United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2020, 09:58 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Was very good tonight.

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned more tbh...
Because he was up against some youngster, as soon as Jimenez came on he was getting bounced off the ball

Unread 04-01-2020, 10:00 PM
armchair

imperious, sublime are just two words that won't describe him.

Unread 04-01-2020, 10:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Because he was up against some youngster, as soon as Jimenez came on he was getting bounced off the ball
Basically. Couple of his forays into Wolves half were £#%&!ing embarrassing too, caught in possession, muscled off the ball and shit passes the order of the day

Cracking tackle on Traore on the edge of the area early doors though.

Unread 04-01-2020, 10:14 PM
Red Santos

First six months overall he has been quite solid

The jury is still out for me though

He and Smalling would've been a better partnership.
Lindelof as mentioned so many times before is a @#%&! and £#%&!ing dogshit in the air.

Unread 05-01-2020, 03:04 AM
Stickman

He doesn’t really speak well for the standard of centre back in the league does he?

So much hype though off the last World Cup. Said it then that I didn’t think he was necessarily a better player than Smalling and stand by that.

Hopefully he gets a lot better.

Unread 06-01-2020, 12:16 AM
Whalefish

Someone yesterday said he's the Jordan Pickford of CBs, wtf does that even mean!!??

Unread 06-01-2020, 12:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Someone yesterday said he's the Jordan Pickford of CBs, wtf does that even mean!!??
He’s English and shit.

Unread 06-01-2020, 12:27 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s English and shit.
That'll do.

Although I don't think he's as shit as Pickford.

Unread 06-01-2020, 12:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
That'll do.

Although I don't think he's as shit as Pickford.
Nah, he makes Ben Foster look good.

Unread 06-01-2020, 12:32 AM
armchair

i think a fanny plus a stopper is better than two fannies.

Unread 07-01-2020, 10:51 PM
Tiberian

For all that I don't rate Maguire he deserves better than Lindelof as his partner. The faith shown in Lindelof, his elevation to unquestioned starter is highly questionable, if your best defensive attribute is staying out of way and not making mistakes..

Unread 07-01-2020, 11:11 PM
Sparky***

he's not been great but I think we can all agree that i'd rather see Maguire in a £#%&!ing wheelchair out there than phil jones play another second for us.

Unread 07-01-2020, 11:20 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he's not been great but I think we can all agree that i'd rather see Maguire in a f***ing wheelchair out there than phil jones play another second for us.
Jones looks finished now. Even up to a couple of years ago there were still flashes of a really good player in him, now he just looks a mess.

Needs a move for his own good, see if he can salvage something from his playing career.

Unread 07-01-2020, 11:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Jones looks finished now. Even up to a couple of years ago there were still flashes of a really good player in him, now he just looks a mess.

Needs a move for his own good, see if he can salvage something from his playing career.

Or just blow himself up for revenge like the old man with the Bell in Breaking Bad.

Unread 07-01-2020, 11:25 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Looks finished now?

He’s been an utter bumbling farm hand mess for nearly a decade. How he’s managed to stay here as long as he has will become one the worlds great unanswered questions. I think that there might even be future university degree’s tackling the issue.

Unread 07-01-2020, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Looks finished now?

He’s been an utter bumbling farm hand mess for nearly a decade. How he’s managed to stay here as long as he has will become one the worlds great unanswered questions. I think that there might even be future university degree’s tackling the issue.
His - totally inexplicably - getting a new deal last spring was the start of things starting to go wrong for OGS. Nqat.

Unread 07-01-2020, 11:35 PM
armchair

imo jones is the new norman wisdom

Unread 07-01-2020, 11:55 PM
Buck

He was supposed to be the new Duncan Edwards

Unread 08-01-2020, 05:27 AM
believe

Quote:

Every time the camera was on Jones last night he reminded of that bloke looking for his arm at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan. I’ve never seen an adult look so confused by everything around him.

Last night was proof that anyone with a brain knew that Maguire is not the problem.

Unread 08-01-2020, 07:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He was supposed to be the new Duncan Edwards
Fergie said he could be one of our greatest very players iirc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Every time the camera was on Jones last night he reminded of that bloke looking for his arm at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan. I’ve never seen an adult look so confused by everything around him.

Last night was proof that anyone with a brain knew that Maguire is not the problem.
Great analogy.
Closed Thread