United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2020, 10:42 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
We've scored 36 goals in the League so far, how many can you remember that were from crosses?

Rashford header against Newcastle, Martial header against Norwich. There's probably more but to state it's the "only plan" is patently %@#$&!s.
I was talking about Moyes

Unread 22-01-2020, 10:44 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What exactly do you expect him to do or say? He was employed to carry out a role under certain conditions. If he wants to keep the role, that he clearly loves btw, then he has to work to those conditions. At no point is he going to resign in a blaze of glory slagging all and sundry, and if he did reach the point he'd had enough, there will be NDA's and what not preventing him from going in on the owners, nqat. Then there's the fact that if he did turn on the owners and club and do as you seem to wish, then we wouldn't be able to find a manager worth their salt prepared to take on the role anywhere.

He's battling previous manager's shite decisions and squad building, a shit, threadbare squad, a hugely inflated transfer market, a skint club, an inept 'Director of Football', major injuries to 3 of the 5 decent players he has and a hugely spoiled and unrealistic fan base.

He's doing a very decent job tbh.

If he bolsters the squad with a few signings and it's as shit next season, then we need to start thinking about moving him on.
all of this.

Added to which the club's star player and supposedly star attraction almost certainly wants out - a situation that's entirely not of Ole's making. He's been dealt a horrific set of cards when considered against the expectations on the club from sponsors, owners and our increasingly shite support.

Unread 22-01-2020, 10:46 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
all of this.

Added to which the club's star player and supposedly star attraction almost certainly wants out - a situation that's entirely not of Ole's making. He's been dealt a horrific set of cards when considered against the expectations on the club from sponsors, owners and our increasingly shite support.
There have also been flashes of what might be given a fit squad with the right additions.

Jury is out for me, but to judge him when he has the squad he has is not right.

Unread 22-01-2020, 10:50 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
There have also been flashes of what might be given a fit squad with the right additions.

And me to a degree. Too early to judge in any case and too many things outside his control have gone wrong to give him the platform to prove he's the right guy.

And insufficient evidence that a manager like Poch or Rodgers would automatically revolutionise the situation Ole finds himself in.

Unread 22-01-2020, 10:51 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot

He won't get a fair chance, the club can't suddenly get its shit together overnight by clicking its fingers.

I agree there've been flashes of it and they've been ace. First half against Man City away, £#%&!ing hell when did we last see United playing like that at their gaff. Trouble is there's always another Watford train wreck round the corner, whoever is managing. It's very frustrating.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:00 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
He signed enough players to have nearly a whole new team.

He was pursuing **** signings. One of whom was to presumably replace one of the two centrebacks he'd already signed

Perisic, William, Maguire, Diet weren't the players to challenge City. Just like Lindelof, Matic and Lukaku weren't
diet ..wow

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I was talking about Moyes
You said that Ole's plan reminds you of Moyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Care to share? Not sure hitting on the counter is much of a plan.

Both LvG and Mou had clear plans. They had very mixed success but it was still clear what each of their plans were. Ole's plan so far reminds me of Moyes' "play it down the channel and get the cross in" plan.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:15 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
You said that Ole's plan reminds you of Moyes
Pretty sure he’s saying it’s reminiscent in that it appears Ole only has one plan of action, making us easy to nullify. Not that he has the same plan as Moyes.

Edit - forgot the obligatory

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Pretty sure he’s saying it’s reminiscent in that it appears Ole only has one plan of action, making us easy to nullify. Not that he has the same plan as Moyes.

Edit - forgot the obligatory
He's was saying LVG and Mourinho only had one "clear" plan, and it was clear what it was with varying success.

And that Ole's plan reminds him of Moyes' plan. It's right there in the comment I quoted.

Anyway, back to Fernandes. Apparently he left the pitch a mood last night and lashed out at a cameraman on his way after 4 players were sent off in Sporting's fixture.

Get the feeling this isn't going to end up happening.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:26 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
He's was saying LVG and Mourinho only had one "clear" plan, and it was clear what it was with varying success.

And that Ole's plan reminds him of Moyes' plan. It's right there in the comment I quoted.
Yes, LVG and Mourinho = clear style of play. Moyes = not so clear style of play (essentially hit and hope). Ole, in his eyes, right now = not so clear style of play.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:29 AM
Seamus

time kills all deals

I dont think this one is going to happen plus The Scottish Player is not far away and we have Pogba also coming back as I dont think he will go in January.

Its not happening

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:31 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yes, LVG and Mourinho = clear style of play. Moyes = not so clear style of play (essentially hit and hope). Ole, in his eyes, right now = not so clear style of play.
You're wrong mate, your extrapolating something that isn't even there instead of actually reading the actual comment quoted.

Move on back to Fernandes.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:34 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
You're wrong mate, your extrapolating something that isn't even there instead of actually reading the actual comment quoted.

I’m not. He says in the first sentence that he isn’t sure Ole’s counter attacking football is much of a plan. That explicitly contradicts your claim that he’s saying Ole employs the same plan as Moyes.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:35 AM
silv

Quote:

He won't sign.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:45 AM
est.1878

It's about as ON as Jim royle's heating

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:51 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
all of this.

He inherited the same squad Mourinho had at full time vs Liverpool and his record is atrocious in comparison.

Probably not helped by the fact he has sold £#%&!ing loads of players without stopping and thinking for one second who might replace them.

Shit @#%&!s or not we started the season with a threadbare squad and that ultimately is down to him and his decisions.

He may not have the buying power but if he is being told who to sell then we may as well all give up.

As for Fernandes it would be nice if he actually came out at some point and confirmed or denied the interest in him. I guess the club is trying to save face and pretend we were never in for him as we will have offered Phil Jones and a bag of balls for his services.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
He inherited the same squad Mourinho had at full time vs Liverpool and his record is atrocious in comparison.

Probably not helped by the fact he has sold £#%&!ing loads of players without stopping and thinking for one second who might replace them.

Shit @#%&!s or not we started the season with a threadbare squad and that ultimately is down to him and his decisions.

He may not have the buying power but if he is being told who to sell then we may as well all give up.

As for Fernandes it would be nice if he actually came out at some point and confirmed or denied the interest in him. I guess the club is trying to save face and pretend we were never in for him as we will have offered Phil Jones and a bag of balls for his services.
Pretty sure everyone was complaining about keeping the shit@#%&!s around just to have them here rather than £#%&!ing them off asap and replacing with quality as and when possible throughtout Mourinho's tenure tbh.

Lukaku was a definite book balancing exercise btw. We haven't missed a single other of the players that have left imo. (Edit: Maybe Fellaini )

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:57 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pretty sure everyone was complaining about keeping the shitc***s around just to have them here rather than f***ing them off asap and replacing with quality as and when possible throughtout Mourinho's tenure tbh.

Lukaku was a definite book balancing exercise btw. We haven't missed a single other of the players that have left imo.
Some needed to go no doubt and I have praised him for that in the past, also the 3 signings he has made which i think (hope) will all prove to be very good signings.

However, selling Lukaku , loaning Smalling (keeping Jones) and I dare say even loaning Sanchez (keeping Andy P ffs) could come back to bite us (him).

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Some needed to go no doubt and I have praised him for that in the past, also the 3 signings he has made which i think (hope) will all prove to be very good signings.

However, selling Lukaku , loaning Smalling (keeping Jones) and I dare say even loaning Sanchez (keeping Andy P ffs) could come back to bite us (him).
Well Andy P is playing as a midfielder, non of those other players play in midfield, so that's a redundant comparison. Lukaku wanted out and we needed to balance the books for Maguire. Smalling wanted to play regularly and wanted to go, there were no offers for Jones and we had about 7 CB's, something had to give. I personally wouldn't have signed Maguire and kept Smalling or gone cheaper on the CB and looked for midfielders and forwards, but there you go.

As for Sanchez We needed him out of the club as it was clear his wages were causing an issue, as has been mentioned, and, let's be honest, he's been utterly shite since he hit 30.

Unread 22-01-2020, 12:01 PM
armchair

Today's the day.
Closed Thread