United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:09 PM
armchair

Default Ryan Giggs: Winning the Premier League and Champions League with Manchester United - Masterclass

We're kind of lucky Giggs is Dan James' other manager imo

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Ethers

Cheers. Good watch.

Mad how everyone seemed to decide he was thick and hadn’t a clue tactically based on, erm, that team talk video.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Lok

He might not be thick but christ he's boring. His voice really grates.

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:44 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He might not be thick but christ he's boring. His voice really grates.
I normally find him very bland but i enjoyed that vid. Seemed to be talking about the football i know rather than xG stats etc

Unread 01-11-2019, 09:52 PM
Lok

The video is good. But he's devoid of any character.

Unread 01-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I normally find him very bland but i enjoyed that vid. Seemed to be talking about the football i know rather than xG stats etc
Yep. Great watch that.

Unread 01-11-2019, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Cheers. Good watch.

Mad how everyone seemed to decide he was thick and hadn’t a clue tactically based on, erm, that team talk video.
Well, you can't blame people seeing that as evidence really.

Unread 02-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Hands of Scone

The neck on this one. A “moyes masterclass”

Unread 02-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
https://youtu.be/DgrvyPc8w-E

The neck on this one. A “moyes masterclass”
“So tell me about the famous Fulham game.....”

“Aye, so what we were trying to do there is get the ball into these kind of areas....”

*picks up handful of tiddlywinks and throws them in the general direction of the opposition goal*

Unread 02-11-2019, 08:56 AM
waynes ear's

Disgusting bastard. Great player. Not watching

Unread 02-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
https://youtu.be/PEwMi4MwULA

We're kind of lucky Giggs is Dan James' other manager imo
That would be interesting if it wasnt him.

We were a simple team weren't we?

Just good players all trusting each other, playing to their strengths.

He knows Hughes will hold it up. He knows Eric, Scholes and Becks will find him from anywhere. He knows Irwin will overlap.

I wonder how many of our current lot trust their counterparts in those kinds of scenarios

Unread 03-11-2019, 01:16 AM
utd99

I’m waiting for the Lumsden Masterclass.

Unread 04-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Cream

Rio losing to Barcelona Disasterclass

Unread 04-11-2019, 11:10 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Disasterclass

tickled me more than it should have

Unread 04-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
That would be interesting if it wasnt him.

We were a simple team weren't we?

Just good players all trusting each other, playing to their strengths.

He knows Hughes will hold it up. He knows Eric, Scholes and Becks will find him from anywhere. He knows Irwin will overlap.

I wonder how many of our current lot trust their counterparts in those kinds of scenarios
Football is a pretty simple game. There's a modern desire to make it look complicated and to over analyse it. It's odd.

Unread 04-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Football is a pretty simple game. There's a modern desire to make it look complicated and to over analyse it. It's odd.
There is a modern desire that inevitably turns almost everything to shit. But whats incredible, is under every manager since Fergie, we've looked how England did for decades, disjointed.
Nobody makes runs, passes and moves, its not fluid, players look surprised and awkward, nobody is arriving into areas they should, nobody is looking, expecting, wanting, playing that final ball, they dont want to play football, they dont want to move through the gears, nobody is facing goal, nobody on the half turn.
When I watch other sides, that a lot of people would say have even less quality than we do, they are fluid from back to front, front to back, they transition smoothly attacking and defending, its instinctive, fluid, natural, positive.
Then I watch us, and its like we've got 5 Matic's, and 5 Fellaini's on the pitch.

Unread 04-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Rio losing to Barcelona Disasterclass

https://youtu.be/ahUtoY5z5Zo
Not available in my country. In your face, Frogson.

Unread 04-11-2019, 12:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Then I watch us, and its like we've got 5 Matic's, and 5 Fellaini's on the pitch.
sadly, not even one matic.

Unread 04-11-2019, 01:27 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Well, this team is automatic, it's systematic, it's hydromatic
Why it's Greased Lightning!

Unread 04-11-2019, 05:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m waiting for the Lumsden Masterclass.
He is still Wee Jimmy on Wikipedia
Closed Thread