Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2018, 03:47 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yes
....and this is where crass presumptions come into play

He has consistently said his refusal to wear a poppy is down to him not wanting to honour the parachute regiment who murdered ( David Cameron’s words, not mine) 13 unarmed British civilians in the bogside, 6 of whom came from the estate where he grew up

He has never once expressed support for the IRA*, and yet large sections of the media, and the great British public, wrongly assume that being anti British army means you are pro IRA

He’s right, they’re uneducated cavemen......you can usually see through the bullshit sparky, think this one through

* he probably did support the IRA

Unread 05-11-2018, 03:49 PM
andyroo

He just called himself a Fenian in that statement...

Unread 05-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Bunker Buster

£#%&! Matic off to Stoke as well the tortoise turning #@&%!....

Not arsed about the Srebrenica massacre is he....

Unread 05-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Y'all produce some awful trash

Unread 05-11-2018, 03:50 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He just called himself a Fenian in that statement...
Generic insult meaning catholic, maybe he’s reclaiming the word

Unread 05-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Seamus

not an option for anyone.

Players have only started wearing them on the shirts in the last ten years. What about the players before them?

Unread 05-11-2018, 03:54 PM
forwardirektion

Like that he didn't tell the club and just removed it, you can see the outline of where it was

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:02 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
yes
“Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich.”

― Peter Ustinov

That'll be a no then. More terror on one day on the sacred Somme than all the so called terrorism since.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
not an option for anyone.

Players have only started wearing them on the shirts in the last ten years. What about the players before them?
It’s the same as this shit about NFL players kneeling during the anthem.
It’s only in the last few years that the players have been actually pitch side during the anthem, as opposed to being in the dressing room.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Bunker Buster

So we pick and choose our favourite war now.....

There's no 'best side's in war.....

You wear it as a sign of respect for everyone's struggle.....

Knew there was something wrong with Matic, never warmed to him ...

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:13 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

WW1 for me. Had it all. Great War.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:21 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Vietnam

One of the great underdog stories.

Iran Iraq

For the craziness

Afghanistan is one of the worst. Pure garbage. Directionless and a waste of everyone's time.

WW2 still the mac daddy.

30 years war also very nice. Very very nice.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
....and this is where crass presumptions come into play

He has consistently said his refusal to wear a poppy is down to him not wanting to honour the parachute regiment who murdered ( David Cameron’s words, not mine) 13 unarmed British civilians in the bogside, 6 of whom came from the estate where he grew up

He has never once expressed support for the IRA*, and yet large sections of the media, and the great British public, wrongly assume that being anti British army means you are pro IRA

He’s right, they’re uneducated cavemen......you can usually see through the bullshit sparky, think this one through

* he probably did support the IRA
I see through all of it mate. I've had members of my family supporting the RA and doing bits for it, I just call it as I see it. James McClean can do whatever he wants, but lets not pretend he doesn't support the RA here, we're all grown ups.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:31 PM
no fun

Quote:
I see through all of it mate. I've had members of my family supporting the RA and doing bits for it, I just call it as I see it. James McClean can do whatever he wants, but lets not pretend he doesn't support the RA here, we're all grown ups.
I’m with you, I personally believe he supports the RA, but let’s be factual....he’s never stated his support publicly

His comments about “uneducated cavemen” is very reasonable....forget Bloody Sunday, anyone who knows even the basics about the Creggan will surely understand his dislike of the British army

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Vietnam

One of the great underdog stories.

Iran Iraq

For the craziness

Afghanistan is one of the worst. Pure garbage. Directionless and a waste of everyone's time.

WW2 still the mac daddy.

30 years war also very nice. Very very nice.
Another conflict based on the christian religion that killed millions and millions

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:33 PM
Knockers

The Napoleonic wars easily the best. The characters. Big Boners himself, Wellington, Sharpe.

Been a big fan since Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:33 PM
Sapien

Disgusting that pogba didn't get his hair done to look like a poppy imo.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I’m with you, I personally believe he supports the RA, but let’s be factual....he’s never stated his support publicly

His comments about “uneducated cavemen” is very reasonable....forget Bloody Sunday, anyone who knows even the basics about the Creggan will surely understand his dislike of the British army
The swivel-eyed military worship that remembrance day has turned into doesn't sit well with me. I support the idea of honouring the poor, working class boys who were conscripted to go and die in muddy, cold trenches even though they didn't want to.

but this jamboree of borderline nationalist fervour, backed up by this idea that people should be forced to wear a poppy or 'face abuse' is just wrong and goes against everything it should represent.

Having said that there are tedious minority of edge lords (particularly on twitter) who revel in the attention they get with their incessant anti-british obsession.

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:45 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Including ISIS ?

Unread 05-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Buck

Korean War > Vietnam
Closed Thread