United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 02-07-2020, 09:58 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post

The Chi is also back for S3. A good under the radar show. Good start except one of the main characters has been written out. Thought I was going crazy because I couldnít remember how he died. Turns out heís been booted off the show for sexual misconduct
Not dived in to S3 yet but I quite like The Chi

Hanna - new S2 and all episodes out on Amazon tomorrow.

First covered much the same ground as the 2011 film so should be interesting to see where they take it with this new series

S1 trailer for those that have never seen it . It's like a teenage Bourne kind of thing but better than most of the reactivated sleeper assassin type shows around

Unread 03-07-2020, 08:34 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey View Post
Finished it last night. S3 Ep 7 has the dates of where they are which helped me after Ep 6 which was a complete head f***. Thought they ended it very well unlike most shows nowadays. Almost certainly another season coming too.
Some poor planning meant I had to stay up past my bedtime to finish it last night (no way I'm leaving just the last episode to watch)

Very good, good way to end it, and to my mind that is an end that can't be picked up on without it being ridiculously repetitive.

Imagine how good Lost could have been if they'd stuck to 3 series.

Unread 03-07-2020, 09:26 AM
shenwen

Dark - was a nice ending.

But still I don't understand Adamís motivation throughout. Why did he want the apocalypse to happen? It was the only sore part for me: what was it all for?

Unread 03-07-2020, 09:34 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Dark - was a nice ending.

But still I don't understand Adamís motivation throughout. Why did he want the apocalypse to happen? It was the only sore part for me: what was it all for?
***spoiler***
Because he thought that paradise would only be found in an absence of existence. Hannah's description of her dream during the meal at the end encapsulated his thought. I think

Unread 03-07-2020, 10:01 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
***spoiler***
Because he thought that paradise would only be found in an absence of existence. Hannah's description of her dream during the meal at the end encapsulated his thought. I think
***spoiler***
To add: he had the right idea, just the wrong target. Hence why he tried to remove himself first (creating the world with Martha acting as an alt-Jonas), before moving onto his and Marthaís son. Remember, his son is also Tronteís father, so everyone basically comes from him. He was conceived and born after the apocalypse, so Adam had to ensure it happened to get the opportunity to take him out. His reasoning was bang on; two timelines needed to converge in one to take them both out and ďundo the knotĒ, but he didnít realise they werenít actually the main reason for everything being so mental.

Unread 04-07-2020, 08:04 AM
Drexl

Thumbs up

Forged In Fire (on History channel I think).

I've always had a mild curiosity towards blacksmithing, and started watching this. 4 bladesmiths are tasked with making a specific weapon out of scrap metal - rebar, or ballbearings, or whateves. The judges then test the weapons for strength and sharpness. The worst is booted.

The final 2 then compete to make a specific iconic weapon from history: anything from a samurai katana, to a cutlass, to a rambo knife. These are tested, usually by hacking at a pig carcass. Winner gets 10k

20% blacksmithing knowledge
20% history lesson
60% dramatic face-off

Get on it, it is ace Strange programme in that the judges and competitors are actually NICE to each other, and this weapon-building knowledge can only be a good thing in these uncertain times

Unread 04-07-2020, 08:25 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post

I've always had a mild curiosity towards blacksmithing, and started watching this. 4 bladesmiths are tasked with making a specific weapon out of scrap metal - rebar, or ballbearings, or whateves. The judges then test the weapons for strength and sharpness. The worst is booted.

The final 2 then compete to make a specific iconic weapon from history: anything from a samurai katana, to a cutlass, to a rambo knife. These are tested, usually by hacking at a pig carcass. Winner gets 10k

20% history lesson
60% dramatic face-off

Get on it, it is ace Strange programme in that the judges and competitors are actually NICE to each other, and this weapon-building knowledge can only be a good thing in these uncertain times
wow! Drexl is back

looks good that

Unread 04-07-2020, 09:11 AM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post

20% history lesson
60% dramatic face-off

Actually stumbled across this yesterday, they had to make a musketeerís rapier. Quite enjoyed it. Will watch again.

Unread 07-07-2020, 09:36 AM
Jethro

The Kemps mockumentary on Iplayer is brilliant. Rhys Thomas is one of the funniest people around.

Unread 07-07-2020, 10:00 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
The Kemps mockumentary on Iplayer is brilliant. Rhys Thomas is one of the funniest people around.
Had itís moments......like when they visited their childhood home