Closed Thread

Unread 28-09-2015, 01:38 PM
TheFatGoth

Default Jack Grealish picks England

But will England pick him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34382195

Unread 28-09-2015, 01:42 PM
MrBishi

I'd say it makes sense 'cos it's not like he's got much competition.

Vardy for ffs

Unread 28-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Ginners

Not a difficult decision is it

He's going to be a very good player

Unread 28-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Yeah nothing to do with the fact he might actually get to play in some world cups and euro championships .

Also, he's English. Born in England. Raised in England. English. Simple as.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:04 PM
naes_sean

thank god!

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Reno

Hope he keeps on with the kids shin pads and the socks rolled down. Will become a trend if / when he 'makes it'

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Pop

Devastating news tbh.

Best of luck to the boy though. Can see him captaining England to multiple World and European Cups.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah nothing to do with the fact he might actually get to play in some world cups and euro championships .

Also, he's English. Born in England. Raised in England. English. Simple as.
Ahem.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Devastating news tbh.

Best of luck to the boy though. Can see him captaining England to multiple World and European Cups.
Tony Cascarino and Andy Townsend are devastated to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Ahem.

Ahem what? Who gives a £#%&! about cricket, tennis and £#%&!ing running ffs?

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Pop

Quote:
Tony Cascarino and Andy Townsend are devastated to be sure.
Townsend would have won you the WC, tbs tbs.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:15 PM
itisme_panaflex

Commercial sense

Would win nothing with either choice anyway.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Big Norm

Quote:

Ahem what? Who gives a £#%&! about cricket, tennis and £#%&!ing running ffs?
Merely pointing out that where someone is born, brought up etc. has no relevance whatsoever to the country they end up representing in their chosen sport.

Oh and

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Zorg

Absolutely no idea who he is but delighted obviously

elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Townsend would have won you the WC, tbs tbs.
yeah and England have an Irishman as their cricket captain

guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Commercial sense

Would win nothing with either choice anyway.
English quotas. City will buy him, give him £200k a week and bench him. What a life.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Merely pointing out that where someone is born, brought up etc. has no relevance whatsoever to the country they end up representing in their chosen sport.
Well obviously it £#%&!ing does because the vast majority of sports people do end up representing the country they were born and brought up in.

You can post as many pictures as you like of other athletes that isn't going to change my original point which is that Jack Grealish isn't irish, his parents aren't irish, he's never even lived in Ireland.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:23 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
English quotas. City will buy him, give him £200k a week and bench him. What a life.
Good point actually.

Quote:
Well obviously it £#%&!ing does because the vast majority of sports people do end up representing the country they were born and brought up in.

You can post as many pictures as you like of other athletes that isn't going to change my original point which is that Jack Grealish isn't irish, his parents aren't irish, he's never even lived in Ireland.

It obviously wasn't a quick decision for him and he represented ireland at international level already. Aswel as playing gaa.

I would have declared for England if i was him. But it's not really up to some flag proud dope to tell him which was the right choice.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:34 PM
andyroo

Not sure how many caps he'll get, but then again surely that just proves he's chosen for the right reasons. Good luck to him anyway. Whoever he is.

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Good point actually.

It obviously wasn't a quick decision for him and he represented ireland at international level already. Aswel as playing gaa.

I would have declared for England if i was him. But it's not really up to some flag proud dope to tell him which was the right choice.
"flag proud".

You don't know me at all.
Closed Thread