Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Osman
Osman's shit mate

Unread 09-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
The problem with Moyes is when he spends large (For Everton) amounts on transfers

Nikica Jelavic £6,000,000
Diniyar Bilyaletdinov £10,000,000
Johnny Heitinga £6,000,000
Yakubu £11,250,000
James Beattie £6,000,000
Per Kroldrup £5,000,000
Andy Johnson £8,600,000

Also I challenge anyone to name a attacking minded player accept Cahill who has improved under his management in 11 years
That's a scary £#%&!ing list right enough, but United is a completely different kettle of fish to Everton. Everything is geared up to winning playing expansive football, with top class facilities, a huge stadium and the best players around you ...

Also it's a fact that back in the day Everton were a lot bigger pull than they have been since the CL expanded to 4 teams qualifying, and so expensive as those players may have been, United have a much wider choice of talent to pick from and connections with much more helpful agents ;-}

Unread 09-05-2013, 05:55 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Look don't come on here slagging our manager off, pal.

Unread 09-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
The problem with Moyes is when he spends large (For Everton) amounts on transfers

Yakubu £11,250,000
James Beattie £6,000,000
Per Kroldrup £5,000,000
Andy Johnson £8,600,000

Also I challenge anyone to name a attacking minded player accept Cahill who has improved under his management in 11 years

Unread 09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:

Unread 09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
How often could you possibly have watched them? I've hardly watched them and I've seen them play a few decent matches ...

In his current team he has Baines, Morralles, Pienaar ... He used to play that Fernandez bloke as well, and one or two others ... His main man is Fellaini, hence why they play it up to him at the moment, surely. And if he also hones our set pieces would that really be so bad?

When he gets to United he's going to have an array of attacking talent the likes of which he's never had in his career at his disposal, as well as a big fat chequebook to sign a player or two ...
He's been there twelve years, mate. It's enough to take in what he's been about

From a distance, admittedly, I've always had the impression of a manager with lots of qualities, but one who is almost purely driven by results, rather than style. Physical, cynical (something I'm sure I remember Fergie complaining about after games, no?) and essentially prioritising the points over everything. Always seemed delighted with scrappy wins, no matter how they're achieved.

That's been one of my overall images of him down the years. He'll be given the chance to be more expansive at United, but I would much rather see someone coming in with a clear, identifiable philosophy in keeping with what we want to see on the pitch.
I was hoping for a fresh approach; I fear Moyes is going to be about continuity.

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

From a distance, admittedly, I've always had the impression of a manager with lots of qualities, but one who is almost purely driven by results, rather than style. Physical, cynical (something I'm sure I remember Fergie complaining about after games, no?) and essentially prioritising the points over everything. Always seemed delighted with scrappy wins, no matter how they're achieved.

That's been one of my overall images of him down the years. He'll be given the chance to be more expansive at United, but I would much rather see someone coming in with a clear, identifiable philosophy in keeping with what we want to see on the pitch.
I was hoping for a fresh approach; I fear Moyes is going to be about continuity.
know what you mean....five (should have been 6) titles in seven years, £#%&!ing continuity

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:04 PM
dodger

Quote:

McBride
Pienaar
Arteta
Gibson...

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Sparky***

One thing the Moyesinator won't tolerate is this "dropping deep and letting opposition players run 30-40 yards unchallenged with the ball" crap. He'll have the players eating a diet of raw meat and stray animals. Out there before the game ready to kick something.

Expect our red/yellow card count to go through the roof.

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffyPup
Knows £#%&! all about winning trophies though.

Swansea, Birmingham, Pompey, middlesbrough, Blackburn and possibly Wigan will have all won more major trophies than Everton in the last 10 years.

However if finishing mid table every year on a shoestring budget is the name of the game we've got the right man
Birmingham, Pompey, Boro, Blackburn and possibly Wigan have all been relegated into oblivion in the last 10 years despite spending millions more than him.

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:10 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Yakubu £11,250,000
James Beattie £6,000,000
Per Kroldrup £5,000,000
Andy Johnson £8,600,000

Arteta, Pieenar, Baines, Fellaini?

Blagger

Quote:

I agree with most of that. But with the ability of hindsight, I think that the style of 'functionality over flair' football we've seen over the past two seasons has (perhaps) been a function of Fergie's upcoming retirement. It makes sense right? He wants to go out with a trophy, so he's willing to sacrifice certain principles to ensure that he can do as such (signing RVP also admits of a similar explanation).

Insofar as Moyes has been brought in for continuity's sake, I think you're right. But I'm hesitant to equate continuity with him churning out the same style of football we've seen over the last two seasons. I think the continuity aspect of Moyes that most likely appeals to people like Fergie, Charlton, etc., is that he's an extremely strong candidate for a manager that will go on to promote the United managerial philosophy of legacy and stability.

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
Birmingham, Pompey, Boro, Blackburn and possibly Wigan have all been relegated into oblivion in the last 10 years despite spending millions more than him.
and Rangers

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
It's not like you did it for the last 6 years

Tumescent Throb

Quote:

I understand that and was hoping for the same myself as we discussed the other day. And it would be doubly frustrating if the Rooney situation is resolved by £#%&!ing him off and yet the team still doesn't look for a change in style.

But against that you can't blame United - change for change's sake is the scourge of modern football. United does not need major surgery, especially to the squad, no matter what some people say. And Everton is a totally different environment - don't forget their local rivals set winning at all costs above everything else and wear their CV like a badge of honour. Moyes' survived at Everton for so long because he had that club competing on a shoestring with their neighbours for years despite having a fraction of their transfer budget.

thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
and Rangers

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
:£#%&!er:

Unread 09-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Sparky***