United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2010, 07:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

Default When did Cantona get Sky

@#%&!s to drop the Dippers segment of his advert

don't have Sky at home or would have noticed sooner, did he not realise it would piss United fans off

awaits COMS sized iceberg etc

Unread 06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

don't have Sky at home or would have noticed sooner, did he not realise it would piss United fans off

It hasn't been dropped, I had to endure it yesterday, they just show the shortened version more often!

I love Eric, even have cantona 7 tatt but he def gone down in my estimation for doing it!

Unread 06-08-2010, 07:56 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
It hasn't been dropped, I had to endure it yesterday, they just show the shortened version more often!

I love Eric, even have cantona 7 tatt but he def gone down in my estimation for doing it!
really I've seen it on TV a lot these last 2 weeks and defo haven't seen the Vermin version...it starts with federer and there's a golf bit att the end instead

he still shouldn't have done it

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
wiganste

I haven't seen the ad and I've no desire to either.

But his legend status is still intact for me and I don't really care what he's said in a commercial.

I'd say I enjoyed 2005 for a couple of million.

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

But his legend status is still intact for me and I don't really care what he's said in a commercial.

don't think he would have got a couple of million nowehere near

just strange that with a United legend that they didn't think to pick the 1999 European Cup final, after all it was a little bit better than 2005

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:13 PM
wiganste

Quote:
don't think he would have got a couple of million nowehere near

just strange that with a United legend that they didn't think to pick the 1999 European Cup final, after all it was a little bit better than 2005
The 99 final wasn't on sky - I know what you mean, the 2008 final should have been a shoe in

Like I said, £#%&! it. He got paid for it. He got paid for saying a few words. Easy £#%&!ing money

If someone slipped me £500, I'd go on tape and say scousers are salt of the earth. Off camera I'd swill my mouth with bleach

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
The 99 final wasn't on sky - I know what you mean, the 2008 final should have been a shoe in

Like I said, £#%&! it. He got paid for it. He got paid for saying a few words. Easy £#%&!ing money

If someone slipped me £500, I'd go on tape and say scousers are salt of the earth. Off camera I'd swill my mouth with bleach
or ginger beer ffs

Scousers still reckon their comeback was better than the 99 final

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:23 PM
wee man

haven't seen the dippers part. What's he say ?

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

I know what you saying pal but as you say 2008 could have been used!

Eric is meant to be this man of principle etc and tbph I don't think he should be advertising sky full-stop (but that's just me, me I'm not saying anyone else should have the same opinion)

He could and IMO should have refused to do an ad involving the vermin!

We can laugh all we want re the lip-service their ex players pay their fans etc but I can't imagine one of their idols doing it with us in!

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:25 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
I've only seen it twice before it was pulled but he goes on about their comeback in Istanbul, he's pretty non excited in his commentary but it defo jars seeing him photoshopped into Stevie £#%&!ing G and co's celebrations

I am just wondering if it was Cantona that got it pulled because the advert has defo been altered

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
I honestly couldn't tell you, as the vomit spewing forth from my mouth prevents me from hearing it! Something about drama of life

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:28 PM
wee man

Quote:
I've only seen it twice before it was pulled but he goes on about their comeback in Istanbul, he's pretty non excited in his commentary but it defo jars seeing him photoshopped into Stevie £#%&!ing G and co's celebrations

I am just wondering if it was Cantona that got it pulled because the advert has defo been altered
ffs

I did see there were 2 different versions - one that finishes with "Seagulls". But haven't seen the dippers bit

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

Honestly it hasn't been pulled! I've seen the shortened one and thought it had but as I said it was on yesterday

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs down

It's still getting shown. I saw it yesterday...well I say saw it, I quickly grabbed the remote & switched over. I then sat there shaking my head in disappointment...What the £#%&! was he thinking??

..edit: the £#%&!er's just been on Channel4 now

Unread 06-08-2010, 08:31 PM
les vagas

the 99 final wasn't shown on sky sports thats why he doesn't or can't mention it

Unread 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Ashley's Grime

Why not show us winning the only ever all English European cup final in 2008? We did it without £#%&!ing cheating too.

Unread 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Why not show us winning the only ever all English European cup final in 2008? We did it without £#%&!ing cheating too.
wasn't as dramatic. Was for us but wasn't for the non partisan sports fan.

The ad is about the drama of sport. les is right. If sky had 99 then that'd be the ad.

I'm not going to judge Cantona too harshly. He's human like the rest of us. It's not his fault he has a french accent or that people built him up to be some sort of genius off the pitch. The guy was a football savant not a philosopher.

The sky ad is on youtube but these are better

Unread 06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

as Ramone says it's just been on C4 with Dippers bit back in ffs

but Sky don't appear to be showing that version

Unread 06-08-2010, 10:27 PM
tony tabletop

ffs get over it you soft tarts it's an advert.

Unread 06-08-2010, 11:42 PM
wonky no

Quote:

not seen the cropped version of the traitor ad but just seen the one where hes at wemberley.

lets face it, he's milked us and now we dont count.
Closed Thread