United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2020, 11:31 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Apart from anything else Gordon Taylor is bloody ancient now, isn't it time he handed over to someone else?
tbh I don't think a younger union leader, unless he's appointed by the pl, is going to argue for wage cuts

Unread 03-04-2020, 04:40 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
games in china against bats.
FA cup final played in Wuhan

"It had nothing to do with the money. It was simply the best logistical option"

Agree with Pop. Would be nice if this led to some kind of reboot.

Unread 03-04-2020, 07:30 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

"It is of paramount importance that even a disruptive event like this epidemic does not prevent our competitions from being decided on the field, in accordance with their rules and that all sporting titles are awarded on the basis of results," it states.

"As responsible leaders in our sport, this is what we must ensure, until the last possibility exists and whilst planning, operational and regulatory solutions are available.
State of part of UEFA's statement.

Calling the epidemic a 'disruptive event' getting in the way of their precious leagues. Clubs and competitions are committing PR suicide at the moment. Lack of self awareness is staggering.

£#%&! off.

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:02 AM
5 Cantona's

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Calling the epidemic a 'disruptive event' getting in the way of their previous leagues. Clubs and competitions are committing PR suicide at the moment. Lack of self awareness is staggering.

f*** off.
Seriously considering £#%&!ing football off after all this.

Not really missing it, this whole carry on is so predictable.

Sickening.

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:08 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's
Seriously considering f***ing football off after all this.

Not really missing it, this whole carry on is so predictable.

Sickening.
Sort of agree. I was missing it a lot up until they started wittering on and on about having to get the competition finished. Can safely say hand on heart that I don’t know one person who gives a shit about the Premier League right now, and I’m including a couple of Liverpool fans in that. Most people are more concerned about their livelihoods and families.

As has been suggested, cut their wages and use some of the obscene money they earn to help fund the fight against the virus.

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:21 AM
redhegemony

Think Levy and Ashley have completely misread this. Utter £#%&!wits - Spurs finances must be looking very grim....

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:28 AM
red red robbo

Quote:

Calling the epidemic a 'disruptive event' getting in the way of their previous leagues. Clubs and competitions are committing PR suicide at the moment. Lack of self awareness is staggering.

£#%&! off.
I took that to mean that if anyone is going to be awarded anything it will only be down to results on the pitch, not some kind of agreement between clubs.

I don't think it necessarily meant they must finish the leagues no matter what.

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:44 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I took that to mean that if anyone is going to be awarded anything it will only be down to results on the pitch, not some kind of agreement between clubs.

I don't think it necessarily meant they must finish the leagues no matter what.
I only posted past of the letter.

They still plan to finish the seasons.

'Revealed: European leagues planning for July restart'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11967732

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:54 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
I only posted past of the letter.

They still plan to finish the seasons.

'Revealed: European leagues planning for July restart'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11967732
They've got to have a plan in place, no problem with that. So long as they don't push ahead when it is clearly not safe to do so like the horse racing mongs did

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:56 AM
barca99

If the season is scrapped and Liverpool are handed the title we all know (them included) that they didn't actually win it.

Of course no trophy is the best scenario but even still them been given the trophy anyway would be classic scouse.

Basically one of the best things to happen to hem in 30 years isn't actually real and never actually happened - i'll take that.

It would never go away from them, they can say all they like they would have won it, but we will never know. It also opens a huge can of worms for other English leagues as well as other positions up for grabs, have we finished 5th then? CL here we come?

Whole thing is £#%&!ing stupid, which is why it will probably happen.

Unread 03-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Sandman

Next thing they'll be talking about playing this season out, while simultaneously playing next season

Just cancel the £#%&!ing season. There's no saying how long it will be before football can resume as normal.

Unread 03-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Stickman

I’m actually enjoying the powers that be squirming over their product going down the shitter.

Unread 03-04-2020, 10:59 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’m actually enjoying the powers that be squirming over their product going down the shitter.
Indeed. Great to see journalists, well Oliver "Ollie" Holt, wading in as well absolutely furious that footballers are being called out to do more and accept lower wages. Burn the lot down the shithouse bastards

Unread 03-04-2020, 11:02 AM
windy waffles

Fold the game.

Unread 03-04-2020, 11:55 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Fold the game.
It's not competitive origami mate.

Unread 03-04-2020, 12:00 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
It's not competitive origami mate.
Shame, we’ve got a decent squad on paper....

Unread 03-04-2020, 12:19 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Shame, we’ve got a decent squad on paper....

Unread 03-04-2020, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Think Levy and Ashley have completely misread this. Utter £#%&!wits - Spurs finances must be looking very grim....
Well, who could ever have imagined that?

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:05 PM
elhombre

I made this point today and other people who are sports coaches/sports scientists agreed:

I've done triathlon and endurance sports for 30 years - including stuff like ironman. i'm also a sports coach - the fitness and conditioning level of a top footballer is ludicrious, hand on heart, i couldn't play 90 mins of football at any level. i'd be in bits. it's a very specific type of fitness and conditioning.

athletes like ronaldo, pogba, rashford etc. will lose fitness massively or at least their relative levels.

you're looking at 3 months to get match fit again.

then you're asking them to play 2 games in 7 days minimum over a prologned period...

they'll be in bits.

surely this will be written off until august, full stop??

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:14 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
I made this point today and other people who are sports coaches/sports scientists agreed:

I've done triathlon and endurance sports for 30 years - including stuff like ironman. i'm also a sports coach - the fitness and conditioning level of a top footballer is ludicrious, hand on heart, i couldn't play 90 mins of football at any level. i'd be in bits. it's a very specific type of fitness and conditioning.

athletes like ronaldo, pogba, rashford etc. will lose fitness massively or at least their relative levels.

you're looking at 3 months to get match fit again.

then you're asking them to play 2 games in 7 days minimum over a prologned period...

they'll be in bits.

surely this will be written off until august, full stop??
Yep. United’s medics have told them they think it will be September before they play again, so you’re not far off.
Closed Thread