United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:24 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
10 years of unlimited spending, cooking the books and throwing money at anyone who was at barcelona circa 2008-09 has predictable results you mean?

Any team could be them. Bolton, Fulham, Portsmouth...anyone. Give any manager an 800m quid squad and watch them walk the league as well.
i really think you underestimate the difference a great manager makes to a club with unlimited resources that's been set up with the sole purpose of wining everything in sight.

according to people in the know City were preparing for Pep's arrival years before he was hired. they put everything in place above him so he could do his job to the highest level and it shows.

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:25 PM
red in cumbria

No surprise that the usual suspects on this thread think city play great football

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:28 PM
Tronics

curious.... if you don't think City play good football, who does then?

Liverpool? Arsenal? Chelsea? Us?

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:28 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
then there is really no helping you but you're one of these fantasy sports w****rs
Far from it pal, you are living in a fantasy if you think Guardiola has nothing to do with City's success.
Horrible to witness it but FFS

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:29 PM
Dr Stranger

19 league games since they went behind in match

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:31 PM
puressence

Be 9 points behind em 630pm Sunday

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:32 PM
red in cumbria

Its horrifically efficient, incredibly successful football. That doesn't mean its GREAT football. Of course Pep's Barca were much the same - and plenty on here said so at the time.

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
i really think you underestimate the difference a great manager makes to a club with unlimited resources that's been set up with the sole purpose of wining everything in sight.

according to people in the know City were preparing for Pep's arrival years before he was hired. they put everything in place above him so he could do his job to the highest level and it shows.
Got any more bombshells for us pal?

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:48 PM
Tronics

hahahaha, touché

i’ll keep my “insights” to myself

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
hahahaha, touché

i’ll keep my “insights” to myself
Mate, city's achievements are no better than Lance Armstrong winning all those tour de france titles.

They've not been done honestly, therefore they're tainted.

They aren't a football club, they're the british branch of a global sportwashing enterprise. A £#%&!ing franchise.

Unread 02-03-2021, 11:59 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Mate, city's achievements are no better than Lance Armstrong winning all those tour de france titles.

They've not been done honestly, therefore they're tainted.

They aren't a football club, they're the british branch of a global sportwashing enterprise. A f***ing franchise.
i get what you mean mate but i have agree to disagree...

let’s just hope we can fix things up on our side

Unread 03-03-2021, 12:02 AM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Far from it pal, you are living in a fantasy if you think Guardiola has nothing to do with City's success.
Horrible to witness it but FFS
never said he has nothing to do with City's success...he's a damn good manager, maybe the best in the world but 2B spent sure as £#%&! didn't hinder him either

Unread 03-03-2021, 09:29 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
never said he has nothing to do with City's success...he's a damn good manager, maybe the best in the world but 2B spent sure as f*** didn't hinder him either
We have spent close to a billion since Fergie left and are further behind City than ever, quality wise.

Unread 03-03-2021, 09:51 AM
Dr Stranger

It would be daft to deny that Pep has had any influence, but it would be dafter to suggest the money isn’t the biggest factor.

They’ve won leagues with two different managers before, but without that money, they’re nowhere near any of it or even the managers in the first place.

There will always be a hollow feeling to everthing they do. And they know it.

Unread 03-03-2021, 03:29 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
We have spent close to a billion since Fergie left and are further behind City than ever, quality wise.
City have spent £565M just during the time of Pep....let that sink in
Closed Thread