United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 01-07-2020, 05:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Substandard cutlery - made a cuppa yesterday morning & when straining out the bag the f***ing teaspoon had what can only be described as a catastrophic failure & snapped causing tea to go bastard everywhere. Livid.
Bloody hell, was it plastic?

Unread 02-07-2020, 03:53 PM
est.1878

More than 30 seconds of full laptop fan noise

Would rather the forker exploded into my eyes tbh

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:14 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II View Post
If you want to quit smoking, I can't recommend Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking highly enough: https://read.amazon.co.uk/kp/embed?asin=B012YRMG76&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe& ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_bVk9Eb6NNH2XC

I may be wrong, but as far as I can remember, it is the most successful method for quitting smoking known. You don't have to do anything other than read the book. You can smoke whilst reading it - it's recommended that you keep smoking until the end. It seems to be the case that many readers actually look forward to the end of the book and quitting. That was my experience as well and it was surprisingly easy.

If I remember right, it takes 3 weeks for the physical pangs for a cigarette to disappear. It gets easier and easier after that, when your body is no longer craving nicotine.

I quit smoking about a year and a half ago using this method. Coincidentally, the day Ole got the caretaker job. Must admit that I do still find myself wanting to smoke surprisingly frequently, but it is nothing like a craving and easily forgotten. It's not a hardship at all.
My soon-to-be ex had tried repeatedly over the years to give up...and failed because she'd get an overwhelming urge to smoke anything she could get her hands on.

She's been fag free for a couple of months now after reading Carr's book and doesn't miss it at all.

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:36 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
My soon-to-be ex had tried repeatedly over the years to give up...and failed because she'd get an overwhelming urge to smoke anything she could get her hands on.

She's been fag free for a couple of months now after reading Carr's book and doesn't miss it at all.

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:52 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
No wonder he's divorcing her

Unread 07-07-2020, 09:38 AM
windy waffles

The wife leaving those paper cover things on the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

Put it in the bin ffs - it wastes valuable spreading time...

Unread 07-07-2020, 09:59 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
The wife leaving those paper cover things on the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

Put it in the bin ffs - it wastes valuable spreading time...
I canít believe itís not butter

I canít believe anyone uses it, just get butter you c***s

Unread 07-07-2020, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

Butter is more expensive though (certainly if its any good)

Unread 10-07-2020, 03:47 PM
utd99

How hard have tech companies like Microsoft made it to speak to an actual human these days? I just had to lie and say I was looking to buy a subscription in order to schedule a call. Their virtual help f***ing sucks. c***s.

Unread 10-07-2020, 03:52 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
I canít believe itís not butter

I canít believe anyone uses it, just get butter you c***s
get with the programme