United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:54 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You’re better than this.
Come on, he rejected us and we went on to reach the pinnacle of world football. There is no need to begrudge the best striker of his PL era a title that he more than any other player contributed to. If success was just about money we would have had more to show for ourselves over the last ten years.

Unread 07-01-2023, 07:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Come on, he rejected us and we went on to reach the pinnacle of world football. There is no need to begrudge the best striker of his PL era a title that he more than any other player contributed to. If success was just about money we would have had more to show for ourselves over the last ten years.
A solitary league win there the team he turned down won the two before , the two after, a European cup and five fa cups?

I suppose that is the dream.

Shearer didn’t take the little mill town club. Jack Walker did. He then bought Alan shearer, who was brilliant and scored a shit load of goals. There seemed to be a suggestion that he was the one who lifted them from nothing to something. That was very much Jack Walker.

Shearer was the best striker of that type in the last 30 years. He should have won more.

As a side point, Kane isn’t anywhere near as good as him either IMO. I’m not arsed if he beats his record.

Oh, and ANOTHER thing. Shearer has 260 premier league goals… he also scored 23 for Southampton in the old division one. 283 should be the target.

Unread 07-01-2023, 07:36 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
A solitary league win there the team he turned down won the two before , the two after, a European cup and five fa cups?

I suppose that is the dream.

Shearer didn’t take the little mill town club. Jack Walker did. He then bought Alan shearer, who was brilliant and scored a shit load of goals. There seemed to be a suggestion that he was the one who lifted them from nothing to something. That was very much Jack Walker.

Shearer was the best striker of that type in the last 30 years. He should have won more.

As a side point, Kane isn’t anywhere near as good as him either IMO. I’m not arsed if he beats his record.

Oh, and ANOTHER thing. Shearer has 260 premier league goals… he also scored 23 for Southampton in the old division one. 283 should be the target.
Read it again.

Unread 07-01-2023, 07:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Read it again.
‘Where’ instead ‘there’?

Good to see you’re making it past the first sentences of my posts though 👍

Unread 07-01-2023, 07:42 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
‘Where’ instead ‘there’?

Good to see you’re making it past the first sentences of my posts though 👍
No, read the bit you highlighted in Quayders post again. Well done for making yourself look like an even bigger idiot though.

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
No, read the bit you highlighted in Quayders post again. Well done for making yourself look like an even bigger idiot though.
Not like you to criticise me, mate.

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:17 PM
Joe Biden

Poor mans wighorst.

Unread 08-01-2023, 12:44 AM
Stickman

Would take him all day. Has a year left on his contract end of season so their hand will be somewhat forced if he wants to go.

He’ll be banging them in a few years yet imo and would thrive at OT.

He needs a trophy, we need a trophy - we’d get an RVP like first season from him nqat.

Unread 08-01-2023, 01:25 AM
suedeshoes

Would improve us by 50%. Best forward in the league. Absolutely understand the RVP comparison. He joins us or stays with Spurs though imo. Where else would he go?

Unread 08-01-2023, 02:50 AM
GBMUFC2020

Got 2 years at the most. Need to be buying 23-25 year olds

Unread 08-01-2023, 02:57 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I reckon the striker that contributed most to Blackburns title win was Eric. He doesn't go feet first into the crowd and we win another double that season.

Unread 08-01-2023, 05:31 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
none of which will likely ever be as good as 30 year old Kane. I think i’d make an exception for Kane. Zero questions about his attitude, application and adaptability (sessions) etc

Even teach Marcus to find the corners with both feet.

Look at his second goal v Palace midweek, he is absolutely class and probably even stale now there…if he moved…..

Unread 08-01-2023, 10:28 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
This is nonsense. Kane is renowned for his dedication, hard work and discipline both on and off the pitch. He isn’t reliant on pace either. He has 3-4 years in him easily.

Unread 08-01-2023, 12:09 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Did he ever sign a new contract with Spurs after his flirting with city last year?
No. He’s got 18 months left on his deal, so this coming summer is Spurs only chance of getting a fee for him.

What do we think he’d realistically cost, IF he dug his heels in and said he only wanted to join Utd? £75m?

Worth every penny.

On the flip side, PSG are reportedly trying to offload Neymar at a the moment for ~£60m & he’s 30 on huge money - I hope one of the clubs that would be interested in Kane take him and leave us a relatively free run.

Bayern have been mentioned a lot but I just can’t see him wanting to move abroad.

Unread 24-04-2023, 10:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Of course he would. You can barely prise him away from his spurs comfort blanket.

Unread 24-04-2023, 11:13 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
https://twitter.com/centredevils/sta...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Of course he would. You can barely prise him away from his spurs comfort blanket.
Reunited with Poch at Chelsea

Unread 25-04-2023, 07:26 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Reunited with Poch at Chelsea
Obvious appeal to stay in London but tarnish hos legacy not sure...

Unread 25-04-2023, 07:42 AM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Obvious appeal to stay in London but tarnish hos legacy not sure...
What legacy. He’s won £#%&! all with them

Unread 25-04-2023, 07:50 AM
puressence

not sure he'd join chelsea with the clubs rivalry , but then again i dont give a £#%&! .

Unread 25-04-2023, 10:33 AM
Lok

He has to leave Spurs. I think we're his only viable option and we need someone who can actually put the ball in the net.

As always, Levy will be the problem. Anything over £60m would be ridiculous so it'll be difficult.