United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sounds like Ratcliffe is handing the glazers a load of money to still be in charge.

master businessman

https://x.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/1...778748533?s=20
“First step in a gradual takeover”

he’s gonna get rid of them long term but he’s taking the softly, softly approach. Smart man, they’re basically puppets on his string, dancing to his tune.

Love big Jim, self made billionaire outsmarting the supposed richest lads on planet Earth. That’s the kind of guy you want leading us.

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:38 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Sounds like Ratcliffe is handing the glazers a load of money to still be in charge.

master businessman

My big hope here is that you don’t amass the kind of fortune big Jim has whilst being a bit wet behind the ears - 25% of the club is still a huge chunk of change - I hope to £#%&! he has a plan

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:39 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
What do you think he'll achieve with his 25%? Stadium rebuild? Huge squad investment? Seriously, what excites you about this deal?
Was is everyone mad about a new stadium as if it would improve the team...?

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:42 PM
Patty_b

And Big Jim has won it!

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:43 PM
est.1878

INeos....

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
My big hope here is that you don’t amass the kind of fortune big Jim has whilst being a bit wet behind the ears - 25% of the club is still a huge chunk of change - I hope to £#%&! he has a plan
I'm waiting to hear what people think it'll be. Imagine the meetings about transfers?

Jim wants to go big ( ), I wonder if the Glazers will go big with him? "So that's Jim that wants the club to spend....and Darcie, Avram and Joel that don't. Vote?"

How will this shit work?

AK14

Quote:

master businessman

Fantastic

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm waiting to hear what people think it'll be. Imagine the meetings about transfers?

Jim wants to go big ( ), I wonder if the Glazers will go big with him? "So that's Jim that wants the club to spend....and Darcie, Avram and Joel that don't. Vote?"

How will this shit work?
Basically ratcliffe is paying off the debt for the glazers and will hope to sell his shares for a much higher value (as will the glazers ) in a few years time.

In terms of actually changing the mindset/wanting to be the best/investing properly into the team that will pretty much stay the same.

If there is direct ownership investment into the club then fair play for ratcliffe. Guess we will actually have to wait and see as a proposal for 25% of the club can’t have too much weight with regards to decision making , where to spend money etc.

Tbh you just have to look at Nice in France to see his track record.

Here’s to hoping there’s actual change but I’m not counting on it

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
I mean, surely he must?

Unless it really is a Chelsea fan stiffing us just as a Liverpool fan (Woodward) did so previously

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Basically ratcliffe is paying off the debt for the glazers and will hope to sell his shares for a much higher value (as will the glazers ) in a few years time.

In terms of actually changing the mindset/wanting to be the best/investing properly into the team that will pretty much stay the same.

If there is direct ownership investment into the club then fair play for ratcliffe. Guess we will actually have to wait and see as a proposal for 25% of the club can’t have too much weight with regards to decision making , where to spend money etc.

What’s the story there?

Last I heard a few players were calling out the running of the club and how poor it is?

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:51 PM
magic_cantona

Nice bought Ross Barkley and a few other rejects. They've done £#%&! all and the fans don't like him.

Exciting times.

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Will it though, at least he is *saying* more ambitious things than "top 4 will do"

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:53 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What’s the story there?

Last I heard a few players were calling out the running of the club and how poor it is?
One tried to jump off a bridge recently that’s how bad it is

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:55 PM
AK14

How long are we talking about before he takes full control?

Our luck he’s got a few spoilt dick head kids who eventually take control and around we go again.

Half taking the piss btw.

Whatever, it’ll be good to just go have an end to it all and get on with things. Sick of the whole takeover nonsense tbh.

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:56 PM
Lodestar

This isn't a good solution to the Glazer problem at MUFC. But let's wait and see the announcement that JR and the Glazers intend on nothing less than to restore us back to the pinnacle of English and European competition with major investment.

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What’s the story there?

You know it has to get bad when players themselves are calling out bad owners

Tbh , ratcliffe will be a patsy. He’s PR for the glazers, he will be where all the cameras focus on, he will be talking about the club in the media. In terms of actual decision making he won’t have any push in anything the glazers don’t want to do.

It’s big PR for INEOS and he has probably gone in with the same mindset as the glazers that in 5 years time he can triple his money .

We will have to wait and see, but I can’t imagine many companies who Hve their shots called by the minority investor

Unread 14-10-2023, 07:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
This isn't a good solution to the Glazer problem at MUFC. But let's wait and see the announcement that JR and the Glazers intend on nothing less than to restore us back to the pinnacle of English and European competition with major investment.
Well no, a full takeover would be better obviously.

But if the gimps have a minority of shares so they can keep the dosh rolling in, what actual harm can they do.

And what is actually happening to the debt if Ratcliffe takes control?

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
The key would be the decision making. Who is signed, the type of players, how the manager gets to handle the players, when they do the transfers. Will we see a restricted number of signings every summer.

Hopefully that does change, but if the glazers can effectively veto anything he wants then things will pretty much stay the same

Hyman_Roth

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You know it has to get bad when players themselves are calling out bad owners

Tbh , ratcliffe will be a patsy. He’s PR for the glazers, he will be where all the cameras focus on, he will be talking about the club in the media. In terms of actual decision making he won’t have any push in anything the glazers don’t want to do.

It’s big PR for INEOS and he has probably gone in with the same mindset as the glazers that in 5 years time he can triple his money .

We will have to wait and see, but I can’t imagine many companies who Hve their shots called by the minority investor
Aren't the Glazers (also) going to be minority investors though.

Quote:
The key would be the decision making. Who is signed, the type of players, how the manager gets to handle the players, when they do the transfers. Will we see a restricted number of signings every summer.

Hopefully that does change, but if the glazers can effectively veto anything he wants then things will pretty much stay the same
What would be the point of him even "taking over" then - why bother at all?

This is why I have a bit of a problem believing the most pessimistic interpretations tbh.