Unread 22-04-2019, 10:33 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
henry winter piece
Bob on - all of that. Good link pal.

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:57 PM
utd99

Point 5) is mostly garbage tbh. I wonder how many of United’s games some of these writers actually watch if they’re not on the beat.

Unread 22-04-2019, 10:57 PM
AnthonyMartial

Default ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
i hope we don't make the europa and we sign up and comers rather than big names
Don't have to sign Greenwood or Tuanzebe.

Brilliant forward and centre back.

Already here.

Gomes is just as talented but is smaller than a garden gnome.

Ability on the ball though makes Phil Foden look like Jody Morris.

Unread 22-04-2019, 11:03 PM
armchair

i am spitting feathers here.

Unread 22-04-2019, 11:23 PM
ZiggyStardust

Starting point for those going out is anyone who can’t play football or is actually afraid of the ball
That’s means getting rid of nearly all of the defense

Then you get rid of the players who won’t be able to work hard and play with intensity on and off the ball for the full 90 mins
Quite a few fall into that category

Unread 22-04-2019, 11:25 PM
AK14

Unread 22-04-2019, 11:26 PM
armchair

i am seething here

Unread 22-04-2019, 11:27 PM
BarryX

Not sure in the logic of selling Pogba or De Gea, at all. Clearly, on their day, they're both among thele best in the world in their respective positions. Sure, Ole needs to be build a team and the right ethics that go with it, but shouldn't we be doing our best to keep the best?

Unread 22-04-2019, 11:27 PM
armchair

rojo should be tarred and feathered the absolute disgrace. he's a thief , plain and simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Not sure in the logic of selling Pogba or De Gea, at all. Clearly, on their day, they're both among thele best in the world in their respective positions. Sure, Ole needs to be build a team and the right ethics that go with it, but shouldn't we be doing our best to keep the best?
for money to buy new players who aren't £#%&!ing #@&%!s

Unread 22-04-2019, 11:48 PM
BarryX

Quote:
I'm not sure how many non-#@&%!y world-class players there are left in the world, though, certainly not from the Instagram-generarion. It's what made me mainly fall out of love with the sport: the current bunch of players largely come across as a bunch of ego-centric and overpaid @#%&!s.

Unread 22-04-2019, 11:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
I'm not sure how many non-#@&%!y world-class players there are left in the world, though, certainly not from the Instagram-generarion. It's what made me mainly fall out of love with the sport: the current bunch of players largely come across as a bunch of ego-centric and overpaid @#%&!s.
look at ajax - all those players were cheap as £#%&!.

Unread 23-04-2019, 12:03 AM
BarryX

Quote:
look at ajax - all those players were cheap as £#%&!.
Having a great season, no doubts about it, but having just looked at their honours list it appears they haven't actually won anything major in years. And by the sounds of it, they'll have their current first 11 decimated at the end of the season.

I don't mind waiting as long as it takes, so long as the players actually show they're commited to the shirt, but we all know that the press and pundits will be on the manager's back, for each and every drawn out trophyless season. Can we really expect that they'll give Ole that much time to recruit mainly good 'uns?

Unread 23-04-2019, 12:06 AM
armchair

Quote:
Having a great season, no doubts about it, but having just looked at their honours list it appears they haven't actually won anything major in years. And by the sounds of it, they'll have their current first 11 decimated at the end of the season.

I don't mind waiting as long as it takes, so long as the players actually show they're commited to the shirt, but we all know that the press and pundits will be on the manager's back, for each and every drawn out trophyless season. Can we really expect that they'll give Ole that much time to recruit mainly good 'uns?
think they won the "not pay someone a quarter of a million pounds a week for not playing" trophy

Unread 23-04-2019, 12:18 AM
BarryX

Quote:
think they won the "not pay someone a quarter of a million pounds a week for not playing" trophy
Thought Sanchez was on more than that, but sadly (and eitherway) it's a byproduct of being top dogs in the multi-billion pound premier league market (see Mahrez kicking off in the rags today for not getting games at City).

Don't g8wt me wrong, I'd love to see us fielding a team full of young and largely unknown players who seemingly give a shit and can play. I just don't see any manager being given the time or freedom to do that, at any of the major English clubs

Unread 23-04-2019, 12:22 AM
armchair

Quote:
Thought Sanchez was on more than that, but sadly (and eitherway) it's a byproduct of being top dogs in the multi-billion pound premier league market (see Mahrez kicking off in the rags today for not getting games at City).

Don't g8wt me wrong, I'd love to see us fielding a team full of young and largely unknown players who seemingly give a shit and can play. I just don't see any manager being given the time or freedom to do that, at any of the major English clubs
i think we need radical change. get rid of degea, pogba, lukaku and a load of others. they are good players but they need to be sacrificed to change

Unread 23-04-2019, 12:40 AM
BarryX

Quote:
i think we need radical change. get rid of degea, pogba, lukaku and a load of others. they are good players but they need to be sacrificed to change
You're a braver man than me, then. Personally, I'd Keep De Gea, Lindeloff, Pogba and Rashford - the spine of a new team - along with a few others (Shaw, Dalot, Lingard and Martial). Wholesale changes with the rest.

Unread 23-04-2019, 05:55 AM
shenwen

Do we priories the lazy, uninterested @#%&!s or do we prioritise the more straightforward shit ones?

Lukaku number one out for me as he is a blend of both. As much as I’d like to see Martial and Pogba to follow him out (and help raise some funds) surely the priority has to be Jones, Young, Mata, Sanchez, Valencia? (I’d keep Smalling in reserve capacity only.)

Unread 23-04-2019, 06:24 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
i hope we don't make the europa and we sign up and comers rather than big names
I don't think we can avoid the Europa can we ? We can't finish below 6th...maybe if Watford win the FA cup ?

Unread 23-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
rojo should be tarred and feathered the absolute disgrace. he's a thief , plain and simple

The unvarnished truth

Unread 23-04-2019, 08:25 AM
The Return of Tim

Definitely Leaving - contract up:

8. Juan Mata
21. Ander Herrera
25. Antonio Valencia

Should be sold because they're shit:

4. Phil Jones
7. Alexis Sanchez
9. Romelu Lukaku
13. Lee Grant
15. Andreas Pereira
16. Marcos Rojo
18. Ashley Young
24. Tim Fosu-Mensah
36. Matteo Darmian

Should be sold to cash in (Dave) / because he's a @#%&! (Paul):

1. David De Gea
6. Paul Pogba

Should be kept as regular starters:

2. Victor Lindelof
10. Marcus Rashford
23. Luke Shaw

Keep as rotation players:

3. Eric Bailly
11. Anthony Martial
12. Chris Smalling
14. Jesse Lingard
17. Fred
20. Diogo Dalot
22. Sergio Romero
31. Nemanja Matic (he should go but no one will buy him)
38. Axel Tuanzebe
39. Scott The Scottish Player
40. Joel Pereira

This gives us a starting XI next season of:

New CF
Rashford - New 10 - New RW
New MC - New MC
Shaw - New CB - Lindelof - New RB
New GK

Looking good

Thanks
Closed Thread