United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2021, 10:39 PM
ZiggyStardust

If as expected we lose to city at the weekend then our season is in danger of blowing up in Ole’s face

He’s got to be very careful as finishing outside the top 4 will be unacceptable and should see him removed from his position
We’re currently sleepwalking into this and Ole doesn’t seem to have any answer to it

Unread 03-03-2021, 10:39 PM
Tronics

imagine being in love with a manager (of this standard) more than the club, could never be me.

Unread 03-03-2021, 10:40 PM
AK14

Still team Ole

But needs to learn how to manage the squad better (said it last season too)

Also if the club try to pull another shocker this summer as they did last summer he needs to speak up.

Unread 03-03-2021, 10:42 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I’m pretty much done with him.. like I said elsewhere if we get into the CL next season we’ll probably play like shite and go out at the first hurdle.

We’re a good side at times and that’s it. Player purchasing and overall squad isn’t great right now either but that’s down to the club.
Starting to feel the same tbh, love Ole, but it's just not good enough.

Unread 03-03-2021, 10:43 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
If as expected we lose to city at the weekend then our season is in danger of blowing up in Ole’s face

He’s got to be very careful as finishing outside the top 4 will be unacceptable and should see him removed from his position
We’re currently sleepwalking into this and Ole doesn’t seem to have any answer to it
Remaining league fixtures after City don't look particularly straight forward either, some annoying sides that we have struggled with under Oles reign:

West Ham (h)
Brighton (h)
Spurs (a)
Burnley (h)
Leeds (a)
Liverpool (h)
Villa (a)
Leicester (h)
Fulham (h)
Wolves (a)

Go deep into the europa and semis/final of fa cup and it gets trickier.

I don't think top 4 is locked in to be honest.

Unread 03-03-2021, 10:45 PM
Tronics

"If you’re not spot on you won’t win games" incredible insight from our coach

Unread 03-03-2021, 10:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Even though it is "expected"?

That doesn't really make sense tbh.

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
imagine being in love with a manager (of this standard) more than the club, could never be me.
Imagine being a supporter of a football club. Could never be you.

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Even though it is "expected"?

That doesn't really make sense tbh.
What are you talking about

Unread 04-03-2021, 12:21 AM
Stickman

It’s either boom or bust with regard to our form.

Unread 04-03-2021, 12:53 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It’s either boom or bust with regard to our form.
It’s not as extreme as when we went on winning runs straight into losing runs.

Our bad period has seen a lot of draws. You have to see that as progress.

Not good enough to challenge the freak Liverpool and City sides of recent seasons but that’s to be expected.

Unread 04-03-2021, 02:59 AM
shenwen

City's run is exaggerating our bad form a little bit. Not much but a little. What is that now - 20 wins in a row?

But still, these are the games here for me Ole shows his weaknesses. Games that just slowly slip away with little to no intervention from Ole in terms of tactics or subs. What was said at half time? Keep going lads?

If we laud Ole on the good days, we owe it to hold our hands up in matches like this (and Chelsea and at least half a dozen more this season) and accept that it's very poor. Four draws in the last five PL games is not progress for me, particularly given the opposition.

Unread 04-03-2021, 07:08 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
City's run is exaggerating our bad form a little bit. Not much but a little. What is that now - 20 wins in a row?

But still, these are the games here for me Ole shows his weaknesses. Games that just slowly slip away with little to no intervention from Ole in terms of tactics or subs. What was said at half time? Keep going lads?

If we laud Ole on the good days, we owe it to hold our hands up in matches like this (and Chelsea and at least half a dozen more this season) and accept that it's very poor. Four draws in the last five PL games is not progress for me, particularly given the opposition.
We’ve played our part in taking the pressure off City too though, that shouldn’t be ignored in my view.

Unread 04-03-2021, 07:26 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
We’ve played our part in taking the pressure off City too though, that shouldn’t be ignored in my view.
Yep... 3 wins in 9 is average form.

I keep going back to tactics and formation. He’s got no plan b, can’t mix things up, doesn’t mix things up and he’s not getting the beat out of the front 3.

Yes we’re top scorers in the league but when you consider 15 of those goals came in 2 games against teams who had a nightmare then it balances out more.

Have we improved this season would you say? Are we better coaches or better performing? Our results suggest slightly but our performances suggest absolutely not.

Unread 04-03-2021, 07:51 AM
AK14

Quote:

I keep going back to tactics and formation. He’s got no plan b, can’t mix things up, doesn’t mix things up and he’s not getting the beat out of the front 3.

Yes we’re top scorers in the league but when you consider 15 of those goals came in 2 games against teams who had a nightmare then it balances out more.

Have we improved this season would you say? Are we better coaches or better performing? Our results suggest slightly but our performances suggest absolutely not.
Nope.

Unread 04-03-2021, 08:23 AM
Hyman_Roth

Feels poor atm. We’re lacking inspiration and ole needs to be more dynamic in his subs. I would have thrown the kitchen sink at winning that game last night and we seemed to settle for a draw. Too many players out of sorts which points to them being flogged too hard but also uninspired.

I think we conceded the league in January and it’s been difficult ever since. City’s form has demoralised us.

The manager needs to motivate and inspire at this point or we could sink fast.

Unread 04-03-2021, 08:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Feels poor atm. We’re lacking inspiration and ole needs to be more dynamic in his subs. I would have thrown the kitchen sink at winning that game last night and we seemed to settle for a draw. Too many players out of sorts which points to them being flogged too hard but also uninspired.

I think we conceded the league in January and it’s been difficult ever since. City’s form has demoralised us.

The manager needs to motivate and inspire at this point or we could sink fast.
Agree on accepting a draw. Can see the logic with Chelsea but not palace ffs. Should have been peppering their goal in the second half. Did I read right that we had no shots on goal? That's not great.

On city, I think everyone has accepted the inevitable, including the teams they play against. saying that, they do also have a very good team.

Unread 04-03-2021, 08:44 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Agree on accepting a draw. Can see the logic with Chelsea but not palace ffs. Should have been peppering their goal in the second half. Did I read right that we had no shots on goal? That's not great.

On city, I think everyone has accepted the inevitable, including the teams they play against. saying that, they do also have a very good team.
If Bruno struggles then the team does. No creativity within the midfield and a forward line unable to dig anything out of games like that. We desperately need a top striker with Rashford’s and Greenwood’s roles being redefined around him. Watching shaw trundle down the wing, come inside, go back outside, get it to Rashford and then it break down time and time again was just depressing. And shaw was our best player

We’ve massively missed Pogba- anyone who can create a moment tbh.

Unread 04-03-2021, 10:12 AM
Coracao

Quote:

I think the notion that we are a decent attacking side needs to be put in the bin.

We have failed to scored in 26% of our league games this season. In 52% of games we have failed to score more than 1. 38% of our goals came in three games (Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton).

The attackers aren't good enough. The midfielder isn't creative enough (he doesn't help by playing 2 defensive minded players). He has developed no visible strategy for breaking down sides who just drop deep. It's no surprise someone like Hodgson has taken 4 points off us. A vastly experienced coach who must feel like his Christmas has come facing this Utd side.

Unread 04-03-2021, 10:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think the notion that we are a decent attacking side needs to be put in the bin.

We have failed to scored in 26% of our league games this season. In 52% of games we have failed to score more than 1. 38% of our goals came in three games (Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton).

The attackers aren't good enough. The midfielder isn't creative enough (he doesn't help by playing 2 defensive minded players). He has developed no visible strategy for breaking down sides who just drop deep. It's no surprise someone like Hodgson has taken 4 points off us. A vastly experienced coach who must feel like his Christmas has come facing this Utd side.
Still, we showed Riola...
Closed Thread