearly only motivated by how successful he can become as an individual and is, by definition, an absolute @#%&! of a man.

100%
He was getting pelters from the Mou brigade long before any hint of him being unsettled. They wanted him sold for perceived shit performances when it was clear he was clashing with Mou... ‘back the manager ’ same with Martial.

I wouldn’t defend his actions last summer one bit tbh, in fact, I’d see him sold and replaced with Havertz, but as that isn’t going to happen, him staying and performing is the key.

If United are competing during his peak years there won’t be a problem. Leave him to prop up the entire side while it struggles in mid table and you may see him agitate for a move.

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was getting pelters from the Mou brigade long before any hint of him being unsettled. They wanted him sold for perceived shit performances when it was clear he was clashing with Mou... ‘back the manager ’ same with Martial.

I wouldn’t defend his actions last summer one bit tbh, in fact, I’d see him sold and replaced with Havertz, but as that isn’t going to happen, him staying and performing is the key.
Hi mate, hate Mou, can't stand Pogba...

Your pigeon holes don't work...

Lad has said publicly on video he wants to move on..... indefensible teamed with the shite performances week in week out

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
Hi mate, hate Mou, can't stand Pogba...

Your pigeon holes don't work...

Lad has said publicly on video he wants to move on..... indefensible teamed with the shite performances week in week out
You don’t count. You picked your lane before he played a game.

‘Shit performances week in, week out’ Also marks you out as a clown tbh.

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
You don’t count. You picked your lane before he played a game.
#Knowledge.

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:06 AM
dunk

Quote:
#Knowledge.
#clown

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Wtf?

It’s not conjecture. His agent has publically sought a move

Why do people keep excusing him by talking about his agent as if his agent is independent. There is no way on this earth that pogba won’t have sanctioned his agents words and actions. Not a chance. And if he didn’t, then he could have a distanced himself from them but he didn’t.

His agent continually sought a move away from united during a period that pogba didn’t play for the club. He did this on social media and through the press. Ole and his agent started having public spats over the player at a time when our manager was under the most intense pressure.
This wasn’t Roy Keane negotiating a better contract but it was similar to Ronaldo - the difference being Ronaldo wanted to leave us as European champions having been the main reason we actually won it whereas pogba was trying to simply get another pay day from a floundering playing career but strong social media game.

If pogba has done 1/4 of what Ronaldo has done for this club then I’d have no problem.
You're undermining your own argument. You described his behaviour as 'inexcusable', but you would excuse it had he done what Ronaldo has done for us.

Conduct shouldn't be conditional. If it's as bad as you're making out, no amount of good games and service would make it ok.

As for his agent. I'm not defending him and I'm not saying Pogba isnt responsible for himself.... but we do seem to be wilfully ignoring what agents are, what they do and how they say it.

They hint, they talk in riddles, they put themselves first and they feedback to the player that it's for their own good. Most of these players just go with it. It doesn't make it right and Riola is notoriously one of the worst for it, but it's more commonplace than not and Pogba isn't some sort of weird exception to the dynamic.

The Ole thing with Riola wasn't good. It was unhelpful, but it's a big jump from that to NEVER PLAY FOR THE CLUB AGAIN.

'Only god knows' interviews on foreign television and talking in riddles was a hallmark of Ronaldo from 2006 to the time he left. It didn't stop him having several seasons of success and didnt mean he doesn't have affection for the club.

Saying 'he has done way more than pogba has' isnt an excuse. We either condemn the conduct or we dont.

The fans seem to take issue with this far more than players and staff.

Do you not think Ole would avoid playing him if he was as bad as he's being made out?

The people who get the most upset seem to take every interview, every tweet and every agent quote to heart and then revisit it as undeniable facts.

Frankly, I'm far more bothered about the Bunks assertion that he hasn't yet strung a handful of games together that make you think he will be the player we need.

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
#clown
Ha ha ha ha ha well it all seems to have come true...

Overated coward that will be off the minute he has to fight or his reputation drops off.

#Oracle

Edit - Billy, clown@#%&!, Dr string ...HES ON VIDEO ABOVE DEMANDING A MOVE.....

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:10 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

He was getting pelters from everyone for putting in shit performances. He’s continually put in shit performances with a variety of different managers. No question Mou made everyone worse - he did.

But don’t excuse him.

If he gets his head down, plays like he has been doing consistently and him, his brother and his agent shut the £#%&! up trying to unsettle everything all the time then fine with me.

Feels like too ambitious a change for such a monumental #@&%! to achieve but we’ll see. I’d keep him for as long as he does the right thing but £#%&! him off the moment he steps out of line. And if we have an opportunity to offload him and instead get a decent reliable alternative in then I’d take that all day long.
Closed Thread