United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2018, 04:42 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There's no guarantee they're going to be as unstoppable as they were last season either.

The only thing that could possibly derail Liverpool is injuries as we saw at Dortmund. After a couple of season's of Klopp's style, players start breaking down.
Whereas we get that with our players playing plodding, risk free, non-confrontational slow shit.

Unread 21-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
The sick thing is were going to be secretly grateful pep is at city so it stops the verm.
Poch will lead Spurs to the title yhihf

Unread 21-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Poch will lead Spurs to the title yhihf
God I hope not.....then we’ll never get him...

Can’t we just go back to
Jose at Madrid and we take a shit spurs manager off their hands...

Unread 21-08-2018, 04:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
There's no guarantee they're going to be as unstoppable as they were last season either.

The only thing that could possibly derail Liverpool is injuries as we saw at Dortmund. After a couple of season's of Klopp's style, players start breaking down.
Hope so.

Fancy Guardiola will put all his eggs into Europe too, which give Liverpool a free run at the title.

Unread 21-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ethers right about now...

After your recent behaviour I’d be getting worried if you ever left your house, put it that way....

Unread 21-08-2018, 04:50 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hope so.

Fancy Guardiola will put all his eggs into Europe too, which give Liverpool a free run at the title.
City win the Champions League, scousers win the league and we finish 10th...

Unread 21-08-2018, 04:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
£#%&! me...

Wouldn’t surprise me tbh

They’ve strengthened the squad well again this summer and are looking like a proper side. Like sparky said, let’s see how they do if they pick up a couple of injuries.

Unread 21-08-2018, 06:21 PM
sa7

I’m yet to be properly convinced of this lad’s quality.

No doubt he’s good defender, but I haven’t seen anything to justify the immense hype he receives. I’d need to see him successfully marshal their defence against a bona fide world class attacking force before I would be convinced he’s as good as they make out.

Scouse players are like England players, as soon as they pull on that shirt they become ludicrously hyped. It’s hard to get a measure if they’re actually that good or not.

He’ll probably lead them to a two legged shut out of Barcelona now. £#%&!ing vermin

Unread 21-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I’m yet to be properly convinced of this lad’s quality.

No doubt he’s good defender, but I haven’t seen anything to justify the immense hype he receives. I’d need to see him successfully marshal their defence against a bona fide world class attacking force before I would be convinced he’s as good as they make out.

Scouse players are like England players, as soon as they pull on that shirt they become ludicrously hyped. It’s hard to get a measure if they’re actually that good or not.

He’ll probably lead them to a two legged shut out of Barcelona now. £#%&!ing vermin
The thing is because of the way they play you're not going to see him put under too much pressure. They dominate the ball and defend from the front, so you're not really going to get him in situations like United's defenders constantly find themselves in, namely facing their own goal making last ditch tackles.

They'll have more than enough to comfortably smash most of the dross in this league and they now have enough quality to give the best sides a good run for their money.

Incredible what happens when you plan properly in the transfer market and take steps to strengthen your biggest weak points isn't it.

Unread 21-08-2018, 07:53 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
While being unwatchable Darkest of dark days at utd since 74'

Anyone who can't see this VVD guy is a class act hasn't been watching, do utd scouts do any actual scouting

Unread 21-08-2018, 07:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
While being unwatchable Darkest of dark days at utd since 74'
Brace yourself. We need a rock bottom I fear...

Unread 21-08-2018, 07:59 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
The thing is because of the way they play you're not going to see him put under too much pressure. They dominate the ball and defend from the front, so you're not really going to get him in situations like United's defenders constantly find themselves in, namely facing their own goal making last ditch tackles.

They'll have more than enough to comfortably smash most of the dross in this league and they now have enough quality to give the best sides a good run for their money.

Incredible what happens when you plan properly in the transfer market and take steps to strengthen your biggest weak points isn't it.
Our defence would be perfectly adequate with a couple of proper fullback, City and Liverpools centre halves aren't massively better than Smalling and Jones, but they win the ball back higher up the pitch and try to score goals rather than try and protect it by sitting back in their own half and losing the ball themselves.

Unread 21-08-2018, 09:00 PM
saffers

Overrated player and to say £75m was worth it is hilarious.

Exposed in so many big games last season.

The media hysteria in the last few weeks has been extremely knee jerk even for them. Of course our own fans will be caught up in it.

Yeah right we tried to sign Van dijk. You fools fall for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Saffers in talking absolute shite shocker.

The whopper.
Stand by every word.

Including those words that have always called you a braindead £#%&!ing curtainhead. Easily the dumbest poster on here who doesn't know he's dumb. Kick rocks.

Unread 21-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Switching Off

He's not as good as Keita, who is the greatest midfielder of all times. Did you see him against West Ham and Palace?

Unread 21-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Our defence would be perfectly adequate with a couple of proper fullback, City and Liverpools centre halves aren't massively better than Smalling and Jones, but they win the ball back higher up the pitch and try to score goals rather than try and protect it by sitting back in their own half and losing the ball themselves.
we deliberately put ourselves under pressure all the time by surrendering the initiative. You're right. Teams in this league are petrified of City and Liverpool because they commit numbers forward and play on the front foot. Our passive, slow, turgid crap is like meat and drink to most of this league and away from home it's going to cost us big time.

Unread 21-08-2018, 09:42 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
we deliberately put ourselves under pressure all the time by surrendering the initiative. You're right. Teams in this league are petrified of City and Liverpool because they commit numbers forward and play on the front foot. Our passive, slow, turgid crap is like meat and drink to most of this league and away from home it's going to cost us big time.
What City would've done to that shite on Sunday doesn't bear thinking about.

Unread 21-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
you'll see what Liverpool will do to them at the weekend, as Brighton are playing at Anfield.

Quote:
Put their foot on their neck and not let up until they'd crushed them. That's what. Exactly what Manchester United would have done 10 years ago.

Unread 21-08-2018, 10:39 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

This would all be very bad but bearable, but with ciddy ruling the roost and skausville playing great football and improving, its a puke fest

Unread 22-08-2018, 06:13 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:
The scousers will hammer them on Saturday.. will make our defeat look even worse..

Unread 22-08-2018, 07:09 AM
puressence

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ghlight=VIRGIL
Closed Thread