United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
View Poll Results: Man of match v Stoke
De Gea 18 54.55%
Evra 0 0%
Jones 3 9.09%
Rio 0 0%
Valencia 1 3.03%
Giggs 0 0%
Anderson 0 0%
Fletcher 0 0%
Nani 5 15.15%
Welbeck 0 0%
The Pea 1 3.03%
Berba 3 9.09%
Young 1 3.03%
Owen 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Time For Heroes

Default Re: *Official* Stoke v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Injecting the Canadian Ginea Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Man of the match was easily Nani, btw. De Gea next. Jones was the only other one who stood out. Bad day at the office for a few....and we still got a point at a notoriously tough place to go to.
Tricky one, went with El Goalie as he did nothing wrong but could have been Nanners or Jonsers, also think Andersoners was ok, unlike some people.

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:43 PM
The Return of JC

Default Re: *Official* Stoke v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Injecting the Canadian Ginea Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
First words out of Burley's mouth 'Well, the first thing I'd say is De Gea is rooted to his line' :£#%&!er:

That man needs £#%&!ing killing.
The link I watched had Dion Dublin and Andy Townsend as the half time pundits. Townsend said that he 'made a meal' of the Walters (?) shot he tipped round the post first half. Dublin looked at him like he was mad. In fairness to the anchor, he said something like

'It seems like there's a media campaign to over-scrutinise De Gea....and it appears Andy is no exception'

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
Peter Crouch Goal v Manchester United - YouTube

watch the replay from behind. he would have had a clear run at it if he hadn't got flat footed behind his own player

part of the problem for the defence is that they know he isn't coming for it

its part of a current weakness in his game that needs working on thats all
No, he wouldn't. There was a gap by the time the ball arrived, but as the cross came over there were 4 or 5 players in the way.

I don't disagree that he needs to get better on crosses, just disagree in this instance.

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:46 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Peter Crouch Goal v Manchester United - YouTube

watch the replay from behind. he would have had a clear run at it if he hadn't got flat footed behind his own player

part of the problem for the defence is that they know he isn't coming for it

its part of a current weakness in his game that needs working on thats all
I can't watch it at work, unfortunately.

I've seen it several times though and think he would've been silly coming for it. Far more of a risk than leaving it for the defenders to deal with.

But I take the overall point, as Bedders said too, that it's an area he needs to work on.....I just don't think that particular incident is an example of that.

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Neo

The Crouch goal was more down to Jones' bad defending than De Gea not coming for the ball.

Jones completely lost his man and failed to challenge aerially for the ball. He's only 19 though so he'll obviously get better, and he's been sensational in all other departments really.

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:48 PM
The Return of JC

Thumbs up Re: *Official* Stoke v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Injecting the Canadian Ginea Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The Crouch goal was more down to Jones' bad defending than De Gea not coming for the ball.

Jones completely lost his man and failed to challenge aerially for the ball. He's only 19 though so he'll obviously get better, and he's been sensational in all other departments really.
Yup

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
The crowd reffed that match.
I've got no doubt that if Stoke would've had any player go down in the box - Walton wouldve immediately awarded them a pelanty.It was a £#%&!ing joke.Playing to the crowd.

But what will happen to Walton after that shambles? £#%&!.All.

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I've got no doubt that if Stoke would've had any player go down in the box - Walton wouldve immediately awarded them a pelanty.It was a £#%&!ing joke.Playing to the crowd.

But what will happen to Walton after that shambles? £#%&!.All.
Looking forward to the Conwy food n' drink festival?

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:51 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

A twenty year old keeper didn't come for it and a 19 year old lost his man.........If you play inexperienced players you're gonna get the occassional £#%&! up. I'd still rather watch a load of youngsters going out and trying to win games than a stale team plod to bore draws.

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Sloane

we didnt win the game because a yard too slow fletcher and anderson having one his off days couldnt cope without rooney dropping deep to both screen them and being outlet during the transition from defence to attack

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
A twenty year old keeper didn't come for it and a 19 year old lost his man.........If you play inexperienced players you're gonna get the occassional £#%&! up. I'd still rather watch a load of youngsters going out and trying to win games than a stale team plod to bore draws.
There is a contradiction in there with regards to what happened Saturday.

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
we lost the game because a yard too slow fletcher and anderson having one his off days couldnt cope without rooney dropping deep to both screen them and being outlet during the transition from defence to attack

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
it makes sense on the 3rd read through

Unread 26-09-2011, 12:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
it makes sense on the 3rd read through
I'm on my 4th reading and

Unread 26-09-2011, 01:00 PM
dunk

We definitely didn't lose.

And Stoke just bypassed the midfield most of the time.

Unread 26-09-2011, 01:00 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
There is a contradiction in there with regards to what happened Saturday.
The problem all came for the lack of movement up front thanks to owen being as shit as we all know he is and berbatov berbatoving it about.....Lost control of the game. Nani, Jones, Ando were all good to watch the older players were the problem, if they'd have performed the mistakes from the youngsters would have been covered.

Unread 26-09-2011, 01:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We definitely didn't lose.

And Stoke just bypassed the midfield most of the time.
I thought not, which was confusing me.

Unread 26-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
stonewall penalty and red card, don't see how it can possibly be interpreted differently.

it's nonsense about "touching the ball" - you can't go through the back of someone to get the feintest, most insignificant of touches of the ball.
Spot on. Maybe Woodgate should have launched a flying studs-up kick into Hernandez' neck, killing him stone dead, then gently brushed the ball with his boot. 'Touched the ball ref'. Absolute bullshit.

Unread 26-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

get behind the shirts ffs.

Unread 26-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Sloane

you know what i meant