Thanks for that einstein

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I honestly couldn’t give a £#%&!, even about our games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I'm looking forward to seeing us play football, but I also know that it will just be a letdown after watching the first game because it won't look or feel right.

In terms of the 'competition' and all that stuff, I couldn't give a flying £#%&! to be honest.
This. That Europa game was £#%&!ing dire

Give the @#%&!s the trophy and call is a day ffs.

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

no fans; rule changes; neutral venues for some, but not all, games. it's not even the same competition really, is it?

arsed.

Unread 05-06-2020, 12:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
The mind, like a parachute, works better whilst it is open.
But unlike the doors on a submarine.

Unread 05-06-2020, 05:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
no fans; rule changes; neutral venues for some, but not all, games. it's not even the same competition really, is it?

arsed.
This, its not proper football - simple as that.

Unread 05-06-2020, 08:38 PM
barca99

Its gunna be £#%&! but will soon get into it once it gets going.

FA Cup and Europa double will do nicely.

Unread 05-06-2020, 08:52 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Let's be honest, we don't give a £#%&! because they're gonna win it.
If it was us in their position we'd all be buzzin for the restart.

Unread 05-06-2020, 09:01 PM
armchair

I cannot wait for them to win the

league*

*rules changed due to coronavorus

Unread 05-06-2020, 09:24 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I cannot wait for them to win the

league*

*rules changed due to coronavorus
Don't get me wrong I'd have snatched your arm off for this in January. I was just hoping for a null and void.

Unread 05-06-2020, 09:46 PM
armchair

it's not a real league win if you change the rules during it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Five subs is a ridiculous change to bring in part way through a season. It means you can change half the outfield team over the course of the second half. It gives a massive advantage to teams with strong squads.

Unread 05-06-2020, 10:02 PM
tatty

It's a soulless, sour season everybody will be glad to see the back of.

I'll still be aroused by our cup run though.

Unread 05-06-2020, 10:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Its gunna be £#%&! but will soon get into it once it gets going.

FA Cup and Europa double will do nicely.

Unread 05-06-2020, 10:11 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The Europa League mate. Previously called the UEFA Cup, the competition has been known as the UEFA Europa League since the 2009–10 season,[2][3]following a change in format. For UEFA footballing records purposes, the UEFA Cup and UEFA Europa League are considered the same competition, with the change of name being simply a rebranding.[4]

In 1999, the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup was abolished and merged with the UEFA Cup.[5]For the 2004–05 competition a group stage was added prior to the knockout phase. The 2009 re-branding included a merge with the UEFA Intertoto Cup, producing an enlarged competition format, with an expanded group stage and a change in qualifying criteria. The winner of the UEFA Europa League qualifies for the UEFA Super Cup and, since the 2014–15 season, the following season's UEFA Champions League, entering at the group stage.

The title has been won by 28 clubs, 13 of which have won the title more than once. The most successful club in the competition is Sevilla, with five titles. The current champions are Chelsea, after defeating Arsenal 4–1 in the 2019 final to win their second title.

Unread 09-06-2020, 09:41 AM
Pop

Kick It Out chairman Sanjay Bhandari suggests players should take a knee before matches

"You can't shake hands before kick off, so maybe they could replace it with a new pre-match ritual. It would be a fantastic signal if every club took a knee before a game".

Great idea imo. Maybe the evil honkies could wash the feet of black players on the pitch at full time too?

Unread 09-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Let's be honest, we don't give a f*** because they're gonna win it.
If it was us in their position we'd all be buzzin for the restart.
Not sure about buzzin for empty ground football tbh.

Unread 09-06-2020, 11:42 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
The Europa League mate. Previously called the UEFA Cup, the competition has been known as the UEFA Europa League since the 2009–10 season,[2][3]following a change in format. For UEFA footballing records purposes, the UEFA Cup and UEFA Europa League are considered the same competition, with the change of name being simply a rebranding.[4]

In 1999, the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup was abolished and merged with the UEFA Cup.[5]For the 2004–05 competition a group stage was added prior to the knockout phase. The 2009 re-branding included a merge with the UEFA Intertoto Cup, producing an enlarged competition format, with an expanded group stage and a change in qualifying criteria. The winner of the UEFA Europa League qualifies for the UEFA Super Cup and, since the 2014–15 season, the following season's UEFA Champions League, entering at the group stage.

The title has been won by 28 clubs, 13 of which have won the title more than once. The most successful club in the competition is Sevilla, with five titles. The current champions are Chelsea, after defeating Arsenal 4–1 in the 2019 final to win their second title.
Hasn’t it been cancelled?

Unread 09-06-2020, 11:54 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hasn’t it been cancelled?
Don't blame you for thinking that, I thought it'd been cancelled until Charlie Nicholas popped up in my news feed the other day.

Resuming first week of August apparently. Also debating whether they should play a 'final 8 tournament'

https://talksport.com/football/71269...nament-lisbon/

Unread 09-06-2020, 11:54 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
it's not a real league win if you change the rules during it.
100% This.

Unread 09-06-2020, 12:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Don't blame you for thinking that, I thought it'd been cancelled until Charlie Nicholas popped up in my news feed the other day.

Resuming first week of August apparently. Also debating whether they should play a 'final 8 tournament'

https://talksport.com/football/71269...nament-lisbon/
Basically just a pre season tournament then?

Crazy.
Closed Thread