United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 61 53.51%
Sack 53 46.49%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-04-2024, 08:22 AM
magic_cantona

Default Erik Ten Hag - Keep or Sack? APRIL EDITION.

A Keep vote shouldn't rely on you not having someone else in mind to come in, it's about whether EtH should carry on with everything we've seen this season.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:05 AM
larry

let me explain something to you, you little smooth brained goldfish headed £#%&!s
it is very difficult, to the point of being almost impossible, to motivate and get the best out of a group of players who have nothing to play for
remember in the seasons after 99 where we started winning the league with games to spare and then suddenly couldn't win a game? had we turned shit overnight? no. and in the same way fergie hadn't loss the dressing room, neither has 10h. it's an impossible task for any manager, regardless of context.
the players know CL has gone, last night's game was like a pre-season / exhibition game. i've never known less excitement or jeopardy for a 4-3 thriller between two big teams.
however things can fall into place very quickly. liverpool had seasons where they gave up (klopp was helpless to stop it) and came back the next season to challenge.
our squad isn't as shit as you think. our manager isn't either. next season will look very different.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:12 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
let me explain something to you, you little smooth brained goldfish headed £#%&!s
it is very difficult, to the point of being almost impossible, to motivate and get the best out of a group of players who have nothing to play for
remember in the seasons after 99 where we started winning the league with games to spare and then suddenly couldn't win a game? had we turned shit overnight? no. and in the same way fergie hadn't loss the dressing room, neither has 10h. it's an impossible task for any manager, regardless of context.
the players know CL has gone, last night's game was like a pre-season / exhibition game. i've never known less excitement or jeopardy for a 4-3 thriller between two big teams.
however things can fall into place very quickly. liverpool had seasons where they gave up (klopp was helpless to stop it) and came back the next season to challenge.
our squad isn't as shit as you think. our manager isn't either. next season will look very different.
and how did we end up in that position?

Have liverpool under Klopp ever had a season where they've lost as many as they've won? Or were on minus goal difference in April? I don't know the answers but could make a decent guess.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:14 AM
Finport Red

Still in.

Good post by Larry. I blame the morons on the pitch in injury time last night, not the manager. And before anyone throws the stats at me about the number of times we’ve conceded 2 goals quickly this season, that’s on the players too.

Rashford needs booting out. I think ETH knows that, but doesn’t want a second Sancho in the camp at this stage of the season. I hope he saw enough last night when the manchild came on to know that he needs rest, possibly until the end of the season. Our tactics can’t tolerate such a lazy @#%&! in the side.

We need to get rid of the old, infirm and useless. It’s still quite a list, but whoever else comes in won’t be able to coach speed back into casemiro’s legs, or more than 3 games in a row into shaw, Varane, etc.

We need to sign 4 or 5 young players to replace them, and the wasters like martial, and we will be ok.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:15 AM
Lok

Quote:
So last night's game is excused because there's nothing to play for? Why was there nothing to play for? Because we've been £#%&!ing awful in the vast majority of the 29 games that preceded it.

3 or 4 of the players are great and worthy of being in the starting XI. another 3 or 4 are worthy of a place in the squad. The rest need culling along with our useless manager.

You're right about next season looking very different though. We should have a competent manager in charge and a good chunk of this squad sold/released.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:20 AM
marlo

You have to ask what the people that want him to stay , what exactly is he doing showing to suggest he will get it right

Since let’s say West Ham away last season we have been shit away from home, he hasn’t made us more compact… he hasn’t made us hard to beat..
This season he assembled a squad that that no real fire power or style or player, we aren’t possession based, counter attacking or play in transititions we are just shit!

His game management is as bad as I’ve seen and every week we are breaking new records but in a negative way!

And the excuse is now that we missed Martinez …how come the other teams we face that aren’t as good as us and don’t have Martinez seem to be doing all right….
We are a squad full is international starters yet get our played by average shit every week!

But yeah he will get it right because …erm…..well £#%&! pogba and sancho…..

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:27 AM
AK14

No clue who replaces him but gone in the summer.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:49 AM
silv

Problem for me is that he seems happy with the performances just not the results...

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:51 AM
Dr Stranger

I’m still IN

The lack of alternatives, the promise of last season and the desire to see him under a proper structure is keeping me onside

But I understand why people have had enough and results and collapses like last night only strengthen their case

I see no point sacking him now. 5th is gone regardless of who we get in.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:52 AM
jem

if there is nothing to play for, the least he could do is play a sensible team and see if it works.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:00 AM
magic_cantona

In his mind, there's everything to play for because if we free fall anymore, even the shit Europa will be gone. We lose this Sunday (huge chance) and we're proper in the shit with the teams right behind. In Ten Hags kind. Surely he's desperate to finish strongly so his new bosses don't get rid?

Bullshit excuse.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:01 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
In his mind, there's everything to play for because if we free fall anymore, even the shit Europa will be gone. We lose this Sunday (huge chance) and we're proper in the shit with the teams right behind. In Ten Hags kind. Surely he's desperate to finish strongly so his new bosses don't get rid?

Bullshit excuse.
God forbid!

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Dr Stranger

We as fans can think the season’s over, they can’t. They love to tell us in interviews how “we’re man United, we need to win every game”. Spurs and Villa opened the door for us this week and they should have been after it

Plus….how about actually being professionals? Nothing to play for against Chelsea and Liverpool ? That’s not a thing

And it wasn’t some anomaly. We’ve been atrocious all season.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:05 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Surely he's desperate to finish strongly so his new bosses don't get rid?

Bullshit excuse.
he is
my point was about the players

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:07 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
he is
Ah, fair enough.

Some have downed tools - Casemiro clearly wants away and Rashford has been a disgrace for 99% of this season. They keep playing though and he's picking them. Bringing Rashford on last night was crazy considering his penchant for not wanting to chase anything.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:12 AM
MUFC One Love

He will be gone in the summer if not before and the Germany manager will be in this summer.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:16 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
He will be gone in the summer if not before and the Germany manager will be in this summer.
Horst Schitt?

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
he is
It's nonsense.

You think team that goes from 2-0 down to 3-2 up are performing like they have nothing to play for? I don't think so. If that result had stuck, we'd be hearing about how much the players are working for the manager.

It's just another excuse in what now is getting a pathetically long list of excuses. We are weak minded, tactically naive, physically drained, and yes we have some brain dead players as well.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:18 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
He’s the only one of the names being thrown around that I’d even consider

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:21 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
You think team that goes from 2-0 down to 3-2 up are performing like they have nothing to play for? I don't think so. If that result had stuck, we'd be hearing about how much the players are working for the manager.
nope. we'd still be saying we are an absolute mess, occasionally being saved by brilliant moments from certain players (usually, the same handful), and it's no way to ensure long-term success.

there is no £#%&!ing excuse possible for the way rashford played when he came on.