Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Bruno is the player Tronics thought we were getting in 2007

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30887
The £#%&!ing state of that/him

Unread 03-03-2021, 06:12 PM
Tronics

i love you lot.

it’s a post from 2007, Anderson was a completely different player to the one that arrived at United

injuries and lack of professionalism changed what he could do on the pitch and our genius manager recognised that and used him in a different way

imagine being a grown man with a family spending your time trawling through forum posts to find a “gotcha” moment, could never be me

Unread 03-03-2021, 06:36 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
i love you lot.

it’s a post from 2007, Anderson was a completely different player to the one that arrived at United

injuries and lack of professionalism changed what he could do on the pitch and our genius manager recognised that and used him in a different way

imagine being a grown man with a family spending your time trawling through forum posts to find a “gotcha” moment, could never be me

Took about 10 seconds tbf. Most of the time I click on a user profile it's accidental because I'm on my phone but had to check if you've been holding the longest of WUM games since 2007.

Unread 03-03-2021, 06:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
i love you lot.

Don’t know why but that bit made me laugh

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:08 PM
Tronics

i think it's clear to see now that Bruno isn't a creative midfielder.

he's closer to a false 9 than he is a conventional number 10.

and when he's not scoring goals or "assisting" he doesn't influence the game enough.

his numbers are insane but when you actually watch him, he's pretty ordinary tbh.

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:22 PM
armchair

Quote:
says more about you than him imo.

he needs a rest. you need sedation.

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:23 PM
Vedder

Quote:

and when he's not scoring goals or "assisting" he doesn't influence the game enough.

his numbers are insane but when you actually watch him, he's pretty ordinary tbh.
This post £#%&!ing hell

Unread 04-03-2021, 03:02 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
says more about you than him imo.

he needs a rest. you need sedation.

Quote:

when wums go too far

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:13 PM
20LEgend1999

Trails behind Kevin De Bruyne in pass completion however. Still lots to improve on, once he gets over being burnt out and never scoring against "Big Six" opposition (excluding Spurs, Chelsea, City and Liverpool). Needs to score against the team in 10th place if he wants to prove he can do it against the better sides!

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:26 PM
Tronics

maybe his best performance against a top 6 side

kept the shape in midfield well, i think his average position was BEHIND the front 3 for once. didn't bomb forward too much, used the ball better in the 2nd half.

clearly he's a net positive influence to the team, you could see him behind Ole on bench kicking and heading every ball, he's a pure winner, he deserves the best.

if we actual sign a couple quality midfielders + Pogba in and around him and let him do whatever he wants we could do something special.

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
https://twitter.com/StatmanDave/stat...764063233?s=19

Trails behind Kevin De Bruyne in pass completion however. Still lots to improve on, once he gets over being burnt out and never scoring against "Big Six" opposition (excluding Spurs, Chelsea, City and Liverpool). Needs to score against the team in 10th place if he wants to prove he can do it against the better sides!
As Tronics put it, he needs to start playing like a “proper number 10”. Just isn’t quite cutting it.

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:30 PM
Tronics

he's a goalscoring number 8 and should be played in that position more often

when we sign better midfielders you'll see.

Unread 08-03-2021, 02:59 AM
shenwen

Quote:
maybe his best performance against a top 6 side

kept the shape in midfield well, i think his average position was BEHIND the front 3 for once. didn't bomb forward too much, used the ball better in the 2nd half.

clearly he's a net positive influence to the team, you could see him behind Ole on bench kicking and heading every ball, he's a pure winner, he deserves the best.

if we actual sign a couple quality midfielders + Pogba in and around him and let him do whatever he wants we could do something special.

Unread 08-03-2021, 05:31 AM
believe

Thumbs up

Up there with one some of the best strikers I've seen

Unread 08-03-2021, 06:24 AM
saffers

Player of the year.

Unread 08-03-2021, 07:12 AM
utd99

I’d say he’s the most important signing since van Persie, but it’s a little unfair on him because van Persie came into a team of veteran winners and was the final piece of the jigsaw, he didn’t have to drag a team of inexperienced kids up to his level. If Bruno ever wins the title he’ll easily outstrip vP and we’ll have to go back to Ronaldo, Rooney or Eric for a worthy comparison.

Unread 28-03-2021, 08:31 AM
puressence

suspended for portugals midweek game .. at last hes having a week off

Unread 28-03-2021, 08:50 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
suspended for portugals midweek game .. at last hes having a week off
Probably on the lash..
Closed Thread