United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:47 PM
dunk

Get him a rubber tendon? See if we can speed him up?

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:48 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Still feel he’s had a bit of a sliding door moment at united - it could have worked out for him if x and y had fallen into place. As it is, he was horrifically managed by Ole, hasn’t delivered in the rare times he’s had a chance to and has obviously suffered from a lack of confidence because of all that.

I’m not saying he would have been an obvious success and it probably isn’t ever going to work out if the difference between success or failure is so fragile but he’s had zero luck and very little support.

Really feel for him
Or maybe he's just crap?

Classic Woodward knows best signing.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Still feel he’s had a bit of a sliding door moment at united - it could have worked out for him if x and y had fallen into place. As it is, he was horrifically managed by Ole, hasn’t delivered in the rare times he’s had a chance to and has obviously suffered from a lack of confidence because of all that.

I’m not saying he would have been an obvious success and it probably isn’t ever going to work out if the difference between success or failure is so fragile but he’s had zero luck and very little support.

Really feel for him
Really feel for him, hate to see players get major injuries, but he's just not got the required athleticim for the PL and isn't sufficiently talented to make up for it. Nobody's fault, just not good enough.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Really feel for him
OGS should be in the Hauge for how he treated a champions league, ballon d'Or nominee, 40 goal scorer post paris...

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:52 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Or maybe he's just crap?

Classic Woodward knows best signing.
Please stop this. There is simply no way Woodward decided on a whim to buy him, Ed would struggle to name three Dutch teams he was clearly recommended by someone at the club.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Please stop this. There is simply no way Woodward decided on a whim to buy him, Ed would struggle to name three Dutch teams he was clearly recommended by someone at the club.
Wonder how he was scouted

He was one of the best in Europe the year before....

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:53 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Well Solskjaer certainly didn't sign him.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:54 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Or maybe he's just crap?
Well when I saw him at Ajax, he was instrumental to their ultra fast one touch stuff and people who watch that league more than you or I do rated him. He came to united and our style of play slowed him down - more about physical speed and strength rather than mental. He was looking for tight space one touch stuff whilst our midfield was sand wedging balls across the field playing at very slow pace. We still do that now.

But yeah, it doesn’t look like it will work out for him but I don’t think that’s all down to him being crap. In fact better players than Danny haven’t made it at united. There’s a player in there somewhere but there’s no chance we’re finding it anytime soon.

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Coracao

He's nowhere near good enough

Unread 05-01-2023, 09:59 PM
Finport Red

A pity. I had high hope ETH would turn him into a player again.

Unread 05-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Well when I saw him at Ajax, he was instrumental to their ultra fast one touch stuff and people who watch that league more than you or I do rated him. He came to united and our style of play slowed him down - more about physical speed and strength rather than mental. He was looking for tight space one touch stuff whilst our midfield was sand wedging balls across the field playing at very slow pace. We still do that now.

But yeah, it doesn’t look like it will work out for him but I don’t think that’s all down to him being crap. In fact better players than Danny haven’t made it at united. There’s a player in there somewhere but there’s no chance we’re finding it anytime soon.
Davvy Klassen looked good in that league. So did Antony

Unread 06-01-2023, 08:31 AM
windy waffles

Looks like he won a competition.

And has now lucked out.

Bye.

Unread 06-01-2023, 08:42 AM
believe

Quote:
Davvy Klassen looked good in that league. So did Antony
So did Van gaal

Wouldn’t wish injury like this on anyone and hope he recovers well from it. Not a chance he’ll return to United though or anyone in this league for that matter. Probably end up back at Ajax.

Unread 06-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Stickman

way too indie a signing to have been Woodwards...

Unread 06-01-2023, 09:42 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
way too indie a signing to have been Woodwards...
Can imagine van der Sar offering him to United at a price Utd thought was worth a flutter.

Unread 06-01-2023, 09:54 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Can imagine van der Sar offering him to United at a price Utd thought was worth a flutter.
Yeah - was probs ole and van der sar. Talking of fluttering, I do remember a few alarm bells going off when van der sar wrote his toe curling ‘wellin’ up la’ goodbye note: ‘you once was a caterpillar but this club developed you and you now have beauty and colour and grace and we gave you wings and with those wings you soared high above and showed yourself to be a beautiful butterfly but also strong like an eagle. So in effect a butterfly eagle and that is what I will remember you as my sweetness.’

Was most alarmed that van der sar had so misread United’s support for Liverpool’s as it was truly vomit inducing. Think he signed off by saying that we ‘had to take very good care of him’.

Yeah, about that taking good care of him bit……

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:00 AM
dunk

Ole wanted Grealish, Villa stayed up and put the price up to £80m. We bought Beek instead

The sliding doors moment is probably that ridiculous ‘goal’ not given that saw Villa stay up. They go down and Grealish is in red and Beek is nowhere to be seen..

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Denis Irwell

Nothing makes sense about this signing, other than Ole being totally clueless. Initially thought Woodward but no way. We were so disjointed, Worst United team ever. At least, despite their lower position, the post Busby team was just full of shit players. I reckon Ole thought here was a player to come along and magically knit it altogether for him because he didn’t have a clue how. A modern Gerry Daly.

Shame for the lad but he won’t go hungry.

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:21 AM
History

Wait. THAT was Van De Beek? Getting injured? Thought I recognised him

Unread 06-01-2023, 10:23 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Nothing makes sense about this signing, other than Ole being totally clueless. Initially thought Woodward but no way. We were so disjointed, Worst United team ever. At least, despite their lower position, the post Busby team was just full of shit players. I reckon Ole thought here was a player to come along and magically knit it altogether for him because he didn’t have a clue how. A modern Gerry Daly.

Shame for the lad but he won’t go hungry.
He wasn’t oles signing. Ole would have played him more. We needed a “midfielder” vds probably offered him and Woodward the @#%&! lapped it up.

Worth noting this signing took about three days. Normally you get oles targets leaked, then about 6 months of whether they should be signed or not.