United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-01-2022, 09:24 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
A poorly maintained country Manor looks great still for a few years. Only gets ripped down 15 years later when the rotten roof collapses
yanks started in 05 they rode the fergie bandwagaon till 2013, 9 years of £#%&!ing about spending load of money for one uefa cup a league and fa cup since.

fact is we have never been able to recover since fergie left and the winning culture he built walked out the door when he left.

Unread 04-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
yanks started in 05 they rode the fergie bandwagaon till 2013, 9 years of £#%&!ing about spending load of money for one uefa cup a league and fa cup since.

fact is we have never been able to recover since fergie left and the winning culture he built walked out the door when he left.
Letting him choose his successor was an absolute folly. In a summer when Guardiola, Mourinho (while he was good), Ancelotti all changed jobs, we went and handed David Moyes a 6 year contract.

Lunacy. People said that the time it would set us back 10 years. Well that looks to have been optimistic.

Unread 04-01-2022, 11:16 PM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
The owners have one goal- make more money, they don't give two f***s about the players, the fans, the manager.
I get what you are saying pal, but we all know leadership and culture comes from the top.

When the guys at the top only care about Money, then is it any wonder that the boys at the bottom only care about money too?

If Joel doesn't care about winning, why should Mason?

Fergie papered over the cracks for so long with his winning mentality between the owners and players.

That's now gone, and f*** knows how to replace it.

Unread 04-01-2022, 11:36 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Letting him choose his successor was an absolute folly. In a summer when Guardiola, Mourinho (while he was good), Ancelotti all changed jobs, we went and handed David Moyes a 6 year contract.

Lunacy. People said that the time it would set us back 10 years. Well that looks to have been optimistic.
Guardiola had already received the brown envelope by then. He made the excuse he couldn’t understand Fergie’s accent when they met in NY but it was all done dealio with the berts. Pep was having a break while they put the deck chairs out for him. Ancellotti? Nah. Jose? Possibly. Fergies mistake was thinking he could assert some control over Moyes but the stupid @#%&! slapped his dick on the desk and brought wee Jimmy et all with him. Not saying Moysie would’ve been the answer but youdve thought there might be some dialogue between him and saf.
Whatever. It all starts at the top. Every manager has been given a couple of their own choices. Then the £#%&!ing suits step in with their Falcao/Schweiny signings that undermine the manager. How many years have we been crying out mf signings? They’re just not sexy enough for the sponsors. A finish in 8th position won’t be sexy enough either.
The club is £#%&!ed with these @#%&!s and saf/Gill had enough.

Unread 04-01-2022, 11:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Guardiola had already received the brown envelope by then. He made the excuse he couldn’t understand Fergie’s accent when they met in NY but it was all done dealio with the berts. Pep was having a break while they put the deck chairs out for him. .
Guardiola went to Bayern in 2013 mate.

Unread 04-01-2022, 11:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
James doesn’t count as he wasn’t inherited. He was a punt, and a profit was made.

Fellaini
Lukaku,
Sanches
Darmian
Smalling
Rojo
Young
Herrera
Perreira
Romero
Dalot
Lingard
3 of that list are still contracted by the club and 2 are still getting games

Romero was an able back up so not really a shit @#%&! imo

That leaves Sanchez as the only one I didn’t name.

I’m not someone that thinks Ole didn’t do anything good here and he might have sold a couple of duds but he also spent a ridiculous amount on the likes of Bissaka, Maguire, DVB. But what ever…

My initial point which you took offence to was the @#%&!s in the squad who have thrown previous managers under the bus took advantage of his friendly personality and then stabbed him in the back and they’ll most likely try and do the same to Ralf. Not sure how that can be disputed after what we’ve seen from these players over the last few years tbh.

You won’t agree obviously and will move to goal posts as you always do and come up with some other waffle.

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:11 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Guardiola went to Bayern in 2013 mate.
Oh, alright then

Still, manage serial Bundesliga champions and current European champions or this lot. Likes a walk-in, does Pep.

Was never going to be easy but never thought this dysfunctional

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:18 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Guardiola had already received the brown envelope by then. He made the excuse he couldn’t understand Fergie’s accent when they met in NY but it was all done dealio with the berts. Pep was having a break while they put the deck chairs out for him. Ancellotti? Nah. Jose? Possibly. Fergies mistake was thinking he could assert some control over Moyes but the stupid @#%&! slapped his dick on the desk and brought wee Jimmy et all with him. Not saying Moysie would’ve been the answer but youdve thought there might be some dialogue between him and saf.
Whatever. It all starts at the top. Every manager has been given a couple of their own choices. Then the £#%&!ing suits step in with their Falcao/Schweiny signings that undermine the manager. How many years have we been crying out mf signings? They’re just not sexy enough for the sponsors. A finish in 8th position won’t be sexy enough either.
The club is £#%&!ed with these @#%&!s and saf/Gill had enough.

Fred was never a Jose signing. VDB was never an ole signing. It’s all just disjointed . 90 million spent on a couple of players managers didn’t even want .

Jose was calling for maguire to be signed , they signed him the year after.( even if he is playing a bit shit it’s about backing the manager)

LVG even mentioned not getting his first set of targets. Sancho has taken two years to get. Two £#%&!ing years.

I don’t know how much truth there are in the reports coming from the rags but if it is true I pray rangnick names and shames the £#%&!ers . Two can play at this game, he is only here for 6 months so he is a position to “not upset” players .

Absolute sick of these @#%&!s. Same old story

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:27 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Oh, alright then

Still, manage serial Bundesliga champions and current European champions or this lot. Likes a walk-in, does Pep.
That's true.

Walked from one sure-thing to the next.

Unread 05-01-2022, 02:01 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Fred was never a Jose signing. VDB was never an ole signing. It’s all just disjointed . 90 million spent on a couple of players managers didn’t even want .

Jose was calling for maguire to be signed , they signed him the year after.( even if he is playing a bit shit it’s about backing the manager)

LVG even mentioned not getting his first set of targets. Sancho has taken two years to get. Two £#%&!ing years.

I don’t know how much truth there are in the reports coming from the rags but if it is true I pray rangnick names and shames the £#%&!ers . Two can play at this game, he is only here for 6 months so he is a position to “not upset” players .

Absolute sick of these @#%&!s. Same old story
So we get shit players later. Not sure that’s the issue.

Unread 05-01-2022, 01:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
So we get shit players later. Not sure that’s the issue.
The point being the manager is handicapped. You have to give the manager resources and time. By the time the manager gets a player he wants there’s another three issues that have cropped up. It’s a statement of intent from the board, wanting to win and do the best. Not half arsing it.

Unread 05-01-2022, 02:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The point being the manager is handicapped. You have to give the manager resources and time. By the time the manager gets a player he wants there’s another three issues that have cropped up. It’s a statement of intent from the board, wanting to win and do the best. Not half arsing it.
Precisely, it's why signings like Mata, Matic, Cavani and now Ronaldo will prove pointless, because they're all ancient and £#%&!ed by the time the other issues are sorted. Probably add Varane to that list too

Feels like I've been after 8-10 players out and 6-8 players in every summer since 2012. Even when we've gone 'big' the players coming in have been awful choices and ones that should leave/be replaced have stayed.

Unread 05-01-2022, 02:10 PM
Ronny

Let go of your illusions about Utd under the Glazer ownership, things are going just fine.
In terms of fan engagement and media clicks, turmoil is just as effective as success in keeping up the clubs profile, dam sight cheaper too.

Unread 05-01-2022, 03:09 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Precisely, it's why signings like Mata, Matic, Cavani and now Ronaldo will prove pointless, because they're all ancient and £#%&!ed by the time the other issues are sorted. Probably add Varane to that list too

Feels like I've been after 8-10 players out and 6-8 players in every summer since 2012. Even when we've gone 'big' the players coming in have been awful choices and ones that should leave/be replaced have stayed.
I don’t agree.

We make terrible choices in the transfer market. The timing of them is not the issue.Its like our scouting department is ran by a kid that has fifa.

We needed a cm we got pogba. He’s a @#%&! with a terrible attitude. Now we are asking for a new cm

We needed a cm we got Donny did not need a random cm that wants to play further forward.

We needed a rb that could pay with the ball at his feet we picked awb he’s shit

We felt we needed the luxury of Sancho in a system with too many forward players in wrong positions

All this has nothing to do with timing and other problems it’s just terrible scouting and transfer selection.

I could keep going slab head, Bailey, Fred, etc etc

I keep reading it’s about Money it’s really not, other teams have spent a lot less and have much more balanced squads. We are just Everton with more money

Unread 05-01-2022, 03:16 PM
dunk

It is about money and timing. The players that have arrived have done so because they were available at that time on payment terms that suited us. Other than Maguire probably as we paid out for him on the nose. We got the older players because other teams knew they were spent and wanted rid, so it worked for us financially. All signing any of them did was kick the requirement down the road.

The scouting going back as far as 2008-09 has been pretty £#%&!ing horrendous tbh, but that’s probably because they couldn’t get the deals they wanted for the guaranteed worldies and accepted what they could get on the terms they wanted instead.

Unread 05-01-2022, 03:31 PM
tatty

I’d rather we signed good players that we need with the right attitude than go after these ridiculous marquee signings, who are then shoe-horned in to the side and end up restless and uncommitted.

Unread 05-01-2022, 04:43 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Let go of your illusions about Utd under the Glazer ownership, things are going just fine.
In terms of fan engagement and media clicks, turmoil is just as effective as success in keeping up the clubs profile, dam sight cheaper too.
Exactly. The assumption that Rangnick is in to sort everything out is pure speculation.
The Glazers don't care as long as they can keep extracting dividends and will probably appoint Fletcher in the summer (if not sooner) and the cycle will continue.

Unread 05-01-2022, 05:05 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
I don’t agree.

We make terrible choices in the transfer market. The timing of them is not the issue.Its like our scouting department is ran by a kid that has fifa.

We needed a cm we got pogba. He’s a @#%&! with a terrible attitude. Now we are asking for a new cm

We needed a cm we got Donny did not need a random cm that wants to play further forward.

We needed a rb that could pay with the ball at his feet we picked awb he’s shit

We felt we needed the luxury of Sancho in a system with too many forward players in wrong positions

All this has nothing to do with timing and other problems it’s just terrible scouting and transfer selection.

I could keep going slab head, Bailey, Fred, etc etc

I keep reading it’s about Money it’s really not, other teams have spent a lot less and have much more balanced squads. We are just Everton with more money
Spot on

Unread 05-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Guardiola had already received the brown envelope by then. He made the excuse he couldn’t understand Fergie’s accent when they met in NY but it was all done dealio with the berts.
If I recall correctly it was in red issue that fergie let both mourinho and Guardiola know he wasn’t leaving any time soon, as part of his plan to leverage moyes into the job. Think it was also mentioned in red issue that moyes was fergie’s choice as his successor as far back as 2009.

Other members of the board like gill supposedly wanted mourinho. I guess Woodward’s power play to replace gill worked in fergie’s favour too.

Of course, once moyes was appointed and Guardiola and mourinho were at new clubs, it suited all to make up some shit for public consumption.

Quote:
Not saying Moysie would’ve been the answer but youdve thought there might be some dialogue between him and saf.
Maybe the dumbest move I’ve seen by a new manager. Ripped up a working formula as if taking over relegation candidates. He should have evolved into the job. Kept the same staff, got his feet under the table and then evolved it.

Unread 05-01-2022, 09:07 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
If I recall correctly it was in red issue
prove it