United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-02-2020, 05:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
£#%&! off you fraud

Yep the manager definitely hinders em. Oh wait your making excuses for injuries.
Apparently Imagine missing your top scorer, strongest CM and a Creative AM, must be hell for them..

Unread 23-02-2020, 05:20 PM
AK14

Should Bailly get a run of games next to Maguire?

Lindelof has been poor all season and Bailly seems to have the attributes needed to make a decent partnership with Maguire.

Unread 23-02-2020, 05:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Lindelof has been poor all season and Bailly seems to have the attributes needed to make a decent partnership with Maguire.
Apparently they're easing him back in, according to Ole, hence not playing today, would imagine he'd start next Thursday. Can see him getting plenty of games if he stays fit.

Unread 23-02-2020, 05:22 PM
Cream

Quote:

Bailly will never play a full season of football. Be lucky to get half a season out of the daft @#%&!.

Lindelof needs replacing, long term.

Unread 23-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we've hit the magical 40 point barrier lads. We're safe.

We've also now managed 11 whole league wins in 27 games, drawing level with such teams as Burnley
Still a lot of games left to play. If we get back in the CL and make one of two cup finals it will be a decent effort. The Scottish Player coming back in is a big plus. If Rashford was available l would have been confident the season would end on a positive note.

We must win at Everton though to show we can build momentum.

Unread 23-02-2020, 05:26 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:

Absolutely. Him or Tuanzebe.

I think it's clear Lindelof is never going to make it. The others are both more talented and they both have pace.

Enjoyed that second half. Bruno looks the business. Nice to see Chong playing better in his last 3 appearances. Hope he stays.

Unread 23-02-2020, 05:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II

I think it's clear Lindelof is never going to make it. The others are both more talented and they both have pace.

Enjoyed that second half. Bruno looks the business. Nice to see Chong playing better in his last 3 appearances. Hope he stays.
Not that hard tbf.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:09 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Apparently Imagine missing your top scorer, strongest CM and a Creative AM, must be hell for them..
And dare we mention an injury ever. Isn’t it part and parcel of the game.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I’ve been nothing but positive

Some odd mentions in this thread
I didn't mean this thread, it's more over the last couple of months. Saying that Mata should have played nearly got your account reported on suspicion of it being hacked.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I didn't mean this thread, it's more over the last couple of months. Saying that Mata should have played nearly got your account reported on suspicion of it being hacked.
He’s played well at OT recently tbf.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
He’s played well at OT recently tbf.
You were still moaning about him possibly getting a coaching post the other day, tho

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Switching Off

Lindelof and Maguire both backing off attackers is giving me a heart attack.

Looks like weve got a good un in Fernandes.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You were still moaning about him possibly getting a coaching post the other day, tho
Actually, I was moaning that he won’t be sold because no one wants him and the club have already offered him an ambassadorial role, meaning he’s still going to be clogging up the squad for a few years yet.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Actually, I was moaning that he won’t be sold because no one wants him and the club have already offered him an ambassadorial role, meaning he’s still going to be clogging up the squad for a few years yet.
Meh, he's not such a bad person to have around even if he can't play regularly any more. Certainly quite a few others I would ship out before him

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Still plenty of issues that won't go away overnight, but it's been a good week.

3 clean sheets in a row, properly in the mix for CL places and a few more options in the squad now.

They'll drive us mad disappoint plenty more this season, but there's plenty to be positive about.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Still plenty of issues that won't go away overnight, but it's been a good week.

3 clean sheets in a row, properly in the mix for CL places and a few more options in the squad now.

They'll drive us mad disappoint plenty more this season, but there's plenty to be positive about.
We have a bit more substance now, but still a bit too ragged around the edges to go into any game overly confident. That first 5-10 minutes might be the worst I’ve ever seen a United back line look without conceding a goal or two. Absolute slapstick stuff.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II

Jaysus, didn't see much of him but he looked pretty awful. Hate to agree with Jem but fear he's right on young Chongeh.

Unread 23-02-2020, 06:54 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick

Fernandes is great. Martial would boil the piss of Francis of Assisi but he sure can finish. Greenwood 's goal was absolute class.
sharp stick pal, sharp

Unread 23-02-2020, 07:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
sharp stick pal, sharp
That too

Unread 23-02-2020, 07:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We have a bit more substance now, but still a bit too ragged around the edges to go into any game overly confident. That first 5-10 minutes might be the worst I’ve ever seen a United back line look without conceding a goal or two. Absolute slapstick stuff.
Yes, worrying stuff. This happens more at home too. We seem far more resilient and organised away.