Unread 08-08-2019, 05:37 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethers
put money on it?
£500?

Unread 08-08-2019, 05:47 AM
jem

martial and rashford could easily score 20 goals each if we had a midfield and a plan of attack.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:13 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Not the point though is it? I agree he is shit but we should use he money to replace him somehow..

I’d rather it went on a quality midfielder tbh
I dont disagree he needs to replacing, but the thread title is a bit over the top. Like we're seriously losing something.

We arent.

A bit part of this rebuild is ridding ourselves of the wrong kind of player.

Lukaku isn't the type to play second fiddle. He either starts regularly or leaves. I'd rather we were light up front than have him as first choice.

This rebuild is going to take time. Especially if the club is constantly trying to balance the books and spend between £50 and £100m net each summer.

Looks like it's the defences turn this summer.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
£500?

I think Rashford could hit 20, but its certainly not even close to a guarantee as it would be with the likes of Kane, Salah, etc. Martial I am even less confident about. Not a natural goal scorer.

What would be good though is if both are given the opportunity so we can end the "played out wide" defence of Martial in particular. Although good to see the "no delivery from midfield" argument already being warmed up in time for end of this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I dont disagree he needs to replacing, but the thread title is a bit over the top. Like we're seriously losing something.

We arent.

A bit part of this rebuild is ridding ourselves of the wrong kind of player.
Agree. We saw immediately that he didn't fit. Seeing similar now with Smalling.

Still, we finish sixth and sell our top scorer without a replacement. That's not great.

Unless Greenwood

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:33 AM
AK14

Exclamation

Quote:
£500?

Be interesting to see it Ethers takes you up on that...

I wouldn’t have that much confidence in rashy and Tony to get to 20 each tbh.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Clownbones

I'd say it's more likely that neither will than both will.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:45 AM
Stickman

Glazers will be having a right cackle at the net spend. And Ed no doubt gets his bonus.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:49 AM
Ethers

Quote:
£500?
That Rashford and Martial will barely get 20 between them? Go on then. What counts as barely, 21, 22?

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:52 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That Rashford and Martial will barely get 20 between them? Go on then. What counts as barely, 21, 22?
Nice backtracking pal

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:55 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Nice backtracking pal
That’s what he said, and I replied with put money on it because it’s %@#$&!s.

Clearly not going to do £500 on 20 goals each, but will happily do £50 on that and £50 on ‘barely 20’ if Vedder wants to stand by his word.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:59 AM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That’s what he said, and I replied with put money on it because it’s %@#$&!s.

Clearly not going to do £500 on 20 goals each, but will happily do £50 on that and £50 on ‘barely 20’ if Vedder wants to stand by his word.
Sure thing chief...

I believe you.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:59 AM
S/Side.Red

Genuine faith in Rashford and Martial is three years overdue. If it’s a deliberate decision made by Ole then I respect what he’s doing. Can always look for a striker in January if needed. Plus we still have Sanchez on the books so we should try and get something from him.

Sign a midfielder though seriously.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:03 AM
windy waffles

Still in talks for Mandzukic according to Sky Italia.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Genuine faith in Rashford and Martial is three years overdue. If it’s a deliberate decision made by Ole then I respect what he’s doing. Can always look for a striker in January if needed. Plus we still have Sanchez on the books so we should try and get something from him.

I'm not as concerned with the front line as I am with midfield. Not replacing Herrera in an already light midfield is absolutely unbelievable, regardless of the fact The Scottish Player has looked impressive pre season. What are they thinking.

That said, if Tony or Rashers don't step up, we're £#%&!ed. Talking outside top 6 £#%&!ed.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Clownbones

Quote:

This.

Most have been calling out for Rashford as first choice down the middle.

Well, here it is. Lukaku isn't a back up.

Midfield is the most pressing issue and was at the start of the summer.

We're back in for Mandzukic according to Sky Italy.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:10 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I'm not as concerned with the front line as I am with midfield. Not replacing Herrera in an already light midfield is absolutely unbelievable, regardless of the fact The Scottish Player has looked impressive pre season. What are they thinking.

That said, if Tony or Rashers don't step up, we're £#%&!ed. Talking outside top 6 £#%&!ed.
Agreed. It was the weakest part of our team last season. The defence was left horribly exposed and creatively the burden was all on Pogba. Herrera shouldn’t be a loss but he is. Without a quality midfielder I agree top four feels a big ask, especially if Arsenal improve.

On the bright side if that attack does click you’ve got huge young talent there. I’m hoping that even with deficiencies the youthful front line will give us some cause for optimism longer term.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:16 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Agreed. It was the weakest part of our team last season. The defence was left horribly exposed and creatively the burden was all on Pogba. Herrera shouldn’t be a loss but he is. Without a quality midfielder I agree top four feels a big ask, especially if Arsenal improve.

On the bright side if that attack does click you’ve got huge young talent there. I’m hoping that even with deficiencies the youthful front line will give us some cause for optimism longer term.
This again.

Back four looks good on paper. Forward line has the potential to fast and fearless (sorry).

That thing behind it connecting it all together is the worst we've had in years.

Huge pressure on The Scottish Player and for Fred to improve.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
This again.

Back four looks good on paper. Forward line has the potential to fast and fearless (sorry).

That thing behind it connecting it all together is the worst we've had in years.

Huge pressure on The Scottish Player and for Fred to improve.
Imagine the boost getting Fernandes today would give us

Or perhaps don’t in fairness.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:34 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
This.

Most have been calling out for Rashford as first choice down the middle.

Well, here it is. Lukaku isn't a back up.

Midfield is the most pressing issue and was at the start of the summer.

We're back in for Mandzukic according to Sky Italy.
Martial is starting down middle with Rashford wide left as it has been most of pre-season
They'll interchange but that's how I see it at least initially

Don't need to replace Lukaku as we have plenty of forward talent who can play down the middle however we needed a wide right forward and we certainly needed a central midfielder so Matic never ever plays

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:47 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Imagine the boost getting Fernandes today would give us

Or perhaps don’t in fairness.
That's been a strange one. Some reports saying he's coming. Others saying we've never been interested.

I can only see a couple of cheap or loan options coming in.
Closed Thread