Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Brighton based footballer catches disease shocker
Jokes from the 80's cool...

Reported.

Unread 10-05-2020, 11:45 AM
Chris Quayd

Uefa dates released, we’re playing on August 6 apparently.

Unread 10-05-2020, 12:10 PM
Vedder

Desperate to hand Liverpool that title I hope the premier league implodes. Haven’t missed football one bit and I never thought I’d say that.

Unread 10-05-2020, 12:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Desperate to hand Liverpool that title I hope the premier league implodes. Haven’t missed football one bit and I never thought I’d say that.
They were always going to be made champions
This is the best possible way

Neutral venues with no crowds, limited physical contact between players, rule changes
Going to be a huge asterisk next to this season in the history books and no chance of a parade or even the fans and players celebrating winning it in the ground, just awkward silence
What a horrible way for those @#%&!s to end 30 years of hurt

Unread 10-05-2020, 01:00 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I wa looking up German shirts on kit bag the other night. Lad wants to follow Dortmund so were doing that, but wont be singing ynwa before games. Cant wait for next weekend tbh. Apparently they're still gonna go ahead and Dresden will just have to catch up

Unread 10-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Danoli

I suspect many players from relegation threatened clubs will test positive over the coming 8-10 weeks.

Unread 10-05-2020, 01:19 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I suspect many players from relegation threatened clubs will test positive over the coming 8-10 weeks.
What's worse? Cheating medical science, or cheating friends?

Unread 10-05-2020, 01:28 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
How exactly are they going to arrange this?

Are you seriously suggesting that they'll deliberately get infected or bribe the lab technicians carrying out the tests?

Unread 10-05-2020, 01:33 PM
CyrilSkeer

Yep. As suspected, scouse Twitter conspiracy theorists claiming that it either isn't true and it hasn't happened or that Brighton have intentionally put the life of one of their players at risk. Absolutely batshit mental.

Unread 10-05-2020, 01:56 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Jokes from the 80's cool...

Reported.
Right on, grass.

Unread 10-05-2020, 02:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Basically this

Haven’t even missed it tbh

Fed up with footballers, broadcasters, pundits and the people running the game.
It’s amazing isn’t it? I knew I didn’t feel the same way about the game now as I used to, but this situation has made it clear just how much. I think the only things that kept me watching pre covid were loyalty and habit.

Unread 10-05-2020, 04:11 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
How exactly are they going to arrange this?

Are you seriously suggesting that they'll deliberately get infected or bribe the lab technicians carrying out the tests?
Maybe I am being too cynical here...and maybe it’s coincidence that Dresden, bottom of Bundesliga 2 have their whole squad in self isolation and struggling Brighton have announced another of their players testing positive.

Not for one second do I believe that any club will deliberately infect one of their employees.

But given the money at stake it wouldn’t surprise me if clubs don’t tell the truth about tests.

Unread 10-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I wa looking up German shirts on kit bag the other night. Lad wants to follow Dortmund so were doing that, but wont be singing ynwa before games. Cant wait for next weekend tbh. Apparently they're still gonna go ahead and Dresden will just have to catch up
Not a bad idea that.

You must be £#%&!ing joking following those scouse bastards though. I will be cheering on the mighty MUNCHEN! (bayern).

Unread 10-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Switching Off

They might not get 14 clubs voting for PPG either. Fingers crossed voiding the season is the one option that gets a majority.

Unread 10-05-2020, 05:36 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Not a bad idea that.

You must be £#%&!ing joking following those scouse bastards though. I will be cheering on the mighty MUNCHEN! (bayern).
Was watching a lot of Bundesliga before the 'rona hit. Preferred it to the PL.

Union Berlin for me tho.

Unread 10-05-2020, 05:51 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Maybe I am being too cynical here...and maybe it’s coincidence that Dresden, bottom of Bundesliga 2 have their whole squad in self isolation and struggling Brighton have announced another of their players testing positive.

Not for one second do I believe that any club will deliberately infect one of their employees.

But given the money at stake it wouldn’t surprise me if clubs don’t tell the truth about tests.
Or get them all tested even with no symptoms in the hope they have it....

Just £#%&! it all off.

Unread 10-05-2020, 06:41 PM
utd99

Positive tests all over the shop. Not going to happen.

Unread 10-05-2020, 06:42 PM
Sparky***

why use neutral venues?

Unread 10-05-2020, 06:48 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
why use neutral venues?
To discourage fans from going and trying to force their way in?

City v Liverpool at villa park

Liverpool need a win for the title

Their fans are told not to travel, get drunk, or try and get into the ground by force

What could possibly go wrong?

Unread 10-05-2020, 06:49 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
why use neutral venues?
Police orders. Think they're trying to avoid grounds in the middle of towns.
Closed Thread