United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2020, 01:23 PM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Guarantee at least one player gets it. What then?
Corporate manslaughter charges against the PL if a player gets it and dies surely? How are you meant to tackle/close down? Or will we be looking at NBA type scoring?

Unread 30-04-2020, 01:32 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Corporate manslaughter charges against the PL if a player gets it and dies surely? How are you meant to tackle/close down? Or will we be looking at NBA type scoring?
Exactly as normal. All the players will be segregated from the rest of the population and tested regularly (tests that could be used for health and care workers incidentally).

The whole of the premier league will be operating in a bubble completely shut off from the outside world except via the medium of TV.

Business as usual really

Unread 30-04-2020, 01:40 PM
Big Norm

Jesus Christ.

Unread 30-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Hundreds of millions of pounds have flowed in to players pockets in part because of Bosman.

It would have happened anyway but you’d think there would be a whip round.
What am I supposed to do exactly?

Unread 30-04-2020, 01:43 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Christ on a bike. You slap riccers down for moaning about sources then quote the Graun.
No, I slapped him down for moaning about sources. Presuming English isn't your native tongue so gonna let this one pass. Think on.

Unread 30-04-2020, 02:11 PM
otbarney

They should treat it like a celebrity getting a degree for £#%&! all.
Liverpool PL Champions 2019 - 2020 (Honourary)

Unread 30-04-2020, 02:28 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Been sent this from a decent source. I know a regular PL photographer who has been asked about his availability. Don't shoot the messenger etc...

Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.
I’ve heard similar to this after asking about a bit.

Edit: Not sure on St George’s Park bit, but rest isn’t far off

Unread 30-04-2020, 02:33 PM
redhegemony

Tricky one this for the Gov given its £#%&! up over Cheltenham. The Gov cannot say its up to you to the PL so will have to give its blessing and high risk if anything goes wrong + the outrage across lots of society. Not a great political move.

Unread 30-04-2020, 02:48 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Guarantee at least one player gets it. What then?
Bundled off to hospital, mass testing, carry on.

If tests are available to buy wholesale at that point, the PL will just buy hundreds of thousands.

Unread 30-04-2020, 03:33 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Been sent this from a decent source. I know a regular PL photographer who has been asked about his availability. Don't shoot the messenger etc...

Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may.

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live.

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.
Mental if true.

Unread 30-04-2020, 03:41 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Christ on a bike. You slap riccers down for moaning about sources then quote the Graun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
No, I slapped him down for moaning about sources. Presuming English isn't your native tongue so gonna let this one pass. Think on.
Think on yourself you thick @#%&!.

Unread 30-04-2020, 03:46 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 30-04-2020, 04:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Mental if true.
Completely

Can’t imagine all the players being happy with leaving their family’s for that length of time, especially at such strange and difficult times?

Dislike the game at top level even more after this pandemic tbh.

Unread 30-04-2020, 04:49 PM
tatty

PSG awarded title.

Unread 30-04-2020, 04:57 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
It’s such a pointless league they might as well just do this every year from now.

Unread 30-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
ric-rattled

Unread 30-04-2020, 05:13 PM
Pop

Mayor of Liverpool....

Quote:
Even if it was behind closed doors, there'd be many thousands of people who would turn up outside Anfield. There's not many people who would respect what we were saying and stay away from the ground, a lot of people would come to celebrate so I think it's a non-starter.

I think it would be really difficult for the police to keep people apart and maintain social distancing if they were going to celebrate outside Anfield, it would be farcical.

The police are right to be concerned about that as we are here in the city, and public health officials are also concerned about that, so we'd ask the Premier League and government to take into account all of these concerns that we have.

I think the best thing to do is to actually end the season.
Liverpool FC...

Quote:
As a club, we are aware of and disappointed by comments attributed to mayor Joe Anderson.

As well as a lack of evidence to support such claims, we would also point to recent discussions with mayor Anderson relating to the possibility of any behind-closed-doors football, which concluded that it is important that key stakeholders across the city continue to engage and work collaboratively.

In recent weeks, we have engaged with supporters’ groups who have informed us of their determination to respect social distancing measures and, in the event of a resumption of football being announced, we would continue to work with them and other key stakeholders in keeping with our collective desire to achieve this crucial objective.

In the meantime, our primary focus remains responding to the humanitarian crisis which continues to unfold and in particular providing ongoing support to various NHS initiatives and those experiencing food poverty and social isolation.
I'm shocked the @#%&!s didn't drop a H-bomb into their statement.

Unread 30-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Mayor of Liverpool....

Liverpool FC...

I'm shocked the @#%&!s didn't drop a H-bomb into their statement.
Might undermine their claims that there no evidence they would congregate in close proximity.

Put that safe standing thing on facebook yesterday and one commented "staying out of this for obvious reasons".

Unread 30-04-2020, 05:51 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Not my fault he can't read.

Unread 30-04-2020, 06:27 PM
The taste of...

Quote:

Did a job today with a guy who is the son in law of a PL club assistant manager. No names.

The info is spot on

June 8th pencilled in. Players tested twice a week clubs taking over whole hotels for lockdown between games.

The lad I worked with said the money is too insane for it not to be done

@#%&!s
Closed Thread