United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2019, 10:34 AM
andyroo

And what's the £#%&!ing point when we'll only replace them with another shipload of mercenary swill anyway.

Unread 04-04-2019, 10:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
how many windows will Ole need / get to sort this shit out?
2/3 summer windows. ..

Were a long long way from challenging for the title ..

Unread 04-04-2019, 10:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Realistically how much can we expect to recoup from the sales of Sanchez, Herrera, Mata, Rojo and Valencia?

£90m with most of it coming from the Herrera sale would be my guess.

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:13 AM
AK14

There should be a clear plan in place for the club with players/positions we need to upgrade on over the next two years and that’s with or without Ole in place.

The scatter gun approach we’ve had over the last few years and how easily we rip it all up and start again with a manager change is a big reason we’re in this situation.

This summer we should be all over Neves imo, He’d be a great upgrade on Matic. I Would like Wan Bissaka but I’d be willing to give Dalot time and we’ve also got Ethan Laird who is supposedly very talented (aswell as O’connor)

Can’t see us signing a centre back unless both Rojo and Bailly leave and even then I’m not convinced by Koulibaly, he’d cost a fortune and is 28-29? (Thought Ed didn’t want players over a certain age )

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:16 AM
dunk

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:18 AM
AK14

Linked with Felix and Rodri this morning too...

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:19 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:21 AM
Jethro

Quote:
That take us to about 200 linked players already?

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:21 AM
AK14

Jesus Ed...

Talk about loose lips

Even if we did spend £200m+ this summer I still wouldn’t be confident we’d get the right players in. We’ll probably end up with Coutinho, Bale and Kaka.

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:30 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Realistically how much can we expect to recoup from the sales of Sanchez, Herrera, Mata, Rojo and Valencia?

£90m with most of it coming from the Herrera sale would be my guess.
Herrera & Mata are out of contract in the summer aren't they? Same with Valencia. So all of the money comes in the way of wages, not fees.

Sanchez we'd be able to get money for, but his wages are a nonsense so he'd have to go for a cut-price... can only assume it would be £20m or something, we'd give him half of that in a lump sum to £#%&! off. He's on (apparently) £32m a year

De Gea looks to be off to Madrid finally, that's £100m, spend £70m of it on Oblak (less wages also).

United will surely be budgeting something like £150m investment anyway, minus those players off the books - Darmian will go for a pittance as well.

I think United will promote a whole raft of Youth into the first team, we should be looking at buying as much young British talent as possible. The likes of Wan-Bissaka, Rice, Sancho are all perfect United fits. The lad Partey we're linked with is only €50m.

I'd sell Lukaku as well, get in another forward - Fernandes, Joao Felix are mooted. The kid in Germany... Jovic, perfect United type of player (basically the new Aguero).

Obviously it's £#%&!ing hard to get them all & at the right price, but this is why we need a football man to identify the right targets & do all the ground work to sell the vision of a United side going places in the next two seasons, not just hoovering up 29 year olds on massive contracts to get us over the next hurdle & then fail spectacularly.

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Switching Off

Rabiot off to Madrid

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:38 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn't realise he was out of contract

£15m then

Unread 04-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/...390610432?s=21

Jesus Ed...

Talk about loose lips

Even if we did spend £200m+ this summer I still wouldn’t be confident we’d get the right players in. We’ll probably end up with Coutinho, Bale and Kaka.
If Ed is leaking that he's got loads of cash to spend we will end up chasing ever increasing prices. He couldn't be that £#%&!ing stupid could he?

Unread 04-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Buck

For a Welshman AK has strange disdain towards Bale

Unread 04-04-2019, 04:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
For a Welshman AK has strange disdain towards Bale
Haven’t followed the welsh national side for years

Was put off by the way many non united taffs spoke about Giggs and United in general tbh. The constant sniping and claiming Bale was and always had been a superior player

Also did all the home games and a few aways during the 2004 euro qualifiers and the way we shit out at the end after such a good start really pissed me off. Obviously that had nothing to do with Bale, but I’ve disliked welsh football ever since and Bale and his fanboys annoy the £#%&! out of me.

Plus he seems like a #@&%! tbf.

Unread 04-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Buck

Quote:
Haven’t followed the welsh national side for years

Was put off by the way many non united taffs spoke about Giggs and United in general tbh. The constant sniping and claiming Bale was and always had been a superior player

Also did all the home games and a few aways during the 2004 euro qualifiers and the way we shit out at the end after such a good start really pissed me off. Obviously that had nothing to do with Bale, but I’ve disliked welsh football ever since and Bale and his fanboys annoy the £#%&! out of me.

Plus he seems like a #@&%! tbf.
Shots fired at vedder

Unread 04-04-2019, 06:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
If Ed is leaking that he's got loads of cash to spend we will end up chasing ever increasing prices. He couldn't be that £#%&!ing stupid could he?
Is this a rhetorical question?

Unread 04-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Whalefish

Just to say if there's a significant turnover of players this Summer, and a raft of youth promoted, think or hope Ole needs to be cut a bit of slack and given a season to mould his squad into playing as a unit in the manner he wants them to. Atm it doesn't really look like a team out on the pitch. It'll no doubt be an up and down season so I just hope the reactions from the press, supporters etc. isn't too OTT. Hope that makes some sort of sense, day time drinking and I'm a bit rinsed.

Unread 04-04-2019, 11:26 PM
Sparky***

Press being briefed all over the shop about a busy summer.

Must be season ticket renewal time.
Closed Thread