United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2009, 08:34 AM
wiganste

Default Why aren't we interested in Glen Johnson?

He's a £#%&!ing good player and would improve our team. I think it's a position that needs looking at because we never seemed to have a settled right back last season.

Neville is finished imo, Brown seems to be just as injury prone and Rafael could learn a thing or two.

Unread 13-06-2009, 08:36 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He's a £#%&!ing good player and would improve our team. I think it's a position that needs looking at because we never seemed to have a settled right back last season.

Neville is finished imo, Brown seems to be just as injury prone and Rafael could learn a thing or two.
you forgot john o shea

Unread 13-06-2009, 08:39 AM
thatsfuctit

I agree.

Unread 13-06-2009, 09:34 AM
borsuk

wes >>>>>>>>>>>>> johnson

and wes and jos between them give us plenty of cover for rafael to develop. buying another rb would just mean rafael gets very limited opportunities in the first team next year when, to be perfectly honest, he, evans, welbeck and macheda were the best things about last season, #18 excepted.

i hope rafael and evans are first choice replacements next season, with welbeck as the fourth striker. great talents all, should be trusted.

Unread 13-06-2009, 09:38 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

and wes and jos between them give us plenty of cover for rafael to develop. buying another rb would just mean rafael gets very limited opportunities in the first team next year when, to be perfectly honest, he, evans, welbeck and macheda were the best things about last season, #18 excepted.

i hope rafael and evans are first choice replacements next season, with welbeck as the fourth striker. great talents all, should be trusted.
Maybe so but Wes' injury record is terrible. I don't think there's any harm in strengthening certain positions and it could help Rafaels progress having better players to play/compete with.

Unread 13-06-2009, 09:38 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

i'm tipping tosic to make a break through to first team next season, i think he is going to be a top player.

Unread 13-06-2009, 09:55 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i'm tipping tosic to make a break through to first team next season, i think he is going to be a top player.

Reb genuine question-what do you base this on? Im not saying you're wrong but he is one addition that I worry about making it.

Unread 13-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Switching Off

£17m

Unread 13-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Walter Sobchak

Quote:

Johnston is poor defensively, and at 18M?

Unread 13-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Tumescent Throb

£#%&! Johnson. Ferguson could use some of this bent cash tactically to £#%&! other interested clubs over, but I doubt he will. might at least use it to drive certain players' prices up in feigned interest!

stick the kids in; we have at least 5 who'll be regualars next season and then Ljajic to come.

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:29 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
Reb genuine question-what do you base this on? Im not saying you're wrong but he is one addition that I worry about making it.
only on the reserve games that i saw, he took a little time to settle but by the tail end of the season he was flying, looked way too good for reserve football, it's only my opinion of course but have genuine belief that this lad is really good.

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:45 PM
armchair

15-20m with Chelsea favs. Scouse also supposed to be in. I'd certainly put a 15m bid in and let him pick his club. If he wants to join United then great.

tbh I think chelsea/scouse bids are made up. No way would he be in ancellotti's thoughts and the other @#%&!s are in no position to throw money around.

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Firswood Red

would be madness to buy, Brown to come back, O'Shea improved as last season went on, Rafael is only going to improve.

I'm not convinced Johnson is much of a defender, very good going forward but average defensively.

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:18 PM
toseeunited

i've been impressed with his attacking play, and his crossing has improved - that's something we have missed - g.nev's crossing, but he's finished i agree.

i think rafael will play more and more, and with wes and o'shea i'm happy with RB. midfield and attacking players is where the money should be spent imo.

good player though...

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Elsey

I'm amazed we're not interested in Johno as well.

The last couple of years he has become a top top player.

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Alan

Because we don't need him, and he's not good enough, basically.

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:28 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
No way would he be in ancellotti's thoughts
i doubt very much ancellotti is driving the transfers at chelsea

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Firswood Red

there's also a lot of talk of Bosingwa to Bayern

Unread 13-06-2009, 02:32 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
there's also a lot of talk of Bosingwa to Bayern
do you think they'd be in for ribery then?

Unread 13-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Totally disagree there Ste. Rafael is going to be twice the player Glen Johnson is.
Closed Thread