United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Ronaldo winks to Barca

Daily Catalan sports paper Sport reporting today that Ronnie said at the press conference in London last night (slightly paraphrasing as I only read it briefly in the cafe waiting for my chicken)

'I don't know where I will be in 6 months. At the moment I am happy training well everyday and I just want to improve'

Unread 06-02-2007, 02:58 PM
carlosartorial

He's £#%&!ing going. Like some menopausal, overprotective mother we need to get our heads round it.

No point crying and spare me the histrionics. It's where he wants to be at the end of the day. Ronnie knows it, Barca/Real know it and United know it.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:01 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
He's £#%&!ing going. Like some menopausal, overprotective mother we need to get our heads round it.

No point crying and spare me the histrionics. It's where he wants to be at the end of the day. Ronnie knows it, Barca/Real know it and United know it.
if not this summer, then next. no doubt about that! nft.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:03 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Just provided that he doesn't go for half what he is worth. Zidane was the worlds best and most expensive player for nearly 50 million when he was in his mid 20s. Ronnie is still only 22 so lets make it 65 million quid or 100 million euros or so.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:04 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

...and then all our wonderful fans can call him a @#%&! and a liar just like they now do with Beckham.

Fantastic.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:04 PM
jem

Default glazer

will be rubbing his pants.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:06 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
will be rubbing his pants.
glazer is dead, didn't you know? nft.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I've resigned any hope he will be at United next season. And to be honest I'd rather he goes on good terms instead of holding United to ransom. It's quite obvious regardless of how much I like him, that he thinks the world of himself.

It's imperative United buy someone amazing to replace him though. Not Aaron £#%&!ing Lennon.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Qwertyuiop

If he £#%&!s off we'll need to find two new wingers. And a central midfielder.

Dont fancy that scenario much.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:56 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
...and then all our wonderful fans can call him a @#%&! and a liar just like they now do with Beckham.
Fantastic.
Beckham is a liar.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Beckham is a liar.
and a @#%&!.

Unread 06-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
If he £#%&!s off we'll need to find two new wingers. And a central midfielder.

Dont fancy that scenario much.
+ a striker.

Xavi could be a possibility as a part exhange.

But that would mean Carrick, Hargreaves (whom I presume they would still want) Scholes & Xabi. Minus a vital playmaker that is Ronaldo.

Doom.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Qwertyuiop

I can see us doing a Bayern this summer with Ronaldo (assuming he wants to leave).

The timing is wrong as we should be looking at getting someone in in place of Giggs, changing two wingers and potientially a central midfielder and a striker is too much change for my liking.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:06 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Just provided that he doesn't go for half what he is worth. Zidane was the worlds best and most expensive player for nearly 50 million when he was in his mid 20s. Ronnie is still only 22 so lets make it 65 million quid or 100 million euros or so.
Quite right, if that's what the spaniards want for their best players they can stump up for ours

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:17 PM
El Calafate

Utd don't have to let him go. he has another 3yrs to run after this season, so they could still keep him another year and still get a big payout. nft.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Lazarus

I doubt very much that the Glazers would want Ronaldo to go. He makes a fortune in merchandising and is all set to become one of the global icons of world football for the next decade..the fee would have to be ridiculously huge to justify the loss - loss finanacially and loss in terms of our self respect. Apart from Andrei not many players have left united when the club desperately wants them.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Whalefish

Swap him for Xavi, Marquez and Messi. Plus £30million.

Au revoir.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Rhodzy

If Ronaldo had said that it would of been on SSN by now, typical spanish press.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Tropical

Default You had me pondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
I doubt very much that the Glazers would want Ronaldo to go. He makes a fortune in merchandising and is all set to become one of the global icons of world football for the next decade..the fee would have to be ridiculously huge to justify the loss - loss finanacially and loss in terms of our self respect. Apart from Andrei not many players have left united when the club desperately wants them.
until that bit.

That the Glazers have any interest in the club's self-respect - even in terms of the "brand" - is a bit far-fetched. Indeed, there's no reason to assume that they're looking at the club's long-term interests at all. Really, that's just a variation on the "they haven't come here to lose money" theme.

What's more, the Obi Mikel case showed the rest of the football world exactly what we'd do when confronted with enough money, muscle and pressure. Our "self-respect" - and more significantly, the respect we might be held in by other big clubs - went right down the wazoo with that one.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:27 PM
The Return of JC

He winks all the time!

He's full of himself and full of expression, silly faces and gestures.

THe wink has been taken far to literally.......not to mention taken out of context.
Closed Thread