United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-07-2023, 01:22 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No you wouldn’t. You’d say 19 clean sheets means nothing and he should have created more goals for us.
When Dave is good he’s very good - but his poor games seem to be getting more frequent. I thought he was fantastic and at his most consistent under LVG, which I think might be laughed at on here.

Genuinely don’t hate him in the same way others do, I just think his time is up.

Unread 04-07-2023, 01:24 PM
jem

no one would be sorry to see de gea go, if we get a decent replacement.

is onana a decent replacement? it really shouldn't be too much to ask for a keeper to stop a few shots.

Unread 04-07-2023, 01:27 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
When Dave is good he’s very good - but his poor games seem to be getting more frequent. I thought he was fantastic and at his most consistent under LVG, which I think might be laughed at on here.

Genuinely don’t hate him in the same way others do, I just think his time is up.
I think we all do, it will just be quite amusing to see the narrative change now. Literally in a week we’ve gone from “we need a modern keeper who is good with his feet” to “if he can just stop some goals we’ll be good”

Unread 04-07-2023, 01:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
I remember the old days when a goalkeeper's job was to keep clean sheets and make saves. Modern football eh?
Clean sheets are the responsibility of the whole defence. Nobody holds it against a keeper when a defender doesn’t do their job. We hold it against the defence when the keeper doesn’t do his and give the keeper the credit when they do though, apparently.

Unread 04-07-2023, 01:30 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think we all do, it will just be quite amusing to see the narrative change now. Literally in a week we’ve gone from “we need a modern keeper who is good with his feet” to “if he can just stop some goals we’ll be good”
no. we need a modern keeper who is good with his feet, but it shouldn't be too much to expect him to stop some goals as well.

Unread 04-07-2023, 01:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Clean sheets are the responsibility of the whole defence. Nobody holds it against a keeper when a defender doesn’t do their job. We hold it against the defence when the keeper doesn’t do his and give the keeper the credit when they do though, apparently.
Tbh I blame Harry Maguire but he didn’t play much last season.

Unread 04-07-2023, 07:52 PM
marlo

Unread 04-07-2023, 09:57 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
2023 De Gea is neither.

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Ethers

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:15 AM
Vedder

This should get done soon. Inter can’t dictate £#%&! all. They still owe us about 40m for Lukaku ffs

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Of all the bullshitting Twitter gimps, Romano is one of the better, less hysterical ones.

Hopefully there’s some truth to this and it gets done…..and sort this ridiculous de gea situation out. And by ‘sort out’, I mean never speak to him again,

Unread 05-07-2023, 10:38 AM
armchair

3:50 in

AJAX FANS DEMAND GOALKEEPER DOES NOT PLAY FOR THEM AGAIN
https://onefootball.com/en/news/ajax...again-34910641
Quote:
In response, the Ajax supporters groups have said: “Onana spoke in the media with insulting words about Ajax supporters.

“He also did not want to celebrate the victory with his teammates which visibly irritated players like Daley Blind and Davy Klaassen – players who have always supported him.

“This selfish behaviour of Onana cannot be separated from his very poor performance. The ‘keeper clearly no longer cares about Ajax and his teammates and we no longer care about him/

“So it would make sense not to see him on the pitch for the remainder of this season.”

Unread 05-07-2023, 11:57 AM
The Judge

I don't think my heart can take a dribbling keeper tbh

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Seems we’re only about £5m apart on valuation. Surely this gets done.

£100m for him and Mount. Fire Fred off into the sun and get Arambat. Ditch Henderson off at Forest for £20m. Sell some dregs at £10-15m a pop and get that spotty Dane. That’s a decent summer considering the Glazers won’t flush.

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:22 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

£100m for him and Mount. Fire Fred off into the sun and get Arambat. Ditch Henderson off at Forest for £20m. Sell some dregs at £10-15m a pop and get that spotty Dane. That’s a decent summer considering the Glazers won’t flush.
Onana
Mount
Unproven young lad who scored 9 goals last season?

Hardly groundbreaking stuff...

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Onana
Mount

Good job nobody called it groundbreaking then innit 👍

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:52 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Started off needing 2 strikers, 1 defensive midfielder (stop teams walking through our midfield) and a competent keeper.

Your decent summer leaves us needing exactly what we needed at the beginning

Unread 05-07-2023, 01:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Started off needing 2 strikers, 1 defensive midfielder (stop teams walking through our midfield) and a competent keeper.

Your decent summer leaves us needing exactly what we needed at the beginning
It leaves us needing all of it if you don’t think any of the signings are any good.

Which, SHOCKINGLY, you don’t.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on Mount if he went to Liverpool, playing under that manager who wanted him and has an ‘eye for talent’.

Unread 05-07-2023, 03:15 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Onana
Mount

Yeah because big signings have gone so well for us in the past

Unread 05-07-2023, 03:40 PM
armchair

Very easy to imagine this guy has a couple of disasters and then we never see him again.