United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:02 AM
AK14

Default Louis van Gaal brandishes Manchester United players as 'unprofessional' for ignoring his feedback

Quote:
Ex-Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has claimed many of his former players were “unprofessional” during his time at the club, citing their failure to acknowledge his feedback.

The Dutchman would send personal emails to his players detailing their progress ahead of face-to-face meetings but attached alerts to the messages meaning he could see whether or not the emails had been opened.

The 66-year-old concedes that a number of players didn't bother to read his feedback.

“I developed the digital tracker with my IT man. Each player was able to log in,” Van Gaal revealed in an interview with German publication Bild.

“So I gave everyone the opportunity to prepare for the conversation with me at home and to meet me in dialogue at eye level.”

When asked about players not bothering to read his messages, Van Gaal said: “That’s true, too. But this testifies to their unprofessionalism and I have then addressed them.

“But I already did that with the emails at Bayern. My conviction is that a full professional also wants to live professionally. Like Arjen Robben. He read the emails.”

Van Gaal spent two years at Old Trafford before his contract was cut short by the club in May 2016.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8263116.html

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:03 AM
windy waffles

He needs to get over it ffs. Seek professional help.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:03 AM
Pop

Probably sent the emails to himself, the thumb-headed @#%&!.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:07 AM
AK14

Siders best mate Danny ‘Fred’s favourite journo’ Taylor pretty much said it all back in 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rs-near-mutiny

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Mr_Ed

Any twerp knows how to bypass a read receipt FFS

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

"LVG has requested a read receipt. Would you like to send one now?"

"£#%&! off".

Close email.

Done.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:09 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Smalling, Rooney, Shaw etc...

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Jethro

We'd be toe to toe with City now if the big man was still at the helm nqat
come on siders back me up

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:11 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
come on siders back me up

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Siders best mate Danny ‘Fred’s favourite journo’ Taylor pretty much said it all back in 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rs-near-mutiny
Pal, he's Fred's man. Not mine. I didn't care for his snitching back in those days

Anyway, the Big Man also went in on the suits.

Quote:
"Manchester United, whom I last coached, are a commercial club. Quite unlike Bayern. At Bayern, the bosses are Rummenigge and Hoeness: former players, who know what they're talking about. For them, football is the most important thing; not money, like it is now at United."
Lots of good stuff about his development of Mueller, Alaba etc too

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Like I said, established players take it as an insult if a manager tries to coach them on various things . Moyes trying to get Ferdinand to do something different is another case in point. And who can forget them moaning about him wanting them to give up chips.

We have players paid hundred thousand plus a week to play football to the highest standard possible and they’re ignoring their boss’ instructions on how he wants them to improve and what he wants them to do.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:26 AM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Pretty much level with them when he left iirc. Beat them in his last derby etc. Signs were good.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Switching Off

Mou taking a lot of stick with for his recent criticism of these @#%&!s. Nice to see the big man backing him up.....

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

When Louis says it, he's too demanding.

When Jose rinses young and vulnerable players in public, it's the player's fault.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:37 AM
believe

Failing at united as really hit him hard

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
When Louis says it, he's too demanding.

When Jose rinses young and vulnerable players in public, it's the player's fault.
I’ve never seen anyone say van gaal was too demanding. Most blamed the players for downing tools.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Like I said, established players take it as an insult if a manager tries to coach them on various things . Moyes trying to get Ferdinand to do something different is another case in point. And who can forget them moaning about him wanting them to give up chips.

We have players paid hundred thousand plus a week to play football to the highest standard possible and they’re ignoring their boss’ instructions on how he wants them to improve and what he wants them to do.
Being coached by Van Gaal will have been a huge shock to lads who had been used to mick phelan taking training sessions. The less detailed approach had worked for United during those latter years (results wise) but it’s just not modern football.

Mourinho, who is not as detailed as Van Gaal, seems to have had similar problems with a few. Several of these lads apparently didn’t even like being criticised in team meetings ffs No wonder Mou is having his breakdown a little earlier than normal.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Being coached by Van Gaal will have been a huge shock to lads who had been used to mick phelan taking training sessions. The less detailed approach had worked for United during those latter years (results wise) but it’s just not modern football.

Mourinho, who is not as detailed as Van Gaal, seems to have had similar problems with a few. A few of these lads apparently didn’t even like being criticised in team meetings ffs No wonder Mou is having his breakdown a little earlier than normal.
Poch will sort it and have them playing brilliant energetic attacking football in no time though.

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Poch will sort it and have them playing brilliant energetic attacking football in no time though.
Hopefully

Unread 20-03-2018, 11:48 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Failing at united as really hit him hard
Its hit us a lot harder. I like the chap. But his list of signings is a damning indictment
Closed Thread