United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:01 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
If we're not challenging for the title, then I'm not even that arsed about finishing top 4 tbh.

Champions League is really boring imo.
if we finish top four, we can attract better players. probably.

anyone saying liverpool are in form and flying actually watched them?

I think we'll catch city. with a decent ref last night v leicester and in our away loss to leicester, we'd be ahead of them now.

we have a fit squad and lvg must have noticed what works over the last couple of weeks.

team ridiculous optimism.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
What if its a draw?
dont think it will be a draw

our fixtures are shocking. we wont beat scousers, chelsea or city.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

The fixtures aren't nearly as bad as people make out.

The dippers have to go to Chelsea and Arsenal. West Brom and Stoke (both away) wont be easy games.

There's a lot riding on the game at Anfield but they'll drop plenty of points between now and the end of the season.

It's ours to throw away.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:17 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

our fixtures give us an opportunity to damage all the teams around us.

we should look forward to them.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

I'm hoping the bigger games will encourage a higher standard of performance.
It feels like we improved when we had the cluster of big games last October, or whenever it was.

We're not going to be easy to beat. Although saying that the vermin gane could go any way. Being away from home though it probably means they'll win.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Szekely

said it in the match thread, but you have to factor in Liverpool's form and that it is unlikely to hold. they've won 9 out of 11 just to get within touching distance. to maintain it and push ahead of us and arsenal, they're going to have to win around the same again in their final ten. and I don't think they will. they'll have another dip before the end. just like last season.

Our fixtures are the toughest, but let's not pretend that them and arsenal won't drop points too.

As fuzzy says, let's hope the bigger games see the best of us. Our best results this season have been in bigger games and our worst in 'easier' fixtures.

its really tough to call.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

We're actually better against the better sides.

The defeat at City was very, very unlucky. Drew with Chelsea, beat Arsenal away, beat the dippers won away at Southampton etc...

It's the shit teams that show up and defend in numbers that we struggle against.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

yeah good luck with that.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Switching Off

We've got a lot of tough ones. We can do it but we need to avoid defeat at Anfield. If we can stay ahead of them going into the last two games we'll get it.

We also should be looking to thrash Arsenal Bo n Monday. Last time we played them in the cup at home Fergie but the twins on the wing, we won 2-0 and Arsenals season imploded. It might be a cup game but it could have a bearing.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:28 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
tbh I think we're impossible to predict so it is literally going to have to be one game at a time & all that.

I was hoping that by March/April we'd be fairly comfortable in the 'Top 4' & might even be throwing a few 'title race' subbys at Chelsea & City.
Perhaps not a proper title challenge but certainly giving them something to think about with next season in mind.
The reality is though, we're a bit shite if truth be known.

No excuses whatsoever for not finishing above Arsenal imo ffs
Playing two games at once would take the piss tbh.

I still think we'll finish 2nd. We'll shit on the murderers as well. They're £#%&!ing £#%&!.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
We've got a lot of tough ones. We can do it but we need to avoid defeat at Anfield. If we can stay ahead of them going into the last two games we'll get it.

We also should be looking to thrash Arsenal Bo n Monday. Last time we played them in the cup at home Fergie but the twins on the wing, we won 2-0 and Arsenals season imploded. It might be a cup game but it could have a bearing.
yep. We know what arsenal are like mentally. yes, thru always make top four, but they're usually fending off spurs and Everton who never really look like seriously doing it. not this year. They could easily shit themselves after one sticky result.

last night was such a big win. We don't even need to win all the head to head games with the other three. even if we draw two and win one, we're in good shape. win two out of three and it looks pretty good. win all three and we'll definitely get it.

Unread 05-03-2015, 11:30 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We're actually better against the better sides.

The defeat at City was very, very unlucky. Drew with Chelsea, beat Arsenal away, beat the dippers won away at Southampton etc...

It's the shit teams that show up and defend in numbers that we struggle against.
This. If Utd are so shit you'd have to wonder why most of the teams in the league still play with 10 men behind the ball which we've struggled to break down.

Di Maria will be a lot more effective with space to operate in.

Unread 05-03-2015, 12:09 PM
HERTS_RED

The fixtures matched up, ideally beat them at anfield then Arsenal beat them. That should be enough to give some breathing room for the city/chelsea matches

Edit ignore the highlighting I knicked it from the Rawk alternative thread

Unread 05-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Switching Off

Last night will have knocked the dippers confidence too. 2-0 up and then we go and knock in a last minute winner. They can talk about form and runs all they like but psychologically it must hurt that its still not got them in the top 4.

Unread 05-03-2015, 12:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herts_red
the fixtures matched up, ideally beat them at anfield then arsenal beat them. That should be enough to give some breathing room for the city/chelsea matches

edit ignore the highlighting i knicked it from the rawk alternative thread
ysb.

Unread 05-03-2015, 12:34 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
The fixtures matched up, ideally beat them at anfield then Arsenal beat them. That should be enough to give some breathing room for the city/chelsea matches

Edit ignore the highlighting I knicked it from the Rawk alternative thread
They've got 6 away to play and we've only got 5 but their home games look slightly easier than ours. All in all I reckon it's evens and we'll take it with Brucey ordering his team to let in a last minute howler against us on the final day

Unread 05-03-2015, 12:34 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
This. If Utd are so shit you'd have to wonder why most of the teams in the league still play with 10 men behind the ball which we've struggled to break down.

Di Maria will be a lot more effective with space to operate in.
So would Stephen Hawking you absolute mediocre @#%&!

Unread 05-03-2015, 12:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
So would Stephen Hawking you absolute mediocre @#%&!
I would take hawking on loan for a season before buying.

Unread 05-03-2015, 12:37 PM
macawber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if we finish top four, we can attract better players. probably.

anyone saying liverpool are in form and flying actually watched them?

I think we'll catch city. with a decent ref last night v leicester and in our away loss to leicester, we'd be ahead of them now.

we have a fit squad and lvg must have noticed what works over the last couple of weeks.

team ridiculous optimism.
That sir is the understatement of the century

Unread 05-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Coracao

Fixtures aren't good reading for us.

Wouldn't be surprised if we both get there and Arsenal end up in 5th tho.
Closed Thread