United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2012, 07:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
its like a drug
It is - and is probably, all told, less harmful than many others (though it doesn't always feel that way)

Unread 06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
A question Luffy can no doubt answer. Can remember a post of his where he was going on about, 'the smell of the crowd, the floodlights, the roar, the anticipation, the majesty, the greatness...."

Like some sort of 1950's Roy of the Rovers blog.

I could even hear the rattles and smell the woodbine when I read it.

Very funny from memory but obvs not meant to be.

Seriously though, when I first went to united, I was more interested in the crowd than the football. That's what intrigued me. Not anymore I'm afraid given that English premier footy crowds are largely dreadful (Blackburn away this season aside).

And like Carlo said, after United, why bother.

Still love playing it mind.
Same here.

You used to walk into Old Trafford like a narrator. Just like the Luffy you describe/deride.

Now you walk in there like a stranger.

Unread 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM
wonky no

i heard two blokes in their 80's talking to each other whilst i was in a pub having something to eat. they were on the next table. the whole hour or of their conversation was football related. from doncaster rovers to england in the euro's. steven gerrard, beckham, edwards, wolves, systems and formations.

its a very curious drug indeed.

Unread 08-07-2012, 04:28 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i heard two blokes in their 80's talking to each other whilst i was in a pub having something to eat. they were on the next table. the whole hour or of their conversation was football related. from doncaster rovers to england in the euro's. steven gerrard, beckham, edwards, wolves, systems and formations.

its a very curious drug indeed.
Nosey @#%&!.

Unread 08-07-2012, 04:35 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Nosey @#%&!.
sorry but you were rather loud

Unread 08-07-2012, 06:15 PM
otbarney

That's because me and Ged are both hard of hearing.

Unread 08-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Don Gorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
its like a drug

I watch it out of habit - only enjoy the occasional game

still play 5 a side, love it
This. First memory of mine is Forest Away, I think I was 3 or 4. Forms the vast majority of fond memories being a kid, the only constant presence in my life growing up. Probably wouldn't waste my time or money if it wasn't so.

Unread 09-07-2012, 02:59 PM
utd99

Because Stuart Pearson was 7 feet 6 inches tall and 20 stone of pure muscle, and when he puched the air after a goal it bled.
Closed Thread