United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2012, 01:13 PM
evianfree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
United finished 3rd, 18pts behind the champions. They got dicked 3-1 on their own pitch the night they gave Chelsea a guard of honour iirc. And they lost the FA Cup final after failing to score in 120 minutes of domination against Arsenal.
what's that got to do with anything? you claim the quality of playing staff is much the same. it isn't. quality isn't elastic and dependent on what we win or not. 4 leagues and a european cup does not mean the glazers have been good owners and we've been watching a golden united era. it just means other have been too shit to take advantage.

Unread 24-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by evianfree
what's that got to do with anything? you claim the quality of playing staff is much the same. it isn't. quality isn't elastic and dependent on what we win or not. 4 leagues and a european cup does not mean the glazers have been good owners and we've been watching a golden united era. it just means other have been too shit to take advantage.
so your question is What has finishing 18pts behind the champions got to do with the quality of the squad in 04/05?

Unread 24-07-2012, 01:27 PM
redmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
what did she do?
Damn I phone changed he spelling. meant scouse.

Unread 24-07-2012, 01:29 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
so your question is What has finishing 18pts behind the champions got to do with the quality of the squad in 04/05?
The guy's a £#%&!ing simpleton. You're wasting your time.

Unread 24-07-2012, 01:37 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Two of which are Giggs and Scholes
Yeah an old Keane and a blind Scholes. Heady days indeed.

Unread 24-07-2012, 01:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
2nd half of the season big JoS was in his pomp as a midfield enforcer

Unread 24-07-2012, 01:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:
quality isn't elastic and dependent on what we win or not..
i'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that what we win might just be a bit dependent on quality

Unread 24-07-2012, 02:06 PM
evianfree

Quote:
jesus are you really this dumb?

you claimed the squad is pretty much the same (quality wise)now as it was in 2004/05. clearly it isn't. the trio i mentioned would have walked into pretty much any top team in europe. can the same be said of the current shower? no is the answer in case you don't know.

yes united finished third but that was was more to do with the injuries and quiroz's tactical shift to safety first football. also arsenal's invincibles and mourinho's first chelsea team were great sides. they wouldn't have surrendered to city the way this shit united team did.

Quote:
The guy's a £#%&!ing simpleton. You're wasting your time.
you love me don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Two of which are Giggs and Scholes
there's this really horrible thing called ageing. dunno if you've heard about it.

Quote:
that would be the keane that was still putting in man of the match performances?

i genuinely can't believe you idiots think the united squad is as strong now as it was in the days before glazer.

Unread 24-07-2012, 02:08 PM
evianfree

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that what we win might just be a bit dependent on quality
so carrick is superior to robson as he won more?

Unread 24-07-2012, 02:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

you claimed the squad is pretty much the same (quality wise)now as it was in 2004/05. clearly it isn't. the trio i mentioned would have walked into pretty much any top team in europe. can the same be said of the current shower? no is the answer in case you don't know.

yes united finished third but that was was more to do with the injuries and quiroz's tactical shift to safety first football. also arsenal's invincibles and mourinho's first chelsea team were great sides. they wouldn't have surrendered to city the way this shit united team did.

you love me don't you?

there's this really horrible thing called ageing. dunno if you've heard about it.

that would be the keane that was still putting in man of the match performances?

i genuinely can't believe you idiots think the united squad is as strong now as it was in the days before glazer.
Quote:
Mikael Silvestre 45 5 50 2
Cristiano Ronaldo 40 10 50 9
Paul Scholes 43 6 49 12
Ryan Giggs 36 8 44 8
Roy Keane 40 3 43 2
Wayne Rooney 37 6 43 17
Rio Ferdinand 42 0 42 0
Alan Smith 27 15 42 10
Gabriel Heinze 39 0 39 1
Wes Brown 33 4 37 1
John O'Shea 29 8 37 3
Gary Neville 35 0 35 1
Roy Carroll 34 0 34 0
Phil Neville 20 14 34 0
Quinton Fortune 25 8 33 1
Darren Fletcher 25 5 30 3
Tim Howard 27 0 27 0
Ruud van Nistelrooy 25 2 27 16
Louis Saha 11 11 22 2
Liam Miller 10 9 19 1
David Bellion 8 10 18 5
Eric Djemba-Djemba 15 2 17 0
Jose Kleberson 11 3 14 0
Kieran Richardson 5 4 9 1
Jonathan Spector 4 4 8 0

Chris Eagles 3 4 7 0
Gerard Pique 1 2 3 0
Diego Forlan 0 3 3 0
David Jones 1 1 2 0

Giuseppe Rossi 0 2 2 0
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake 0 1 1 0
Silvestre made the most appearances.

Carroll in net.

Plenty of shite there pal.

And the squad was better in 2008 that it was in 2004.

Unread 24-07-2012, 02:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
This is RAWK-esque. Sure you're not a wall-pusher?

Unread 24-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Who the £#%&! are you calling jesus?

Oh and my apologies, I didn't mean to imply that the squad in 04/05 was as good as this current one.

I admire your revisionist assessment of Scholes, Giggs and Keane circa 2004/05 btw, and maybe you were one of those amongst us still appreciating their continued presence in the United side - I was of the same opinion, needless to say.

However, you seem blissfully unaware that the success of the squad is dependent not just on one area of the side or on a few top class first choice players, but rather it is on a harmonious and complimentary blend of all the players within it. That is the foundation of Ferguson's success. And in the 04/05 season the squad was sub-standard compared to most before or after, definitely including the current one.

I doubt this will help, but hope it does.

Unread 24-07-2012, 03:06 PM
borsuk

Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread