United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-02-2015, 11:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I'm winding you up a bit Dunkage, but I have to say you hold onto a position in the face of contrary evidence like no other. I don't know whether to admire it or be appalled by it.
There is no contrary evidence is the point I'm open to having my mind changed at any point fwiw

Unread 09-02-2015, 11:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There is no contrary evidence is the point I'm open to having my mind changed at any point fwiw
By who, Derren Brown?

Unread 09-02-2015, 11:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
By who, Derren Brown?
Oh, he's got no chance.

Unread 09-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Unread 10-02-2015, 12:55 AM
Sparky***

Still utterly baffled how we racked up 5 bookings and 1 red card in that game yesterday and West Ham only managed to get 2 - one of which was the £#%&!ing goalkeeper for time wasting?

Then I remembered who was ref.

This was just hilariously shit refereeing; sakho just completely charging into Rojo and wiping him out.

Unread 10-02-2015, 04:05 AM
Denis Irwell

Don't think it's peculiar to Clattenberg, they're all terrified of being scrutinized by the media, who have now achieved what they set out to do, influencing refs. They're sick of us winning. I know we don't like conspiracies in case it makes us look rawkish, but it's gone way beyond the "it balances itself out over the season". Been happening for years, just more obvious now. Even at OT but worse away. There've always been a lot of ex-Arse and dippers in the media but it's £#%&!ing swamped with them now. Even allowing for the fact that every supporter thinks his side are hard done by, some things that have frequently gone on in recent years and do or don't get a mention in the media, depending on whether we are the offender or offended, are ridiculous. I don't think Clattenberg on Sunday was the worst we've seen recently, by a long way.

Unread 10-02-2015, 04:51 AM
billynomates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
I know we don't like conspiracies in case it makes us look rawkish, but...
Oh dear :shakehead:

Unread 10-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Tiberian

Did Clattenberg face any action for that Leicester game? His refereeing in that match was abysmal, especially the sequence that led to the penalty against Rafael, probably the worst 5 secs of officiating I can recall against Utd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Welbz had a better chance conversion rate that RvP last season iirc.
His finishing is really not the issue. He lacks the instincts of a goalscorer, always seems to be in the wrong spot when a ball comes across the box, very rarely gets the easy tap ins that account for a high percentage of most strikers goals. It would actually be a positive sign for his game if he was missing chance after chance.

Still a very good player.

Unread 10-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Did Clattenberg face any action for that Leicester game? His refereeing in that match was abysmal, especially the sequence that led to the penalty against Rafael, probably the worst 5 secs of officiating I can recall against Utd.
Yeah right. He was probably given a pay rise. What was amazing about that to me was the United fans having a go at Rafael even though he did literally nothing at all.

Unread 10-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Still utterly baffled how we racked up 5 bookings and 1 red card in that game yesterday and West Ham only managed to get 2 - one of which was the £#%&!ing goalkeeper for time wasting?

This was just hilariously shit refereeing; sakho just completely charging into Rojo and wiping him out.

https://twitter.com/SparkyMate/statu...70872879427585
That's £#%&!ing scandalous, Alex Song should have had about 7 bookings alone.

And the main footballing story in today's Mirror is?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...persie-5132056

Ycnmiu.

Unread 10-02-2015, 10:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

And the main footballing story in today's Mirror is?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...persie-5132056

Ycnmiu.
no mention of the fact that if tomkins had actually gone for the ball instead of charging into van persie under the flight of the ball, it wouldn't have happened?

Unread 10-02-2015, 10:43 AM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

https://twitter.com/SparkyMate/statu...70872879427585
And Rojo got booked for it

I am not one to criticise referees, its a hard job, it evens its self out etc etc

But Clattenburg was utter shite all match long, from having 'the bants' in the tunnel with the WH players before hand and right through the game. The man is Utter utter dirge.

Unread 10-02-2015, 10:51 AM
jem

west ham players played the man rather than the ball throughout the game. clattenburg just let it all go. he's a joke, but what is the point of complaining? it's not like his previous decisions in united games suggested anything else.

Unread 10-02-2015, 04:17 PM
red in cumbria

He's a mate of Steeeeeviiieeeee's, isn't he?

Unread 10-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
£#%&!ing mental isn't it. Rojo clearly controls the ball to his right, albeit a bit loosely, but then in comes Sakho like a £#%&!ing line-backer...wallop.