Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
you're still here
So are you but, I don't complain.

Unread 03-04-2018, 09:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Didn't announce anything. Said I was £#%&!ing off shortly. What's the problem?

Are you going to come over and disconnect my broadband and delete my account?

Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Didn't announce anything. Said I was £#%&!ing off shortly. What's the problem?

Are you going to come over and disconnect my broadband and delete my account?
Ignore the haters, pal.

Just like Jose, you will have the last laugh.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Always loved the idea but the reality on the pitch that final season (bar a few games) was very depressing to watch

Was delighted when LvG was appointed as I always wanted to see that total football style at Utd (and still do)
Sad to see how it turned out

Wanted us to carry on with this approach to football but with Woody at the helm I knew we wouldn’t
Hoped for the best with Jose but after near 2 seasons I’ve seen enough to know Jose will never get get us playing consistently the football I want to see Utd play
As Tibs mentioned, it would have taken the club understanding football (dare I say it a bit more than the fans) to appreciate that the approach was one that was worth building on rather than tearing down. But that appreciation for what was being built was not there at the time; many people were happy with Mourinho's "I'm deleting the players' memory" rhetoric.

In many ways the board is getting what they deserve, which is moving further away from what United is supposed to be about. And despite the complaining on this thread, it's always likely that watching other clubs perform at the the elite level will draw frustration.

Unread 03-04-2018, 09:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
As Tibs mentioned, it would have taken the club understanding football (dare I say it a bit more than the fans) to appreciate that the approach was one that was worth building on rather than tearing down. But that appreciation for what was being built was not there at the time; many people were happy with Mourinho's "I'm deleting the players' memory" rhetoric.

In many ways the board is getting what they deserve, which is moving further away from what United is supposed to be about. And despite the complaining on this thread, it's always likely that watching other clubs perform at the the elite level will draw frustration.
One of LvG’s best periods at the club was using Fellaini as a target man tbh, so I’m not sure Jose or the club have actually torn anything down

Unread 03-04-2018, 09:25 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Think it was better than rooneys....

Higher initial contact
Jumping away from goal..
Yeah. But it didn't look as good

Unread 03-04-2018, 09:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
One of LvG’s best periods at the club was using Fellaini as a target man tbh, so I’m not sure Jose or the club have actually torn anything down
Don't try and wum me, son.

Unread 03-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Cream

Quote:
Don't try and wum me, son.

Unread 03-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Coracao

A 4-3 defeat is better than a 0-0 in the context of a two legged game. Read some shite on here, but £#%&!ing hell

Unread 03-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Can't honestly recall Ziggy's stance at the time actually, but incredible how many people now appreciate that the approach was right, just not the execution.
Must be up to 3 or 4 people by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Don't think Ziggy is saying we should have stuck with LVG, would interpret it as sticking with the idea but finding someone else to implement it.

That would give the decision makers above the manager credit for actually having a plan for how the club should move forward on the pitch.
Those close to guardiola have said he always wanted the United job. Fergie preferred to manipulate Moyes into the job, and then push for Giggs.

Unread 03-04-2018, 10:21 PM
red in cumbria

I'm hearing that some Fredsters have claimed Ronaldo was "past it" recently

Unread 03-04-2018, 10:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
it's always likely that watching other clubs perform at the the elite level will draw frustration.
doesn't it just

still, I'm looking forward to what colour Paul Pogba will dye his hair on derby day. So swings & roundabouts.

Unread 04-04-2018, 03:17 AM
utd99

The quality of Real’s players is why they’re on course for a third CL, not Zidane’s tactics. While they were buying everyone else’s best players we were buying whoever we could get, then complaining that they weren’t good enough to execute the master plan. If Zidane ever told them to play for a draw they’d probably laugh at him and do what they wanted anyway.

We are light years behind them.

Unread 04-04-2018, 06:05 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The quality of Real’s players is why they’re on course for a third CL, not Zidane’s tactics. While they were buying everyone else’s best players we were buying whoever we could get, then complaining that they weren’t good enough to execute the master plan. If Zidane ever told them to play for a draw they’d probably laugh at him and do what they wanted anyway.

We are light years behind them.

Sad but true.

Respect to the Juve fans for applauding such a great goal against their owm team though

Unread 04-04-2018, 11:21 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

Sad but true.

Respect to the Juve fans for applauding such a great goal against their owm team though
To be fair, if you're any sort of a football fan and a player scores a goal like that, you're a bit of a bell if you don't applaud.

Unread 04-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
doesn't it just

still, I'm looking forward to what colour Paul Pogba will dye his hair on derby day. So swings & roundabouts.
Ffs. What a joke but it's true.

Unread 04-04-2018, 12:13 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Ffs. What a joke but it's true.
Genuinely couldn't care less how many times I put on the red tinted retro specs to slag off the current bunch of gutter snipes, can you imagine the likes of Keane, Irwin, Butt, Scholes, Cole etc.. having to sit back & watch a Liverpool V City CL quarter Final & it not burning to the very core of their £#%&!ing pride?

They'd be bastard seething.
Our lot are probably texting all their mates in both squads for the 'bants'

I wasn't even joking. Pogba no doubt is worrying about what to do with his hair before the game on Saturday.
I'd sack the @#%&! on the spot if he turns up with anything other than his natural barnet.

£#%&! them all.
..Yes I am still £#%&!ing angry about the Seville tie.

Unread 04-04-2018, 12:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
doesn't it just

If you're lucky you might get a video of a few of our lads doing a dance from Atlanta or New York and be told by white middle aged British journalists that you don't think it's shit and cringey, you just don't get it

Unread 04-04-2018, 12:24 PM
RemisMoses

I really wish I had a pound for every time I've heard/read 'Can you imagine keano...etc' in these last 5 years. Its academic ffs. Football has changed unimaginably since he started with us 25 YEARS AGO and changed even more since he left 13 YEARS AGO.

If he was in todays squad and he grabbed pogba by the neck and so on. He would get turfed out for bullying and who ever was end the end of his wrath would just leave. Its a different world and the parallels aren't worth shit. Look how well his management style went down with todays players Its no longer a game for 'men' and a more balanced approach is needed imo

Unread 04-04-2018, 12:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
I really wish I had a pound for every time I've heard/read 'Can you imagine keano...etc' in these last 5 years. Its academic ffs. Football has changed unimaginably since he started with us 25 YEARS AGO and changed even more since he left 13 YEARS AGO.

If he was in todays squad and he grabbed pogba by the neck and so on. He would get turfed out for bullying and who ever was end the end of his wrath would just leave. Its a different world and the parallels aren't worth shit. Look how well his management style went down with todays players Its no longer a game for 'men' and a more balanced approach is needed imo
it depends how literal you want to take the comparisons.
I'm not on about him grabbing Pogba by the throat, crushing his windpipe & fracturing his skull as he slams him against the wall... well maybe a bit.

I'm talking about a connection to the Club & fans. I'm talking about professional pride ffs

I'm well aware the game is unrecognisable from what it was even ten years ago - that's why I have less & less interest.
Closed Thread