Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:29 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
True.

Wenger?
No we don't want him to £#%&! his side either.

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Ethers

Nothing will ever change imo.

The whole circus surrounding the national team, and the absolute clowns in charge, mean they are always destined to fail.

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Whip Hubley

The thread really could have been shut after the first post and that guardian article.

Regardless of what tactics, system, masseuse or nutritionist england use at the moment they will never win an international tournament until the entire structure of the way football is coached in this country is changed. To my mind England don't have any world class talent, and very few 'exciting' young players who come anywhere close to the like of Muller, Gotze, Reus et al (if we're using Germany as a comparison)

I think Sterling will be very good but I really don't get the fuss over Sturridge, at all. Welbeck is decent but nothing more, Rooney is past it, Gerrard has been dining out on his 20's since, well, he turned 30, Henderson lol :/ , that back 4... £#%&! me, how average can you get? And as for flaky joe....

No system or set of tactics would have seen england through this group. I think Hodgson is a decent manager for what it's worth. I don't even think Mourinho could have done much with that bunch of schmucks

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
True.

Wenger?
Perhaps. I think he'll be at Arsenal until he's dead, tbh

Sampaoli

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:36 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
The thread really could have been shut after the first post and that guardian article.

Regardless of what tactics, system, masseuse or nutritionist england use at the moment they will never win an international tournament until the entire structure of the way football is coached in this country is changed. To my mind England don't have any world class talent, and very few 'exciting' young players who come anywhere close to the like of Muller, Gotze, Reus et al (if we're using Germany as a comparison)

I think Sterling will be very good but I really don't get the fuss over Sturridge, at all. Welbeck is decent but nothing more, Rooney is past it, Gerrard has been dining out on his 20's since, well, he turned 30, Henderson lol :/ , that back 4... £#%&! me, how average can you get? And as for flaky joe....

No system or set of tactics would have seen england through this group. I think Hodgson is a decent manager for what it's worth. I don't even think Mourinho could have done much with that bunch of schmucks
Bullshit

Costa Rica have got through this group and will probably top it as well

Costa Rica's players are mainly journeymen players and are certainly not better than England's individually however they have played far better as a team and that is down to systems and tactics

Obviously England don't have the players to win a world cup but they should be doing much better than this

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

True dat pal. There's too many people with their noses in the trough to have that kind of total overhaul they had in Germany.

Until they address the elephant in the room.... The big, fat, grossly overweight, greedy abomination that is the Premier League and the 'money first, everything else a distant 2nd' way it is run...then nothing will change.

It's a big £#%&!ing gravy train and the people in charge don't give a £#%&! as long as it keeps on chugging along. They don't care who buys or owns the clubs, what they do with them or whether or not they care about the future of English football.

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Bullshit

Costa Rica's players are mainly journey men players and are certainly not better than England's individually however they have played far better as a team and that is down to systems and tactics

Obviously England don't have the players to win a world cup but they should be doing much better than this

I don't know of a single manager who could have got the likes of Rooney, Gerrard et all motivated and playing well as a team. Totally disjointed. It's not just the grassroots side, it's the whole approach to international football and the lack of priority it's given. I personally couldn't give a toss, by the way - give me the premier league from August to May over England doing well internationally any day of the week - but it seems blindingly clear that England won't get anywhere until they have a major shift in focus.

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17

He would get the team organised properly and make the team hard to beat, he is an excellent manager who excels in one off games, international football would be perfect for him.
i understand where you're coming from, but i don't think mourinho's ego would allow him to be out of the limelight for months at a time. even if he did take it, he'd see his arse within 18 months.

Unread 20-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Old Mathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
They should go down the foreign road again, but this time instead of hiring the biggest name they can buy, actually look for someone with a plan: a hungry manager with a record of developing teams and players, with the balls to put his principles above media/player pressure.

Martinez would have been ideal last summer if he'd have been up for it. But that's the type of appointment they should make, and instead of #@&%! English managers moaning about it they should take a look at themselves and address why the country hasn't produced a top manager in decades.
This is the heart of the matter
England has the fewest coaches of the leading European nations and is the most expensive place to get your badges
If those dopey @#%&!s at the FA want to win a World Cup they should target 2034 and start training coaches
Small people, small pitches, small goals and small footballs. No fixed positions, no eleven a side just concentrate on touch, technique, and understanding space
That is all

Unread 20-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Bullshit

Costa Rica's players are mainly journeymen players and are certainly not better than England's individually
Some of them are.

The centre backs and goalkeeper certainly.

Unread 20-06-2014, 08:29 PM
puressence

If scholes had been spanish or italian. Hed have had 150 caps and still be playing. Managers are scared of making decisions because of the media shite and the £#%&!ing unhingered £#%&!ers from every village in england ... I actually love them getting to tournaments so this fallout happens .. Why do they think they will win things. Come tuesday no doubt he will probabaly pick the same team instead of playing the 11 obv bar one of the keepers from the start. As a kid loved england the wc with them etc have not had any interest in them since 98 ish .. Players I have no time for fans I £#%&!ing hate and run by a set of @#%&!s who have stiched utd up on to many occasions ...

Unread 20-06-2014, 08:32 PM
kid napper

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
If scholes had been spanish or italian. Hed have had 150 caps and still be playing. Managers are scared of making decisions because of the media shite and the £#%&!ing unhingered w*nkers from every village in england ... I actually love them getting to tournaments so this fallout happens .. Why do they think they will win things. Come tuesday no doubt he will probabaly pick the same team instead of playing the 11 obv bar one of the keepers from the start. As a kid loved england the wc with them etc have not had any interest in them since 98 ish .. Players I have no time for fans I £#%&!ing hate and run by a set of @#%&!s who have stiched utd up on to many occasions ...
Fatty, he's retired.

Unread 20-06-2014, 08:33 PM
kid napper

Should £#%&! Hodgson off and give it Gary Neville with a remit to £#%&! off the old guard and bring the youngsters through.

Never get any where anyway, take a risk.

Unread 20-06-2014, 08:35 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
If scholes had been spanish or italian. Hed have had 150 caps and still be playing. Managers are scared of making decisions because of the media shite and the £#%&!ing unhingered w*nkers from every village in england ... I actually love them getting to tournaments so this fallout happens .. Why do they think they will win things. Come tuesday no doubt he will probabaly pick the same team instead of playing the 11 obv bar one of the keepers from the start. As a kid loved england the wc with them etc have not had any interest in them since 98 ish .. Players I have no time for fans I £#%&!ing hate and run by a set of @#%&!s who have stiched utd up on to many occasions ...

well said chunk...its an ever revolving circle of experienced players get to the finals (playing minnows) so thats enough for the manager..

Sven was englands best manager by miles

Unread 20-06-2014, 08:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mathers
This is the heart of the matter
England has the fewest coaches of the leading European nations and is the most expensive place to get your badges
If those dopey @#%&!s at the FA want to win a World Cup they should target 2034 and start training coaches
Small people, small pitches, small goals and small footballs. No fixed positions, no eleven a side just concentrate on touch, technique, and understanding space
That is all
Absolutely right. Coaching is an issue, not just for the development of players but managers too.

For all the passion for the game in England, much of the country is pretty clueless. And that extends to English managers. A lot of foreign managers off the record say they fancy the Premier League because they reckon the average British manager is £#%&!.

I mentioned it before the tournament, but I cannot imagine another manager at this World Cup going into the tournament without a recognised defensive midfielder. To not start with one is a risk, but to not even have one on the bench is just insane.

Hodgson did what half the idiots in the pub do. Pick the most of the in-form and hyped players, regardless of whether they compliment each other and without any consideration of the balance of the side. Just as he did two years ago.

The fact he'll keep his job is hilarious.

Unread 20-06-2014, 08:53 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

there is something very rotten at the heart of english football mirroring the rotten society that's been fashioned over the last 35 years.

England used to win world cups when there was a commitment to a more equal society, progressive taxation, essential services run in the interests of people rather then profit, national industries in public ownership.

no coincidence that the country can't produce anything that requires common goals and shared values

Unread 20-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Absolutely right. Coaching is an issue, not just for the development of players but managers too.

For all the passion for the game in England, much of the country is pretty clueless. And that extends to English managers. A lot of foreign managers off the record say they fancy the Premier League because they reckon the average British manager is £#%&!.

I mentioned it before the tournament, but I cannot imagine another manager at this World Cup going into the tournament without a recognised defensive midfielder. To not start with one is a risk, but to not even have one on the bench is just insane.

Hodgson did what half the idiots in the pub do. Pick the most of the in-form and hyped players, regardless of whether they compliment each other and without any consideration of the balance of the side. Just as he did two years ago.

The fact he'll keep his job is hilarious.
All true, did not expect Hodgson to be so easily influenced. Listen to him talk and he comes across as very serious, with conviction in his ideas. Possibly his failure at Liverpool has made him more concerned with the public perception.

The lack of a DM was an obvious problem with the squad, no Carrick was foolish, it is his role, he has played it to a high level in a dominant team for years. He is a little unfortunate that Walcott is out and that Wilshere has struggled so much with injury, 2 players who would be in their strongest 11 imo.

Unread 20-06-2014, 09:02 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
there is something very rotten at the heart of english football mirroring the rotten society that's been fashioned over the last 35 years.

England used to win world cups when there was a commitment to a more equal society, progressive taxation, essential services run in the interests of people rather then profit, national industries in public ownership.

no coincidence that the country can't produce anything that requires common goals and shared values
Have england won more than one

Unread 20-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Neo

Why the £#%&! is there always this surprise and a need for an inquest whenever England get eliminated from anything?

They're a nothing country who have won half the World Cups that Uruguay have, and even that was a stitch-up on home soil that nobody outside of London gives a £#%&! about.

Barring that, they have made absolutely no impression on any international tournament in nearly 100 years. A squad full of utterly average dross, managed by a media-pandering numpty was never going to do anything other than stumble out early.

Now they're talking about winning it in 2022! Typical, clueless arrogance that underpins the inevitable depression their fans suffer every 2-4 years. I £#%&!ing love it.

Unread 20-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Why the £#%&! is there always this surprise and a need for an inquest whenever England get eliminated from anything?

They're a nothing country who have won half the World Cups that Uruguay have, and even that was a stitch-up on home soil that nobody outside of London gives a £#%&! about.

Barring that, they have made absolutely no impression on any international tournament in nearly 100 years. A squad full of utterly average dross, managed by a media-pandering numpty was never going to do anything other than stumble out early.

Now they're talking about winning it in 2022! Typical, clueless arrogance that underpins the inevitable depression their fans suffer every 2-4 years. I £#%&!ing love it.
What a load of shit.

Other than that you're quite right.
Closed Thread