jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
just gotta grin n bare it
please.... not this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'm not too worried tbh we're an evolving side
there is no excuse for stupidity, even if we are "in transition". for a guy with a big picture and a plan, he makes some farcical calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Anfield last season was pretty bang on.
no. last season at anfield we were wide open at the back with little midfield cover and liverpool lacked the composure, common sense and talent to take advantage of their several runs at the defence. if lallana's shot had gone just the other side of the post.......

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Looks like we have a problem with the times. Whatever your views are on the clubs leadership - this intermittent airing of our dirty laundry doesn't suit anyone.
It suits those with personal agendas. Giggs, class of 92, board members who don't want van gaal. And players never blame themselves when things don't go well. Like fergie said years ago, winning the league is the only way to put these people back in their box and have proper power at a club.

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:19 PM
jem

much as I complain about the philosophy, I wouldn't let giggs and the band of 92 anywhere £#%&!ing near it. neville g practically support liverpool now.

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
much as I complain about the philosophy, I wouldn't let giggs and the band of 92 anywhere £#%&!ing near it. neville g practically support liverpool now.
If Gary Neville posted on here his rep could only be viewed on wide screen

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Why on earth would giggs be leaking stuff to the times, van gaal has said he should be his heir apparent ffs, makes no sense.
He says that to keep him sweet. Giggs knows Woodward has no intention of ever appointing him manager. His only hope is a fergie friendly takeover, a swell of demand from the fan base driven by the media, and/or internal politics shoehorning him into the job ala moyes. Or he could take the risk to go out and actually prove himself worthy of the job.

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
There was no Pep style pressing though, other than maybe Schweinsteiger, who knows how to play like that.

The rest of the players (Rooney, Memphis, Mata...) just stood off and let Arsenal pass straight through us. Arsenal were the ones who pressed as a team from the front. Maybe if we did it we would have been OK.
Which is pretty much what van Gaal said in his interview about people pushing up to press.

Though again I think he said "when it's like that in the first half, it's better"

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:31 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Why on earth would giggs be leaking stuff to the times, van gaal has said he should be his heir apparent ffs, makes no sense.
Bad United stories in the press are all the fault of the Freggle class of 92 axis of evil trying to take over the club or some sort of tin foil hat %@#$&!s along those lines.

Most of the players probably totes loved getting mullered 3-0 and could really see what we were aiming for.

I'm not bedwetting but the idea that some of the players might have moaned a bit after that £#%&!ing shambles is not really a surprise.

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
I'm not bedwetting but the idea that some of the players might have moaned a bit after that £#%&!ing shambles is not really a surprise.
don't know why they can't just stick to posting on here, though.

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He says that to keep him sweet. Giggs knows Woodward has no intention of ever appointing him manager. His only hope is a fergie friendly takeover, a swell of demand from the fan base driven by the media, and/or internal politics shoehorning him into the job ala moyes. Or he could take the risk to go out and actually prove himself worthy of the job.
Funny you say that because Beckham was on sky today saying he hopes Giggs gets the job after LVG.

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
You are quite ridiculously paranoid about the CO92

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingers
I can clarify this.

You have been known to post whilst completely shitfaced.

At least that's what we assume.

Unread 06-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I can clarify this.

You have been known to post whilst completely shitfaced.

At least that's what we assume.
:tipshat:

Unread 06-10-2015, 11:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
for a manager whose modus operandi relies strongly on a team buying into his methods wholeheartedly, it seems difficult for van gaal to find success at united if there is a faction determined to show its resistance at any opportunity. seems like a real battle of wills there.
So we could say LvG is the Jez (or even Ed M) figure, and Giggs and the "class of '92" are the "continuity Blairite" faction? Decent parallels there, actually

Unread 06-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So we could say LvG is the Jez (or even Ed M) figure, and Giggs and the "class of '92" are the "continuity Blairite" faction? Decent parallels there, actually
You could pal, doubt anyone else in the world would make that comparison....

Unread 06-10-2015, 11:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
It suits those with personal agendas. Giggs, class of 92, board members who don't want van gaal. And players never blame themselves when things don't go well. Like fergie said years ago, winning the league is the only way to put these people back in their box and have proper power at a club.
If there are dark forces trying to undermine LvG then that has to come into play when judging his actions in the job. Really hope Giggs and co aren't being snides to a guy who has done nothing but shower him with praise.

Unread 06-10-2015, 11:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no. last season at anfield we were wide open at the back with little midfield cover and liverpool lacked the composure, common sense and talent to take advantage of their several runs at the defence. if lallana's shot had gone just the other side of the post.......
You've typed out some %@#$&!s over the years, I'd say close to 95% of what you post, but that is up there with the lot. We dominated the bastards in that game, nobody can say the tactics weren't spot on. Other than maybe you

Unread 06-10-2015, 11:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You've typed out some %@#$&!s over the years, I'd say close to 95% of what you post, but that is up there with the lot. We dominated the bastards in that game, nobody can say the tactics weren't spot on. Other than maybe you
watch the game again. :0)

Unread 07-10-2015, 12:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Mr football purist here not happy with a dominant win at Anfield because we gave up a couple of chances?

Unread 07-10-2015, 12:32 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mr football purist here not happy with a dominant win at Anfield because we gave up a couple of chances?
I was happy.

the football was good, but still.....

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=260

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=306

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=533

:0)
Closed Thread