United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Watford fan mate of mine says he misses more than he scores.

Will fit right in.
You say some pretty stupid things but christ, this is right up there.

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:11 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:12 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Could have bought a tramp for 8 million.
Liverpool have done this over the past few years and their stop gaps turned into handy squad players. I still think Origi is utter £#%&! but now hes an important member of their squad (yes, hes younger). Klopp still uses Lallana - hes never been any good but popped up against us to get them a lucky draw. He also comes on here and there as a decent squad player for them. Klopps had a few stop gaps that have helped to build what he has now.

My point is, its better to have someone than nobody. Let's be honest, those last 20 minutes against City, I'd have killed to have Ighalo up front. Something we just haven't got as a plan B.

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:23 AM
barca99

Sky saying everything we do is short term

AWB
James
Maguire
Bruno

He will give his all and will be desperate to prove people wrong

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
odion? rank.
Odious. Odeon.

I'll allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I hear the phones echoing tonight
But ole hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
He's coming in, 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide him towards salvation
I stopped Ed Woodward along the way
Hoping to hear we'd signed Messi or even Dries Mertens
He turned to me as if to say
"Hurry boy, Odion's waiting there for you"

It's gonna take a lot to drag us away from you
You are our man from Africa oh Ighalo
I bless the goals down at the Stretford End
Gonna take some time to do the things we never have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:42 AM
redredemption77

He will mentally take the pressure off Martial (pressure Big Tony very clearly wilts under), even if hes crap- our attention will be drawn toward him. This will detract from Martial and he will fluorish down that left flank, knee sliding into the Stretford end as he bags 14 in 14. Ighalo being the top red he is, will take one for the team in his Lukaku/donkey comparisons but behind the scenes be kept sweet by Oles scalp ruffle. We will get 4th. Onward

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:50 AM
AK14

Think he’ll turn out to be a decent signing tbh and can see us signing him on a permanent basis in the summer along with a first choice striker.

Won’t be long and he’ll push Martial out to the left.

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Red Santos

Replacing Lukaku with Ighalo

Talk about a downgrade.

Good luck to him anyway

Unread 01-02-2020, 10:54 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Pure?

Unread 01-02-2020, 11:00 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I hear the phones echoing tonight
But ole hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
He's coming in, 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide him towards salvation
I stopped Ed Woodward along the way
Hoping to hear we'd signed Messi or even Dries Mertens
He turned to me as if to say
"Hurry boy, Odion's waiting there for you"

It's gonna take a lot to drag us away from you
You are our man from Africa oh Ighalo
I bless the goals down at the Stretford End
Gonna take some time to do the things we never have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY
£#%&! off

Unread 01-02-2020, 11:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I know i'm a bit of a doomlord and we all laugh at the "fold the club" bants on here...

but f***ing hell the various window lickers and assembled mongs on Sky talking about this 6 month loan like we've just signed someone from the dog n duck on a 10 year deal and given them 100k a week..

"Desperation" "shows that they're not at the top any more"

Who exactly else were we supposed to sign as a striker? Not exactly a world of short-term options out there.

Charlie Nicholas called it "alarming" and Klingon headed bert Joleon Lescott says "we're doing everything for the short term"...

Literally one day after we signed a 24 yr old portugal international.

What a load of hysterical shite.
Yep, said as much on here last night.

There's some seriously disingenuous arguments coming out.

He's a short-term stop gap and a low risk option. Pundits pretending this is how all our dealings have been under Ole.

Apart from this signing, which is a reaction to a squad emergency, it's quite clear on the 'profile' of player we're after.

James, AWB, Maguire and Bruno are clearly with the long-term in mind.

They also love contradicting themselves. In one gleefully pointing out how far we've fallen and then pointing out Ighalo isn't up standard.

Which is it?

Putting SSN on is really bad for your health. Mark Hughes didnt seem too bad, but the rest were jabbering idiots.

Sky's entire soccer Saturday crew are morons. Charlie Nicholas may well be the worst of the lot because he thinks he's smart.

Merson at least knows he's a bridge troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Replacing Lukaku with Ighalo

Talk about a downgrade.

Good luck to him anyway
That's not what we've done.

Unread 01-02-2020, 11:40 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep, said as much on here last night.

There's some seriously disingenuous arguments coming out.

He's a short-term stop gap and a low risk option. Pundits pretending this is how all our dealings have been under Ole.

Apart from this signing, which is a reaction to a squad emergency, it's quite clear on the 'profile' of player we're after.

James, AWB, Maguire and Bruno are clearly with the long-term in mind.

They also love contradicting themselves. In one gleefully pointing out how far we've fallen and then pointing out Ighalo isn't up standard.

Which is it?

Putting SSN on is really bad for your health. Mark Hughes didnt seem too bad, but the rest were jabbering idiots.

Sky's entire soccer Saturday crew are morons. Charlie Nicholas may well be the worst of the lot because he thinks he's smart.

Merson at least knows he's a bridge troll.

That's not what we've done.
They stoke fans anger and annoyance by constantly portraying us as a badly run mess that is only ever going one way and then they go all helen lovejoy when we turn on the chief exec

Unread 01-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Pop

Merson is a suicidal alcoholic who as recently as 12 months ago tried to top himself.

And he's a @#%&! to boot.

That's the calibre of pundit we have to listen to nowadays. The rest of the Soccer Saturday mob are a shower of tragic mid-life crisis bargain bucket £#%&!ers. I've always hated them.

Unread 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredemption77
He will mentally take the pressure off Martial (pressure Big Tony very clearly wilts under), even if hes crap- our attention will be drawn toward him. This will detract from Martial and he will fluorish down that left flank, knee sliding into the Stretford end as he bags 14 in 14. Ighalo being the top red he is, will take one for the team in his Lukaku/donkey comparisons but behind the scenes be kept sweet by Oles scalp ruffle. We will get 4th. Onward
alternatively, bruno will give up on playing delicious through balls and crosses after two games and will start shooting from the half-way line.

Unread 01-02-2020, 12:09 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
merson is a suicidal alcoholic who as recently as 12 months ago tried to top himself.

That's the calibre of pundit we have to listen to nowadays. The rest of the soccer saturday mob are a shower of tragic mid-life crisis bargain bucket £#%&!ers. I've always hated them.

Unread 01-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
alternatively, bruno will give up on playing delicious through balls and crosses after two games and will start shooting from the half-way line.
Win/Win

Unread 01-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Merson is a suicidal alcoholic who as recently as 12 months ago tried to top himself.

That's the calibre of pundit we have to listen to nowadays. The rest of the Soccer Saturday mob are a shower of tragic mid-life crisis bargain bucket £#%&!ers. I've always hated them.

Unread 01-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Mr_Ed

Not sure if mentioned yet but it's not the first time we've done it... back in a different era of course:

https://www.planetfootball.com/nosta...hester-united/

Unread 01-02-2020, 12:54 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Not sure if mentioned yet but it's not the first time we've done it... back in a different era of course:

https://www.planetfootball.com/nosta...hester-united/
First thing that came to my mind.

This is a good signing, and the idiots that are bashing the club for binning Lukaku and signing Ighalo have no clue.

Lukaku was dumped because he was mentally weak for this club, didn't fit the style of play, and was blocking Greenwood's progression.

Since he's gone, Rashford has continued developing into a top-class forward, and Greenwood has now scored 10 goals in 31 appearances for the first team this season.

It's clear that the club see Rashford and Greenwood as the future, and with Rashford's injury, we were light up top, so makes perfect sense to bring in a loan player, who also has pace, presence and Premier League experience.

His stats show that he's scored once every 2.5 games at club level, and once every 2 games at international level. Pretty decent. I'm not expecting him to set the world alight, but cover for Rashford, and a handful of goals between now and the end of the season would be good. The club really needs to make a big call in the summer on whether Martial is moved on and we bring in a new striker or not, as Greenwood will still need another season to grow into the first team IMO.
Closed Thread